Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Dustcan  
That’s bull shit and you know it is. They’ve tried to undo everything Obama did because Obama’s policies were crap, not because he’s a black man. Truly staggering that you came to that conclusion.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I like how the US is the only one that’s concerned about “reparations from slavery” while the rest of the world has already moved on and is better for it. Funny how backwards one of the strongest countries in the world is.

“Reparations from slavery”, hah! What fucking bullshit.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Scrabbleman  
We’re also one of, if not the, only nation who went to war to decide the fate of the institution, after which we ended reconstructive efforts very prematurely after about 1 decade.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Angrybrony  
I probably am but I wasn’t wrong with the US being stupid about it. The current political climate is crap and people are arguing over dumb things while the actual problems are running rampant.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Scrabbleman

What about laws that aren’t (or aren’t intended to be) on the face of them racist, but their implementation is racist due to pre-existing factors? Is that not systemic racism?
Background Pony #4146
@Ebalosus  
You mean like prosecuting murder or denying people probation based on how many crimes they’ve already committed?

@Angrybrony  
We’re not the ones saying that massacres of random people should just be expected until we get what we want. Maybe take a look in the mirror.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@Ebalosus  
Probably. Then that’s not the fault of the laws themselves, is it? If a law for equality is being abused by the people in power, then we already have names. So why blame the laws?
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
Well, I think that police and courts often treat black and white suspects differently based on those generalisations. The article I posted above is related.  
Thanks for the link.

Like I keep saying, I accept systemic reforms wherever necessary, since the detrimental aspects of corruption cannot be overstated. The problem I have is that a bunch of literally whos are pushing radical proposals to disband departments, which could lead to anarchy and lawlessness.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #4146

That, or Biden’s gun control platform that would disproportionately impact poors and minorities, and lead to (as usual) the state confiscating their property at the behest of worried well-off people.

@Scrabbleman

…except it’s the laws themselves that are causing the problems. Eminent domain and the war on drugs are the same, where it’s the laws that are further impoverishing the disadvantaged, even if enacted and enforced by the most egalitarian people ever. It’s why Sorkinite liberals give me the shits, as they can’t see that the policies they support are what’s creating the problems they’re trying to solve.
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
Anyone with sense calling for a department’s dissolution means it only as a prelude to it’s re-establishment in a more functional form. (Yes, there are quite a few people without sense. But I think the other side has more.)
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@GasMaskGuy98  
Because they’re generally not reflected in crime statistics, at least not here. Despite the connotation that it’s “oh, just tax evasion, embezzlement, no big deal,” it does have serious consequences.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
Anyone with sense  
In other words, anyone not M4BL:  
We believe that prisons, police and all other institutions that inflict violence on Black people must be abolished…
Again, I advocate some needed police reforms and better community/police relations, but this is just foolishness.

@Vivace  
Ah, okay. Thanks.
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
Yeah, someone pointed me to them and groups like them a while back. Overidiealists and people soured on a rotten system. (And I’m all for abolishing racially violent institutions - but police and prisons are still necessary.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide