Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
HJSDGCE

No, we should be talking about the recent election results here in NZ, and how its three more fucking years of the Jacinda circlejerk.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Scrabbleman  
I was livid when I read the article. I went full retarded.

It isn’t in our capacity to judge a non-muslims who draws a picture of him, especially if said pictures were neutral, and especially IN SOMEONE ELSE’S COUNTRY! When a muslim lives under a foreign country they’re signing a covenant with said country and in accordance to Sharia, they must follow the civil and criminal laws!

To think, we live in a moment in time where “drawing Muhammad” is a known HEALTH RISK… holy fucking shit. There was a time in islamic cities where ppl would make images of Muhammad out of LOVE for him and at worst they would get scolded and their works unpublished. Now it’s a health risk–this is stupid.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Sigh. Im gonna donate to the family of the teacher…  
I’m gonna ask some students who live in france if they know of some way I could send a couple dollars or at least a couple of condolences.  
What a tragedy.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
Worst part is that I can already hear the Muslim “scholars” saying that the teacher had it coming for “insulting Islam” like Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker. Some politicians and public speakers would probably even side with the terrorists.

@Background Human  
Oh, I’m sorry! Apparently the brutal and unjust murder of a person due to radical Islam is a lot less important than Trump’s dinner and Joe Biden’s whatever. I apologize for not caring enough about American politics where old people scream at each other for several hours /s
Background Pony #615E
@Angrybrony  
If you’re referring to that white supremacist BP, then yes… unfortunately.

But how do they keep slipping through the cracks like that?
Background Pony #615E
@Angrybrony  
You mean like a VPN or proxy? Yeah, I guess so. I’d imagine they could also change their router or computer’s IP.

Hmm… maybe they’re using TOR? Or like you said, they haven’t been permabanned yet (I somewhat doubt it).
Background Pony #615E
@Angrybrony  
Their stories may be relevant, but their delivery does not help anything.

Racist statements completely eclipsing the articles or links they’re trying to share won’t get them anything but an eventual ban.

And speaking of which…

@Background Pony #617D  
What’s this about Patachu getting permabanned? What happened?

And while we’re at it, where’s GasMaskGuy? I would’ve thought he’d be all over that racist BP.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Scrabbleman  
So far I’ve heard unanimous fucking condemnation for the action of the murderers across the board, by mainstream and strict muslims and scholars.

Even if you heard someone say they “deserved it” they will not be able to justify it legally unless they invoke the “we’re in a state of war” argument which will run afoul of the overwhelming majority of muslims scholars.

Anyone who says the teacher deserved it, is a bloodthirsty miserable power hungry individual.

There was no oppression, there was no dhulm (or zulm) committed towards any muslim and therefore there was zero reason for any retaliation or demand for compensation, especially not brutal vigilantism.

I’m saying this as a person who never liked France’s attitude towards islam and wish that muslims would just gtfo of France
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Angrybrony  
Mostly the same deal as with black people in the US, except instead of descendants of slaves, they’re the descendants of immigrants from the former African colonies for the most part.  
When, after nearly sixty years of ghettoisation (especially as many ambitious housing projects were developed in the French suburbs during the post-war period, which aged almost as badly as Pruitt-Igoe in St. Louis) and systemic discrimination, many of them don’t expect much from the Republic anymore except for the occasional cop raid, no wonder sectarian and communautarian issues keep cropping up.  
And recently, Macron decided to fan back the flames by announcing a law against separatism (specifically singling out “islamic separatism”).
Background Pony #3364
@Angrybrony
@Angrybrony
@Angrybrony
@Angrybrony
Okay, I’m not gonna lie: soon after the first time I saw you use the phrase “shit swizzler”, I could not stop laughing. Even now, I’m still giggling like an idiot and/or a maniac every time that I come across that phrase.
Now, between you and me, if at any point, I do decide to create an OC pony of my own (which probably will never happen, most likely, as I am not into that stuff), I will use that phrase as its name, and I will definitely credit you for coming up with it. XD
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@CaptainXtra
Well, if there aren’t any countries that you don’t dare travel too because of warrants for your immediate arrest, can you truly be said to be living in a manner that’s true to your heart?

Mod, I don’t understand your question.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@phoenixacezero  
If you’re talking about the Uyghurs, those are a native minority in Xinjiang (they’ve historically been there since over a millenium) and the current cultural genocide imposed on them by the Chinese authorities is without common measure with the situation of French Muslims.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@phoenixacezero  
Which muslim immigrants moving into china are you referring to?

Earliest muslim records in china dates as far back as eighty years after the death of Muhammad–that’d make it somewhere in the 8th century. Most muslims coming into china was soldiers and traders. They’d also come in smaller numbers.

Fast forward to the conquest of the mongols, muslims were either taken in en masse and many of them granted citizenship by the mongols. The 13th century basically marked the first instance where muslims entered China in large numbers. The mongols would forcible relocate muslim and place them in random places in China, even assigning them government positions.

So apparently you have the Mongols to thank for that.

BUT, that means you have about 800 years for the chinese muslims to develop their OWN islam, Their own islamic identity and practices, sometimes very chinese and at a glance you wouldn’t recognize it as islam. Islam sinicised in pre-modern china.

Now there is two groups of muslims in china (actually more, but two are the vast majority)

The chinese muslims on the western border, in Xinjiang, are descendants of ppl from Kazakhstan (or basically Central Asia). They’re native to the region. They’re called Uighur (pronounced Wee-Gurr) and they don’t speak chinese; they’re Turkic people, after all.

The other group, the most numerous ones are the Huizhou (Hui for short) muslim minority. They look indistinguishable from the Han majority except for the way they dress. They are also native to the region and they speak chinese; because they are chinese.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide