Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #11A9
@CaptainXtra  
Geeze, chill.

I haven’t observed what you’re stating as fact, and there’s a good chance others haven’t either. Discussing if your observation is factual or supported by studies should come before discussing its reason. Otherwise people may just be making stuff up to support or attack a false position.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Virginia is on track to have the lions share of its power be provided by renewable energy within 10 years.

Dominion’s little windfarm out in the bay is set to come online soon. If it works out, they plan on starting construction of the full farm in 2024. Once completed, it would supply power for roughly 600,000 homes. All told, a little over 1/3rd of VAs power grid will be renewables.

Add to that the number of houses with solar panels is increasing every year and it becomes clear that VA is on track for a clean grid.

Meanwhile, West Va will continue to suffocate under a dense cloud of coal ash and stupidity.
Background Pony #3364
@CaptainXtra  
You need to beware of assuming, jumping to conclusions, and generalizing based on innate individual and personal human characteristics, like race, that can never be changed.

Just a good rule of thumb to have.
Background Pony #11A9
Louisiana police murdered a black man in custody after a DUI arrest, choking and beating him, repeatedly jolting him with stun guns, and dragging him face-down across the pavement after bounding him, all while hurling abusive language and joking, while the victim pleaded for mercy. Police reported him as having died on impact in a car crash.

https://apnews.com/article/john-bel-edwards-ahmaud-arbery-racial-injustice-louisiana-dc51668ec596f27e81c2c0c27d6f08c0

Bodycam footage was only just now, over a year after the police brutally tortured and slaughtered him, shown to his family, but prosecutors say it “would be detrimental for that video to be made public”.
Background Pony #617D
@Ereiam  
Well, I guess asking for a news source or two would be asking for too much then, now, wouldn’t it?? 😑
Background Pony #617D
@Background Pony #11A9  
Again, I think this is just an incidence of an individual police force, somewhere in America, being corrupt and abusive—which is bad, definitely.

Also, is there any actual, indisputable evidence in that video explicitly showcasing that the reason—or one of the reasons—why they beat that guy to death was actually because he was black? THAT’S the question that needs to be asked, here.

If yes, then I’d be somewhat surprised, but maybe not too shocked.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Jair Bolsonaro’s efforts to portray himself as an anti-corruption crusader have suffered another blow after police reportedly seized a wad of bank notes from between the clenched buttocks of one of his allies.

Whew.
Background Pony #8A0F
Brazilians shared the news under the viral hashtag #PropinaNaBunda (A Bribe up the Bum). Many suggested that the find would be remembered “in the anals of history”.

I don’t think news article has ever made me laugh out loud until now!
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I’m going to.vote third party. I want you to convince me Why I shouldn’t.

For example, I heard that a vote for third party is a vote for the incumbent. Is that true?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Random-Rambling  
Vote third party and fuck anyone who says that you should vote Democrat or Republican because “it’s the most important election yet”.

Guess what? People said the same thing in 2016 and 2012 and 2008 and 2004 and 2000, etc. It’s the same thing every single election. Pick one for God’s sake.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’m going to.vote third party. I want you to convince me Why I shouldn’t.
For example, I heard that a vote for third party is a vote for the incumbent. Is that true?

They say that because a vote less (they think you throw you vote away) is lowering the vote their opponent has to gain.  
In a two Party System your vote Counts double. You vote one side the one side gets +1 the other -1.  
“Your” third party has a starting Point of -66. / -1dem -1rep -65third

Your third Party is not going to win anyway so yes in a certain way no matter which side put the incumbent next has an easier win.

However, both ignore your choice. They only care for “THE WIN” not who you think should or should not sit on the throne. If you think neither of them then vote third Party. a +1 for the third Party is still better than a -1 on all by not Voting and heck Trump was not suppose to win 2016. Your Third Party is not supposed to win ever. It can happen.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #617D

I don’t have a news report, I have a presser from Dominion Power as a customer and investor. The current pilot program is a 12-MW test set up.

The current project slated for completion is the CVOW Dominion Power Offshore Project with help from Ørsted. Its the pilot to a 2,600-MW system slated to be built off the coast of Hampton Roads.

The presser had a link, here have a ball

There are 2.6 million homes in VA. This project will generate power for 650,000 homes roughly. We have several on-shore wind farms, including one currently being built around the Salem area. We also have hydro power plants in Lynchburg, Roanoke, and a few other places.

This all comes down to a VA government mandate for 100% clean energy by 2045. If you want to look up the various projects by Dominion and Appalachian feel free. I’m not here to guide you, I just wanted to mention it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide