Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

And me and everyone who knows about the Dyson dilemma calls shenanigans on that. I’d honestly believe time-travellers are more believable than ponsy little ships being able to bridge the immense distances between stars…which we can still see in the visible sprectrum and not in infrared as would be implied by the existence of aliens.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

That’s far more plausible than aliens or time-travellers, since we know that the US government has been working advanced and/or hypersonic aircraft for decades. I’m more willing to accept the implications of one branch of the military accidentally stumbling upon a skunkworks test than the absolutely horrifying implications of our foundational understanding of how the universe works being wrong…and I’m not referring to the idea that the universe is in a false vacuum state either.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

My moneys on them lying. As to the possibility of a supposed “off-world aircraft” being shot down, think about it this way: disregard all my criticisms of the F-35 and let’s assume is works to specification. What is the probability of a plane from the Great War shooting it down? Could a plane less than a generation removed from the Wright brothers shoot down the most advanced aircraft in the USAF?

If your answer is like mine, and is highly improbable, that’s your answer. I don’t think that anything from some alien visitors, assuming they actually are visiting, has ever been shot down. Even without physics-violating technology, anyone able to come here from another solar system is likely to be fielding vessels that are basically immune to modern weaponry.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Ebalosus  
Maybe, though not necessarily. Regardless of advancement, a machine is still a machine. Could a P-51 take on an F-35 at long range? Never. Though in an up close dog fight, it would only take 1 lucky shot from those 6 50 Cals on the Mustang to at the very least force the F-35 to land. There’s no reason to assume a vehicle purpose built for space travel or studying us has armor anymore than our own ultra advanced aircraft have armor.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@MagpulPony

It would actually, either through how far away said craft’s base is (i.e. the further away, the more shielding and/or point-defence needed to safely get here to study us), the general tech needed just to get here (if you can build a craft to get here, the defence mechanisms will be far more sophisticated than we can even imagine), or just the general common-sense that would come with the former two that should point out that visiting possibly hostile primitive aliens should mean taking precautions around them. Remember that they aren’t coming unprepared, as the presence of CFCs and methane in our atmosphere, not to mention radioactive particulates from nuclear testing, would give away the tech level of the aliens they’ll be observing, thus don’t really have any excuse for being vulnerable to said aliens primitive chemical-driven weapons.

I’m not saying it’s an impossible event for humans to have shot down an alien craft, but that it would be extremely improbable…on top of the extreme improbability of aliens visiting us…on top of the extreme improbability of aliens evolving near us without us noticing…on top of the 49 or so other factors in the Fermi paradox that states that advanced alien civilisations are improbable.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun to speculate, and Destroy all Humans! is one of my favourite games involving the subject of alien visitations. I just consider it extremely unlikely given the physical constraints and how young the universe is for such things to happen.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Flutter_Lover
Because if Trump is an idiot, Biden is that turned up to 11.

Pretty sure Biden never half-listened to how bleach kills germs and then rush to the podium to declare on live television ‘We must drink this!’

@Background Pony #273E  
Yeah.. might wanna check up on Biden’s unending gaffs then. Dude doesn’t know what room he’s in half the time. No thanks. [/bq]

Gaffes are the dealbreaker, eh? Well it’s a good thing Trump has never had any of those…more than a dozen times a day huh?

@Ereiam  
@CaptainXtra
This broad, who’s an open racist and a known QAnon supporter. Also, she only won the Republican nomination so far, she still has to run against Democratic candidate Kevin Van Ausdal in November first.

Yeah but A) she’s running in the ruby red state of Georgia, B) a democrat hasn’t had the seat since the mid-seventies, and C) she beat a neurosurgeon. A Qanon nutjob beat a doctor, let that tell you how far gone Georgia is.

@MagpulPony  
@igotnopicks
Indeed. And one of the reasons I don’t think he is mentally capable of being in the position of leading the most powerful nation on earth when some days he forgets he’s even running for President.

Trump can’t remember where his own father was born. No really you got it backwards, both these mentally failing dotards are godawful. But anything you can ascribe to Biden then Trump has in folds.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Dustcan  
Not from what I’ve seen. Biden talking about how he loves children rubbing his legs and then saying something about cockroaches? Uh, no thank you? Him sniffing women’s and little girls heads all the time like some creep, stuttering and fumbling all over himself and thinking people still use gramophones. I mean seriously. The guy is not right in the head at all. He is in no way fit to be President in my opinion. He appears to be in the early stages of Alzheimers.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@igotnopicks  
And Biden can’t remember what day he’s in. Neither are perfect, Biden just seems much worse. Maybe Biden wants more nurses to come and breathe into his nostrils to make him move, since apparently he really likes that. Whatever that is..
Latecomer

@silbasa  
On the cinematic scale, Wonder Woman and Black Panther. On TV, Steven Universe. And that’s just off the top of my head.

In other news, Trump has apparently helped arrange a new treaty between Israel and the UAE, which has also stalled Israeli expansion in the West Bank. Should I actually be impressed for once, or is there more to it than that?
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
But those were not sjw. They were good movies that just had nonwhite mainchars. What about Starwars, Star Trek, Terminator, Charlies Angels, Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey?
Latecomer

@silbasa  
If you’re only going to apply the label to stuff that fails, then off course it will look like a recipe for failure.

New Star Trek and Star Wars things are always highly controversial (I say as a longtime fan of both who isn’t so into the new stuff for reasons 100% unrelated to SJW stuff). I don’t really know much about those others, but maybe they were just, like, bad films?
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Films flop all the time due to poor writing of all sorts, as well as other factors. It’s not down to “wokeness” in any general way. Just bad execution, or even just bad luck.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
“They want $3.5 billion for the mail-in votes. Universal mail-in ballots. They want $25 billion—billion—for the post office. Now they need that money in order to have post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” he said. “Those are just two items. But if you don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting. Because they’re not equipped to have it.”
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@Latecomer  
Sometimes I used to think that the failures of these “wOkE” films that Silbasa mentioned led to women getting revenge on men by MeTooing people like Kevin Tsujihara, Harvey Weinstein, Chris Savino, Woody Allen, Vic Mignogna, Louis CK, Matt Riddle, Justin Bieber, Joe Biden, John Lasetter, Andrew Kreisberg, etc. just so women can be respected again.

That is until I realized that one thing had nothing to do with the other.

I still wish gender wars would just never exist in the first place, it makes men and women look bad in both sides thanks to extremist feminists with their misandry and/or right-wingers with their “SJW” namecalling and their “get woke go broke” shit.
Latecomer

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Well, I’m glad that you overcame your mistaken ideas.

A world without gender wars is, ironically, what most people in them are fighting for - one where equality of the sexes is completely taken for granted, and this reflects the actual reality.

Anyone gonna weigh in on the Israel/UAE thing?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide