Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #9EB2

Citizens United was a conservative think tank, and it was their case before the SC that led to the decision to essentially allow a fairly unregulated stream of money into campaigns.

The decision itself was made by a conservative majority, on a conservative titled court, in favor of a conservative organization, bankrolled by conservative donors, for the benefit of conservative candidates. After the decision, big conservatives voices including Graham and McConnell praised the ruling.

McConnell himself kicked the ball rolling with his own case before the SC to gut the BCRA, which, while it survived, was weakened by the case. Several years later it was gutted entirely by the Roberts court with the CU decision.

So, if you’re curious how conservatives are the architects of the current flood of money in politics, there is your answer.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
What’s the deal with Australia and their nanny government?

I thought they were supposed to be a society filled with tough as nails wilderness wrestling folks but why is everything else censored to the fucking brim?
Background Pony #9EB2
@Zincy  
Beyond conservatives being more likely to support it (progressives recieve the same benefits to the decision) I don’t see how any of those people can be considered “architects” of the decision. I think the decision that was reached was correct as well. Of course conservatives will want to support conservative policies though.

More to the point, I’m not sure where the hypocrisy is because I don’t know what the statements you claim are hypocritical.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@lonewolf

The same laptop that everyone already knows Guiliani fabricated?

…I’m not sure “suddenly” finding CP on it is gonna end well for Guiliani.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@lonewolf

Ah yes, the laptop turned over to a blind man who runs a small electronics shop on the other side of the country from where said individual lives, that they inexplicably held onto for 5 years despite apparently knowing its contents.

One does not “run” from something that does not exist.
Background Pony #9EB2
@lonewolf  
People will just attack the source instead of the content. I’ve already seen claims that the laptop is just a Russian hoax. Personally I think it isn’t as influential as it seems to the electorate. Trump will bring it up, Biden will deflect.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #9EB2

If a source fabricates something, then why would anyone need to address the material aside from pointing out the likelihood of it being fabricated?

If I claimed to have a laptop that shows emails from Eric Trump being a Russian agent, which I got from a blind window repairman from Connecticut that picked it up from a drunken Eric at a strip club, would you say that Eric Trump would need to address that?
Background Pony #02F1
Guarantee you if Trump brings this up at the debate he will get muted, even if it’s his turn to talk.
If he brings up stupid garbage like that, he deserves to be.

@Background Human  
@Zincy
It’s a desperate play for the QAnon vote. ‘Cause, you know, they’re totally undecided up to this point.
Personally, I see it more as the desperate last ditch effort of a flailing, broke, and impossibly inept campaign to recapture the shift in public opinion (and subsequent Trump victory) the last minute announcement of an investigation into Hillary’s e-mails resulted in. Which (to be fair) could possibly have worked a little bit, were there not a few hundred other things Trump’s campaign is ignoring or outright lying about that people are currently far more concerned over. Or, you know, if the entire story didn’t have less journalistic value than the average supermarket tabloid on the current whereabouts of Bat Boy, and wasn’t built on coincidence and conspiracy so ridiculous it’s mere presence moves the flat earthers and people who believe world leaders and celebrities are actually reptile aliens up in credibility.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Zincy

The whole story is worse than that, and not just because Guiliani keeps adding to it randomly. Off the top of my head the sequence of events are:

Hunter Biden laptop breaks down and he decides to get it repaired (fair enough), on the other side of the country (well, he travels a lot so okay), but forgets about it (…I mean, he’s rich so what does he care if some several hundred piece of hardware goes missing?).

The person repairing it is blind.

The blind man, after seeing what was wrong and fixing it, decides to look through its hard drive contents. Not just the desktop stuff, really dug through the personal stuff hidden deep.

He finds with his eyes emails and texts on it. Apparently not on an still open browser, Hunter evidently just took the extra step to copypaste all his emails onto his physical drive.

After having visualized these things with his blindness, he decides to hold on to the thing for 5-ish years and tells nobody.

He finally hands it over to the FBI…after making a copy.

He decides to give this copy to Rudy Guiliani of all people.

Rudy shops around to various news outlets to break this story to. But not the FBI or CIA or whoever you’d think would be interested in national security secrets. No, he wants the Fake News Lamestream Liberal Media to know.

Even Fox News rejects the story, saying “Yeah this thing is sus. Also his laptop story can’t be trusted.”

Some tabloid finally picks up the story, and now that the dam is broken everyone is reporting on it. And saying “Yeah this thing is sus. Also his laptop story can’t be trusted.”

Half a week after breaking the story, and incidentally half a week after everyone is calling bull, Rudy just now finds CP on it.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Personally, I see it more as the desperate last ditch effort of a flailing, broke, and impossibly inept campaign to recapture the shift in public opinion (and subsequent Trump victory) the last minute announcement of an investigation into Hillary’s e-mails resulted in. Which (to be fair) could possibly have worked a little bit, were there not a few hundred other things Trump’s campaign is ignoring or outright lying about that people are currently far more concerned over. Or, you know, if the entire story didn’t have less journalistic value than the average supermarket tabloid on the current whereabouts of Bat Boy, and wasn’t built on coincidence and conspiracy so ridiculous it’s mere presence moves the flat earthers and people who believe world leaders and celebrities are actually reptile aliens up in credibility.

The term you’re looking for is “October Surprise”.
Background Pony #9EB2
@Dustcan  
One correction, legally blind, he can still see, and the repair store owner can presumably see well enough to repair computers. The Guliani stuff is correct, though one added note is Fox News is reporting they have confirmed that one of the emails on it is legit.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Oh yeah, I’ve heard that the laptop contains images of real underaged girls in greatly taboo situations.

Of course I don’t know how true that is and I’ve heard many contradictory things about it being real or fake.
Background Pony #11A9
Deletion reason: Rule #0 next time try this without the strawman or casting shade on other users.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
If people would please distinguish between accusing candidates for the US presidency of things, and accusing the CHILDREN of candidates for the US presidency of things, that would be very good.

Saying “Trump/Biden did this horrible thing” when what is really happening is that one of their children is being accused of something, really needs to stop.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide