Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #EE4D

Basically yes.

Keeping interest rates low encourages spending and discourages saving. Lowering rates is one of the better tools in the toolbelt for dealing with recessions and general stagnation. By lowering the interest rate when the economy was doing well, we didn’t leave ourselves an out to slam them lower if things went to shit.

The weird thing about our economy is that a recession is, ironically, the worst time to save. At least as the general econ is concerned. You spend your way out of a recession, and save your way when you have plenty.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Averaging the growth across cycles is a poor way to measure performance. As it neglects outlier quarters and “snap” downturns caused by factors outside of the control of the vested parties.

Much like how we don’t use “mean” income when measuring the central tendency for wages, instead using medium.

This is why “annualized” GDP is a better indicator. Which is still measuring by quarter (despite the name annual), but using some fun math on it instead. His annualized rates put him higher up the list.

full

Obama had a few sharp drops, but he also had a few very sharp inclines.

Also, that Townhall page was funny. Trump’s highest monthly RGDP growth was 3.33%, Obama’s highest MRGDP growth rate was 4.15% in March of 2015. So why they chose to highlight monthly growth is a mystery to me.
Background Pony #BE6A
Obama’s presidency literally kicked off with an inherited Great Recession, but people will somehow manage to blame him for its effect.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
An example of what I mean.

You may notice that Obama had a pretty bad year at the end of 2013 and start of 2014.

That period of time saw major hits to the global and US economy. The debt ceiling crisis led to a government shutdown. The world also saw the collapse of the Russia economy, precipitated by sharp drops in oil prices, led to lower growth for a few quarters across several nations.

Little bumps like that can make some quarters look awful.

The mid-early 2014, by contrast, saw a record amount of economic growth. The fastest since the early 90s.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@NitroFury  
I cant say I see many on the left distancing themselves from them but rather sympathize and enable them further. Even posting bail for them in some cases during the riots.

And now there seems to be a new swineflu in China again? Seemingly already infecting humans. What are they doing down there?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Goku Black

Sort of? I thought it was more of perverse incentives created by hokey legislation that caused the likes of Freddy and Fannie to loan to everyone?
Background Pony #CFDE
@Zincy  
Yes, but people have argued that we didn’t leave ourselves an “out” for years, but to raise rates in an attempt to get that out may have stalled the economy in the first place.

@Goku Black  
yes, and

@Ebalosus  
yes. Those were two big problems at the time, though plenty of problems existed.
Background Pony #CFDE
@Background Pony #CFDE  
To be more specific banks lended to riskier borrowers not only due to specific pressure to do it, but because they would sell this to Fannie and Freddy where it was to be packaged into the secondary market and sold off as an investment. Everyone knew these two entities were implicitly guaranteed by the US Government, including the two entities themselves.

You also had people trying to play the housing market by flipping houses as a career, risk rating services giving really good ratings to poor investments, and Federal Reserve fun time with the interest rate.
Background Pony #BE6A
Republicans tried to smear Biden, but instead succeeded in implicating former Secretary Perry in a corrupt scheme

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/24/democrats-alert-inspector-general-that-gops-biden-probe-directly-implicated-perry-in-corruption/

The Republican report aimed at raising questions about the dealings of Democratic nominee Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden in Ukraine appears to have accidentally implicated former Energy Secretary Rick Perry in an energy scheme in the foreign nation
[The report] found no evidence of actual wrongdoing and relied largely on debunked claims, old statements and narratives pushed as part of a Russian disinformation campaign.
But the report did find new evidence related to Perry’s actions in Ukraine while he served in President Donald Trump’s Cabinet.

tl;dr: Rick Perry, Trump’s Secretary of Energy while Rudy was off playing make-believe detective with his felon buddies, pressured Ukraine into making deals with his friends and campaign supporters, and overall undermined anti-corruption efforts in the country.

I’d say the GOP shot themselves in the foot, but we all know this will be completely ignored thanks to Trump doing or saying some other idiotic if not outright treasonous thing, as he’s done practically every day since his inauguration to divert attention from the miasma he’s turned the federal government into.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide