Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@Dustcan  
So the whole thing stinks, but there’s not enough evidence to prove more than wanton endangerment. (There should really be an enhancement for that when it actually kills somebody.)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Since 2000, U.S. gross domestic product lost that much as a result of discriminatory practices in a range of areas, including in education and access to business loans, according to a new study by Citigroup. It’s not an insignificant number: By comparison, U.S. GDP totaled $19.5 trillion last year.
And not acting to reverse discriminatory practices will continue to exact a cost. Citigroup estimates the economy would see a $5 trillion boost over the next five years if the U.S. were to tackle key areas of discrimination against African Americans.

Specifically, the study came up with $16 trillion in lost GDP by noting four key racial gaps between African Americans and whites:
$13 trillion lost in potential business revenue because of discriminatory lending to African American entrepreneurs, with an estimated 6.1 million jobs not generated as a result
$2.7 trillion in income lost because of disparities in wages suffered by African Americans
$218 billion lost over the past two decades because of discrimination in providing housing credit
And $90 billion to $113 billion in lifetime income lost from discrimination in accessing higher education

Direct link to the study itself.

It costs to be racist. Imagine that.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump reportedly furious that his polling amongst black people didn’t improve after being forced to introduce police reform.

Basically Trump vehemently opposed suggestions of mild police reform with the First Step Act back in 2018, only changing his mind when his staffers mentioned it would improve his image with minorities. When it didn’t improve he, of course, started throwing fits while shouting ‘Why the hell did I do that!?’ Trump had to be convinced to help blacks, and now is upset that he helped blacks without getting anything out of it.
Background Pony #02F1
Trump had to be convinced to help blacks, and now is upset that he helped blacks without getting anything out of it.
You know, it’s hard not to notice a pattern of Trump not comprehending that it’s possible to do something for others without getting anything in return. You know, like another report made clear earlier this month.  
Kelly’s son Robert is buried in Section 60. A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices.
Background Pony #B850
Trump got booed at RBG’s funeral.

Cue Schadenfreude Song from Avenue Q
Background Pony #8A0F
I guess it’s a positive that people think so highly of Biden that small mistakes in his speech matter. Trump fumbles with his speeches all the time no one bats an eye, it’s normal that he’s incomprehensible.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
If all these democracies dont stand together we will fall.

I think that depends very much on whether these democracies continue to behave democratically or not. In the case of the United States, I see this as somewhat questionable at the moment, just as I do in Poland and Hungary. I fundamentally reject right-wing populist ideologies that propagate a nationalistic police state that basically puts only its own interests above those of its allies and partners. In my eyes, this just conceals anti-democratic ambitions and thus opens doors to much worse things. This is my valid political opinion as a politically minded person.

Those siloes and subs keeps the peace.

Very questionable. And also extremely insecure. It is not without reason that the world has been on the brink of destruction several times. Nor am I convinced of the military usefulness of a weapon system that merely serves to destroy the target and also seriously contaminates it. That is why I am openly in favour of a general global ban on nuclear weapons. Those who want to keep their nuclear missiles and their uranium ammunition should bear the economic consequences. This may still be a pious hope on my part, but I have confidence in future generations. Unless these are completely corrupted by right-wing populist thoughts.

We failed Ukraine, who is next?

Well, why did they fail in Ukraine? Because Ukraine wanted to join NATO. In my view, this was just as serious a mistake as the blind enlargement of the EU to the east without a lasting examination of the actual financial, economic and social circumstances of a membership candidate. Without a safe and sustainable foundation, you just can’t build a house. If we should have learned something from recent years, it is that only a strong, united and as independent as possible Europe will survive in the future. I now leave open how this should be realised, because it would first have to be thought about who and what actually separates us and wants to keep us in a relationship of dependence. And why.

You may not like America. Ok.

Never said that. It’s a huge and beautiful country with mostly nice and interesting people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds who live there. I have already been there several times and I plan to travel there again, if things have perhaps calmed down a little bit. And when conventions can take place again. ;-)

But I don’t like the current American policy. And not just since Donald Trump. I believe that US foreign policy over the last 19 years has been a series of catastrophic wrong decisions and, as my political opinion, I point out the immense loss of trust and respect in the political arena. And I don’t think that this will come back so fast.
Background Pony #70DC
Trump is going to win and there nothing we can do about it just watch how the usa crumble into pieces if this shit continue between the 2 stupid party. China is next to become the next super power in the future if word war 3 dont happen
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Background Pony #70DC  
We can only hope Trump does win, yes. It would be the downfall of the USA if he loses.

@DarkObsidian  
Countries like the US will never give up. It’s nuclear Arsenal, even now, the current arsenal is being upgraded and increased, the actual number of active American nuclear weapons was roughly 2,200 a few years ago, but the current number is now classified.
Background Pony #70DC
@DarkObsidian  
Democracy is a fragile think

I think the word work like this monarchy, democracy, fascism or communism and Anarchy in a endless circle
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@MagpulPony

Well, one more reason to classify the US (politically) as just as trustworthy as Russia and China. Nuclear weapons are therefore, in principle, an eternal circle based on ideology and paranoia. May our children become smarter and more wise than we are.
Background Pony #EE4D
My biggest concern right now is if the Dems win they will get rid of the fillibuster, stack the court, and create a new state out of DC.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@DarkObsidian  
Our allies still seem very happy to do business and buy our weaponry. Heck, England doesn’t even own their nuclear weapons, they lease them from the United States. And pretty much no large country is less trustworthy than China honestly.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Pony #EE4D

DC has a population of over 700k, putting it around the same size population wise as the Dakotas, Delaware, and Rhode Island.

It should be a state.

The old Georgetown strip, and the capital mall can be the neutral capital.
Background Pony #EE4D
@Zincy  
I don’t agree, it should be returned to Maryland where it came from. I see no justification why it should be its own state.
Background Pony #EE4D
@Latecomer  
Looks like they have voted Dem since 2000, atleast in the presidential election. I doubt that would change, though the state would probably pick up a new electoral college vote and house rep with the population boost.
Background Pony #EE4D
@Zincy  
I’m pretty sure everything that is now DC was a part of Maryland. The parts of DC that was Virginia was already returned to Virginia
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide