Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #A2C2
@Latecomer  
Then in that case I must oppose you entirely, because I do not believe the state should have a hand in dictating publicly acceptable opinion. That is, and should remain, the domain of the public, and to surrender that power to the government would be the first cut of one thousand toward the demise of Freedom of Speech, and thus something I would never surrender for reasons stated previously and ad nauseam.

In a society which upholds Freedom of Speech the intolerant ought to be tolerated until they resort to means which make them intolerable, which is to say until they go beyond speech by resorting to violence or calls thereto. Until they reach that point, or if their opinions, statements or beliefs mark reasonable concern for the health of a third party, like children in the case of their parents, in which case an investigation ought be had before any charges laid, I think they should be tolerated as much as anyone else.

I would have replied earlier, but my friends were keeping me in 7 Days longer than I anticipated.
Background Pony #BE6A
DESPITE being only 4.3% of the world population, AMERICANS make up for 20% of all reported COVID-19 deaths.

✈️

👨
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Background Pony #BE6A  
Considering density of their cities (especially coastal ones), how people there are forced to meet with each other (I still don’t understand the idea with public laundry places), INTENSE level of american entitlement and globalism, I cannot understand why people act suprised about that.
Background Pony #59C6
@Violet Rose in The Rain  
Do not be mistaken, though: there ARE actual people out there who are pedophiles that are trying to paint themselves as being part of the LGBT community, but thankfully, LGBT people—not just straight people—are having absolutely none of that bullshit with the pedos.

They don’t want those child predators (actual and potential) having to do ANYTHING with them, and that is honestly something that always gives me a little bit of hope in this world, even if there shouldn’t be any reason to have any hope at all.
Background Pony #59C6
@Background Pony #4146
i don’t feel like putting in effort for you people to be honest.
you’re all just so…indescribably unrespectable.

As if you always need to be respectable to get your own point across, or that you need to be respectful in order for your point to be valid all on its own.

Also, that’s actually very hypocritical of you to say or imply, because you’re the same guy who responds to practically anything he disagrees with with shit like this:

@Scrabbleman
yes. i’m sure your not pulling that out your shitting hole.
@MagpulPony
can’t wait till we undo all of trumps bullshit cunty antics.
Background Pony #59C6
@Angrybrony  
Well, from my experience, the vast majority of young leftists and far leftists ARE essentially like psychopathic and/or psychotic children, so there’s that.
Latecomer

@WyrmSpawN  
Well, I’d have to look into it more - such spaces may have their uses, for reasearch purposes at least.

@Background Pony #A2C2  
As you wish, then. (Call me an idealist, but I consider a democratic state an instrument of the people, and therefore an acceptable tool for conveying their will.)
Background Pony #A2C2
@Latecomer  
It can be so only as long as the public which acts upon it is comprised of well informed and reasonable human beings that recognize certain things, being necessary to the function of such a state run by and intended to serve human beings, ought not be voted away or into the hands of the government. In the event that it is not it is very fortunate for those among the populace that do so qualify to have said rights guaranteed in a written contract, otherwise a bad news cycle might see them in court if not hastily thrown in prison to rot.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
fullSo,here’s a statue of Melania Trump in Slovenia. Apparently, something is wrong with it. I’m not seeing anything wrong with it. I guess people just don’t like the aesthetic? The previous wooden carved one was burned by vandals,after all. Everyone’s a critic.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Latecomer  
no. You’re asked to comply. They’re taking the risk of playing dumb and putting themselves in danger.

@Latecomer  
«how about the Japanese internment?» please remember that it was done in a context of world war. Japanese were the enemy of the US, just like Britain did the right thing arresting germans and austrians for their implications in the conflict. and so does many countries, including the US and France. I hope you agree that it was the thing to do, as many were involved in defending the third reich.

@Dustcan  
You completely missed the point about racial inequality being a completely obsolete topic here. But you bring another,  
« then that just shows how far we still need to go. »

How far do you need to go?

@Scrabbleman  
Because every year with an election happening, it’s a topic that has to be brought up visibly. «Hey did you forget the slavery?» as a scarecrow.
Latecomer

@Patachu  
Of course people should comply with police. But many petty criminals are not so dangerous that their escape is a worse outcome than their death.

And if it was so justified, why has the American government apologised for it?
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Latecomer  
« not so dangerous that their escape is a worse outcome than their death. »  
it’s their decision to escape.

«And if it was so justified, why has the American government apologised for it? »  
to please people who say police is violent, but it’s a vulgar trap.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide