Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
So because you dislike my answer, it’s suddenly whataboutism. Okay tough guy, if it makes you feel better calling it that, feel free. Your eyes only seem to be open to corruption on one side, and you don’t even try to hide it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

The first part is actually legit needed. Because signatures change over time.

Your sig from the time you got your license, which is the one most states use, is going to be materialistically different for most people who do not practice often 10, 15, 20 years down the line.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
So even though he is currently a democrat, you’re going to try to strengthen an argument of yours by saying he’s not, but need to rewind time to do so. Okay then.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Its what-about-ism because you literally pointed at the other side with a “well what about them” as if they were equivalent when the two positions are demonstrably different.

One would just be the flailing of an old man, the other is the literal rigging of the democratic system by the party in power. You cannot honestly see those two as equal.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

For fucks sake, I really didn’t use him to strengthen my argument you git. Considering under that I literally explained why what he did was fine, regardless of who it was. Then a few lines later said they can hang him for it if they want and I wouldn’t care.

If a Republican had did it I’d of said the same thing.

If Republicans want to pay for farmers to ride to the polls I actively encourage it. More people voting is more good.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Because paper doesn’t mean shit really.

I vote dem, I’ve helped dems, I’m on their mailing lists but I’m technically registered as a libertarian technocrat.

I view people based on what actions they’ve made. He has never, in all his years, supported liberal actions until literally 2 years ago. He is so much the definition of a DINO.

If I registered as a Republican tomorrow, would it make me one or would you rightly say I was being disingenuous? I will put money on Bloomy registering red after another 8 years of a dem in office.

And yes, surprise to many here, I am actually registered as libertarian.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
If you registered as a Republican and then started voting like one, sure, I’d consider you a Republican. In the same way that him running as a democrat and very much so acting like one, makes me see him as what he says he is. A democrat.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
To explain, btw, to those who would say “but you like big government”.

No, I like efficient government. I like a government whose existence is geared towards the uplifting of people by providing them the tools and help they need to chart their own paths. Efficiently run, as big as it needs to be, and with ass loads of civilian oversight. Keep the roads working, the air, water, and food safe, and the health care systems running. Shit like that.

No one in their right mind really wants an all powerful government.

@MagpulPony

I disagree, but at this point we are arguing semantics.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Latecomer

I would gladly accept the role of God Emperor of Mankind. But I know deep down that I’d abuse that power.

No human should have that kind of power.
Latecomer

@Zincy  
I know… but sometimes you look at the results of the current system and think that it’s probably hard to do worse.

(Probablly too sympathetic, but I wonder if he felt the same way…)
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
The fact that White House has been blatantly trying to rig the election in their favor just from the fact that they’re openly fucking with mail-in voting and the USPS(and that’s not even the only thing they’ve been doing), already tells this is gonna be an illegitimate election
Background Pony #7EC3
The fact that White House has been blatantly trying to rig the election in their favor just from the fact that they’re openly fucking with mail-in voting and the USPS(and that’s not even the only thing they’ve been doing), already tells this is gonna be an illegitimate election
President Donald Trump on Wednesday again declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the Nov. 3 presidential election.
“We’re going to have to see what happens,” Trump said at a news conference, responding to a question about whether he’d commit to a peaceful transfer of power. “You know that I’ve been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are a disaster.”
The president, who uses mail-in voting himself, has tried to distinguish between states that automatically send mail ballots to all registered voters and those, like Florida, that send them only to voters who request a mail ballot.
Trump has baselessly claimed widespread mail voting will lead to massive fraud. The five states that routinely send mail ballots to all voters have seen no significant fraud.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
President Donald Trump on Wednesday again declined to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the Nov. 3 presidential election.
“We’re going to have to see what happens,” Trump said at a news conference, responding to a question about whether he’d commit to a peaceful transfer of power. “You know that I’ve been complaining very strongly about the ballots, and the ballots are a disaster.”

So no basically
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy
I get that, but why say he’s not a democrat when he is literally a democrat?

Because he was a registered Republican literally up to him running on the Democratic ticket for president. So much so that he’s responsible for many GOP Congressmen winning their seats throughout the decades, up to and including the 2018 mid-terms and 2019 special elections.. As for why his supposed change of heart, his own staffers leaked that it was nothing more than a desperate attempt to stop Warren and Sanders because they were in the lead at the time and the multi-billionaire was scared he’d have to pay taxes for once if either won.
Background Pony #BE6A
Trump straight up saying ballots should be trashed and that there will ll just be a continuation of power regardless of results with no possibility for transition, and smoothbrains going “hrmm, yes, no issue there, 2nd Amendment only good for defending the government”.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
The guy that took the fall for Breonna Taylor’s murder would have got more time in jail if he sold drugs

America is simply such an interesting country

By interesting I mean terrible
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Latecomer

Exactly. It’s one of those things that once you’re aware of it, makes the alt-right’s bullshittery even stupider than it already is. Everything negative they say about the Jews™️ was up until relatively recently said about Roman Catholics in very Protestant nations after the reformation, and especially after the counter-reformation. It strongly informed US immigration views regarding Ireland and Southern Europe, and in the 20th century a presidential candidate had to publicly bend over backwards to ensure people that he wouldn’t be taking orders from Rome…yet if you ask alt-right or conspiratorial conservatards they’ll say that the Catholic-Protestant split was more a gentleman’s disagreement than anything major in the modern age.

For reference, this captures the general feelings of [protestant] Americans in the 19th century towards Catholicism:

full

@TheHappySpaceman

NZer here: borders are still sealed to non-essentials and non-residents. There is talk of opening up to the Pacific islands and granting exemptions to farm workers however.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide