Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #4146
The AP’s review did not find evidence of mass hysterectomies as alleged in a widely shared complaint filed by a nurse at the detention center. Dawn Wooten alleged that many detained women were taken to an unnamed gynecologist whom she labeled the “uterus collector” because of how many hysterectomies he performed.
But a lawyer who helped file the complaint said she never spoke to any women who had hysterectomies. Priyanka Bhatt, staff attorney at the advocacy group Project South, told The Washington Post that she included the hysterectomy allegations because she wanted to trigger an investigation to determine if they were true.
Wooten did not answer questions at a press conference Tuesday.

Oh look, it was a lie. The one hysterectomy the AP found evidence for was because of uterine cancer.

Now are we going to get the same shit again next week, or are people finally going to wise up and stop falling for hysterical bullshit propaganda?  
Of course not. See you next week.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Background Pony #4146  
You‘re straw-manning me. If the crime happens, it needs to be gone after and reported. It’s good that murder is, but it’s not good that white-collar crime flies under the radar. Both are crimes, so both should get their due. WCC doesn’t necessarily directly result in the immediate physical harm to the victim, but because it’s less visible and “sexy,” it’s more sinister.

The blurb: “In 2016, a Police Accountability Task Force in Chicago found that police searched black and Latino drivers four times as often as white drivers. However, police found contra-band on white drivers twice as often as black and Latino drivers.

The 2016 Perma.CC report: “In 2013, CPD was over four times more likely to search with consent vehicles of black and Hispanic motorists, compared to white motorists (4.74 and 4.09 times, respectively). CPD was also more likely to search without consent vehicles of black and Hispanic motorists, compared to white motorists (3.42 and 4.82 times)…In consent searches, CPD found contraband when officers searched white motorists twice as often compared to black and Hispanic motorists. The “hit rates” were 12% for black motorists, 13% for Hispanic motorists and 24% for white motorists. The same pattern held for searches without consent. The hit rates were 17% for black motorists, 20% for Hispanic motorists and 30% for white motorists.

The blurb is a distillation. It’s conclusions are not significantly different. It is not lying.
Latecomer

@Backgroundpony  
I presume we all want a fair and peacful world without racism, right? I sure do. But pretending we have one just ensures we never will. And blaming the victim of incessant abuse for not being as capable as someone who wasn’t can’t be right, can it?
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@silbasa  
That there isn’t evidence of mass hysterectomies only says that, not that there aren’t other ways the inhabitants are inhumanely treated such that the detention centers are considered concentration camps.
Background Pony #4146
@Latecomer  
The “updated” definition of “racism” that says any disparate outcome of any kind must be due to actions by the “oppressor race”, who must continue to be punished until the outcomes equalize?  
Yeah, that’s just a recipe for endless subjugation. No thanks.

You constantly do this “flipping back and forth on definitions” thing, and it’s disgusting.

@Latecomer  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_van_Zyl  
I think you need a history lesson and/or a severe talking-to, dude who talks about punishing races of people until they learn their place.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #4146  
Is it punishment to try and create fairness? I’d say yes, whites have done far too much to opress other races to get the benefit of the doubt. But that doesn’t mean they have to be repressed in turn - no-one does, save maybe those who want to repress others.
Background Pony #4146
@Latecomer  
Straight up blood libel, huh. Pretty much what I expected. So some people can’t be blamed for anything they do, and some entire races must be punished for the crimes of others.

I’m saving that quote for if you ever ask for the benefit of the doubt, because you’ve shown how much you deserve.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
Your theory only applies if one ignores a) systemic disparities due to historical racism  
See, this is exactly what I am talking about.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, screeching about this issue is only making the bubble bigger? The screeching itself is probably creating more legit racism than whatever the screeching people think they’re fighting.

If this is indeed the case, then nothing is ever going change at this point. Because if your actions create more of the thing that makes you screech harder, then it is self-perpetual, until the day you die.

You fighting this fight of yours is only making things worse for everyone involved.

I respect your opinions, but you need to think more clearly before posting shit like this.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
And saying nothing solves… what, exactly? The problems won’t just go away if you keep ignoring them.  
You assert the problem will not be solved by “doing nothing”, but is that not the one thing you haven’t tried doing? 100 years in Democratic cities, and guess what? They’re worse off than ever despite all the pandering and affirmative action. Why is that? Unless the “answer” you keep proposing is the cause.

It didn’t reach a breaking point. There have been riots forever. AFAIK, Detroit has never recovered from theirs and I somewhat doubt most other places will, either. Again, stop placing blame on everyone except the people responsible for their own lives.
Background Pony #4146
@Latecomer  
The problem also won’t go away if you keep misattributing it to justify punishing a race you really want to blame everything on.  
I don’t know about you, but I actually want to reduce the roughly 8 to 9 thousand excess murders a year, and your blaming them on the spectre of “whiteness” will do nothing to help.

You are going to keep failing to make any improvements, and you are going to keep blaming your ideology’s failure on the target class you’ve already identified as being responsible for everything wrong in the world.  
That is a recipe for endlessly intensifying tribal warfare and repression.

At what point would you ever step back and go “hey, umm, actually maybe not all of this bloodshed can be the fault of white people perpetuating whiteness?” Or will you, having denounced the scientific method and understanding of cause and effect as just another product of whiteness , simply resort to claiming that white people are witches casting evil magic?

You literally have one explanation for everything wrong. It’s a religion, not science, and just like a religion demonstrating that it is wrong will only make its believers angry and vengeful.
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
Or perhaps the cause is, you know, racism? Because you seem to think it’s gone away. It hasn’t. And even if it had, a burnt-out building is still one after the fire is out out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide