Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
How do you verify the voter’s identity? I don’t know if automatic signature verification is up to the task, especially if you’re signing a drive-up touch screen. Swiping a driver’s license takes you back to the voter ID debate. Mailing a one-time PIN like they did for the census takes you back to the vote-by-mail debate.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Background Pony #0106  
So you don’t deny it. Regardless, anyone who says we need to ban all airplanes, eliminate 99% of cars, and ban nuclear energy of all things, one of the only large, clean energy sources out there, is a moron.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Background Human

Just have the poll workers stand at the station and have it work the exact same way it does in normal lines. Just less human contact.

How does Betty Bumblefuck the poll worker volunteering after her shift at Wonder Drug verify identity already? Just do that but stick her ass in a tent.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
…that could work.

You could even do it in the states that use Scantrons. Not as safe, because you’re still handling paper ballots, but no worse than existing drive-thrus for food and such.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
If you live in the 1920s sure. There’s way stronger and cleaner alternatives than coal, not to mention that industry has been plummeting since Bush Jr and the Trump has no interest salvaging except for giving his CEO buddies golden parachutes
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@MagpulPony  
I would say Solar is still the best source of energy but it would take a long time for a nation to go all in on Solar and it would take a long time to process the energy of the Sun too.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It actually costs more to run coal plants than it does to run equvilant solar and wind farms.

Only natural gas is cheaper, and not by that much.

When stripped of cost subsidizes, renewable actually becomes significantly cheaper than coal and oil.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide