Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #8403
This isn’t a reply to anything I just said. So ok.
Yes it is, not that I expect you to figure it out.

Wow, they contributed?
More than the landowners who profited from their subjugation. They sure as fuck didn’t really build the country.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Background Pony #8403  
It really isn’t, my guy. Its literally the thing I was replying to.

As for the landowners thing, it was never argued that slavemasters built the country. Christ.

But yeah, its a fantasy. They contributed single digits of GDP/GNI and the country grew much richer after they were gone anyway. The wealth they created was destroyed in the civil war and many slavemasters went broke, before it was quickly replaced. In other words, their contribution to the wealth of America today was nil. Culturally, the contribution is that I have to hear slavery being bitched about to this day. Cry about it.
Background Pony #8403
@Metro_Offset  
How much are you getting paid to miss explicitly stated points, and where do I sign up?

Fuck this, talking to you is an exhausting waste of everyone’s time. Go back to fetishizing whiteness.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Background Pony #8403  
Its not points. You have one point and its referring to slavery in agriculture. You’re the one missing mine.

I find that as insulting as MLK would find you telling him that he ‘fetishizing blackness’ insulting.

@Background Human  
If the War on Drugs was called off tomorrow, slavery would still be bitched about. Gotta get those reparations somehow. Plus we have to explain why the black community is dysfunctional.
Background Pony #8403
@Metro_Offset  
full  
(Alt text: the floor is/my explicitly stated point)  
Your points are nothing but dodging my one.

I’d be more insulted that you pretend that’s not a false equivalence.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Metro_Offset  
As long as white people will be “good boys” and continue giving black people perks everytime they screech “muh slavery”, then yes, even your great-grandchildren will hear about “muh slavery”.  
Seriously, stop being “nice” and people who abuse your niceness will also stop their behaviour.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump team stuck in a box with Harris as Biden’s VP.

They’ve been trying hard to paint Biden as pro-antifa (he’s not), or supportive of defunding the police (he’s not), or such. Harris’ pick means such attacks will fall extra flat to anyone who reads more into a person’s record past the slogans. And to the ones that don’t will just as likely see her pick as promoting equality as much as those who see it as an attack on whites.

Basically Harris’ status as a minority who supports minority-hating “tough on crime” measures let’s Biden have his cake and eat it too when it comes to flanking many of the Republicans’ race issue talking points.
Armagedonus

supportive of defunding the police (he’s not)

Isn’t defunding what democrat voters want?  
And to the ones that don’t will just as likely see her pick as promoting equality as much as those who see it as an attack on whites.

How it is “promoting equality” when you choose people based on their race?  
Basically Harris’ status as a minority who supports minority-hating “tough on crime” measures let’s Biden have his cake and eat it too when it comes to flanking many of the Republicans’ race issue talking points.

Won’t this be confusing for people?  
On one hand Biden is one of the responsible for “police crimes”, yet he choosen VP based on her non-white race?
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Isn’t defunding what democrat voters want?

Last I saw it polls pretty low even amongst them. Something like in the 30-40% range?

Which is great news for Biden!

How it is “promoting equality” when you choose people based on their race?

Because representation. It is based off cynical reasons, yes, but the first step for minorities to become equal and have be represented in power is, you know, to treat them as more equal and they achieve positions of power. So this is a good move.

Won’t this be confusing for people?
On one hand Biden is one of the responsible for “police crimes”, yet he choosen VP based on her non-white race?

Not really. The narrative can easily be seen as ‘he’s pro-equality’ he’s not while at the same time making a statement about how he’s also ‘pro-police’ he is. Hence the whole ‘have cake/eat it too’.
Armagedonus

Last I saw it polls pretty low even amongst them. Something like in the 30-40% range?

How the fuck “1/3 democrats wanna defund the police” is ‘pretty low’?  
(unless I understood you wrongly)  
Because representation.

“Representation” is inherently racist.  
(especially in consumer media)  
It is based off cynical reasons, yes, but it’s hard to argue that minorities aren’t becoming more equal and gaining power if you, you know, treat them as more equal and they achieve positions of power.

At least you are honest with “cynism”.  
But yeah, the “equality” here will be acheived if person is chosen for said persons skills, not a race.  
However this seems to not be the case here - Harris appears to be chosen because of her skin colour.  
That is racist and no matter how would spin this into “positive racism”.  
The narrative can easily be seen as ‘he’s pro-equality’ he’s not while at the same time making a statement about how he’s also ‘pro-police’ he is. Hence the whole ‘have cake/eat it too’.

In other words typical political cynism.  
It’s like they are so afraid of Trump they resort to “race card” as a smokescreen to hide their own issues.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
In other words typical political cynism.
It’s like they are so afraid of Trump they resort to “race card” as a smokescreen to hide their own issues.

They are. Before Trump they pushed a black man then a woman for president. Then they lost to Trump so they buried a jewish candidate so they could over-correct back to WASP candidates.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Armagedonus  
She handed Biden his ass during the debates, and had 15 percent voter support while the field still had TWENTY PEOPLE running for nomination, and has the Senator from California (a state with a fuckload of votes) since 2017.

But for you this is all about her race, and only about her race.

You couldn’t possibly be more transparent.
Armagedonus

@Dustcan  
Jewish candidate?  
You mean Bernie?  
Isn’t he the most likely to win against Drumpf?  
Yet dems ignore him over two people who are partially responsible for police bullshit and consequently BLM riots XD

I feel seriously bad for berniebros.

@Derpy Whooves  
It is the dems that are transparent here XD
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Armagedonus  
All you see is her race, and that’s what you’re trying to make this discussion about - you’re fucking race baiting.

If you have something to say about the Dem VP choice besides yet more bitching about what race she is then do it.

If all you’re going to contribute to this is yet more bitching about her ‘skin colour’ then go be an asshole online somewhere else. XD
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I was one of those polled and I answered ‘no’ on whether I would support defunding the police.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide