Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@MethidMan  
“You want those babies to be born, you better fuckin’ support the idea of having certain programs and safety nets to care for them when they’re born.”  
Yep. I do. Please don’t put words in my mouth. I’m a supporter of a ‘cradle to grave’ state. You’re basically advocating for “mercy-killing”. And what is worse, you’re only killing the symptom, not the root cause. Ultimately if you’re afraid of birthrates and you really shouldn’t be as American women are having less children than ever in America’s history, there are better ways to go about it than murdering children.

@Dustcan  
That’s great. But as you should know, the matter is far from settled.

@NitroFury  
I care about the life of doctors. But someone trying to moral grandstand me when they support killing millions of babies is always amazing to me.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
full

Abortion rates are actually highest among non-whites, who skew overwhelmingly liberal. Blacks have them at almost triple the rate at whites. The only way you can win this one is by saying white liberals have less abortions than everyone else.

Edit: Checking your article it literally says that red states have lower abortion rates. Great job on checking your own article.  
full
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

you’re afraid of birthrates and you really shouldn’t be as American women are having less children than ever in America’s history, there are better ways to go about it than murdering children.
So your go-to solution to resolving a declining American birth rate is not to address the the housing crisis, rising costs of living while wages stay stagnant and disparate school funding across states but to deny women their bodily autonomy. Got it.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
There’s so many things wrong with this response. The first is that it assumes you can only back one policy at a time. You can of course be in favour of multiple things at the same time.

The second is assuming I want to stop abortions to increase birthrates. I only care about the white birthrate because we are declining, stopping abortion primarily means more black children. I think we can manage things without killing babies. Which is my chief problem, that its destroying life.

The third is the autonomy argument. That child doesn’t belong to her to do what she wishes because its inside her. No one would ever make this same argument with a surrogate.
Background Pony #8BE8
When you really think about it, abortion is more like an act of mercy rather than murder.

With all this far-left zoomer bullshittery going on around us for the past 3-5 years (and especially these 2 months), I’d agree, but otherwise, no.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
  1. Policies cannot be contradictory to one another. You can’t just put up one policy with hopes of the other changing for it. The new policy must be made with the other policies in mind.

2. I’m sorry but when is abortion increasing birthrate? That’s like saying throwing money into the ocean will make you rich. It does the exact opposite. Also, you’re currently arguing one what constitutes as a baby. That’s an opinion that differs person to person. Like, I don’t see a fetus as a baby.

3. You are under the belief that the unborn’s life is worth more than the mother’s. I disagree with that. The mother should not be forced to accept responsibility of a living being she doesn’t want. And if she were to be forced to give birth anyway, she should be monetarily compensated for it. But that money doesn’t grow on trees and I know damn well the hospital, government and people won’t be paying for shit unless held at gunpoint.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
With all this far-right boomer bullshittery going on around us for the past 3-5 years (and especially these 2 months), I’d agree
@CaptainXtra
THAT’S BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY IS!! 8O Historians have even confirmed that to be true!

What historians? Source (and also indoor voice), please.

@Background Pony #8BE8  
@vit
You know, I’d expect such talk from an unsightly, potential communist sympathizer.

Lamest ad hominem ever. If you’ve come here to shitpost, at least group your replies.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Scrabbleman  
The mother shouldn’t be forced to accept responsibility for a living being she doesn’t want. Don’t want responsibility for a living thing? Murder it. Quick and easy. Or you know, just keep your legs shut or use protection.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@MagpulPony  
That’s pretty much the benefit of abortion. Also, what of women who were victims of sexual assault? It’s kinda fucked up and unnecessarily cruel to force her to carry and care for the product of an incredibly traumatic event. That’s like a human rights violation.

Honestly, let’s also support consensual suicide. I mean, a country in Europe has it and it works.
MagpulPony
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@Scrabbleman  
I actually agree there, regarding the rape victim part, as that was never intentional on the womans part and can cause psychological trauma. Unfortunately rape victims make up hardly any of the cases of abortion.
Background Pony #8BE8
  1. You are under the belief that the unborn’s life is worth more than the mother’s. I disagree with that. The mother should not be forced to accept responsibility of a living being she doesn’t want. And if she were to be forced to give birth anyway, she should be monetarily compensated for it. But that money doesn’t grow on trees and I know damn well the hospital, government and people won’t be paying for shit unless held at gunpoint.

Regarding what’s highlighted in bold, unless the fetus is not yet in a stage where is receptive to pain in any way, then its existence matters just as much as the woman’s decision.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

The best thing first before any abortion would be better sexual education. Make kids understand how it all work and thereby reduce abortions that way.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@MagpulPony  
Yeah, I know. Sorry if I sound aggressive. People like to talk about how abortion is bad and yet, never knew what it was like when abortion was illegal.

There was a time, many years ago, that you’d find a dead baby every three days. In the dumpster, under some sideroad trash, buried in a farm and even literally dropped from a building in a plastic bag. I grew up with this shit in the newspapers. I know damn well what anti-abortion does to people.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
It’s been a whole year since that fucking day.

The day when my peaceful, safe, and boring city suffered a horrid massacre.

Not from “criminals and rapists” across the border but from a “fellow” Countryman in the same state.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.

I myself support abortion in 2 cases:  
1.When life of mother is endangered.  
2.When fetus is “damaged” and its birth would mean a birth of an invalid (also known as “eugenical abortion”)  
In the past I also believed that “post-rape abortion” should be a thing. But then European feminists (espescially northern ones) turned word “rape” into a political tool, so now I am iffy towards it.

Seriously, I never understood why people want SO MUCH for an abortion to be “widespread”. Outside of out of control “circumstances”(like genetics), widespread abortion would only benefit women who don’t want to take responsibility for their own actions.  
Like seriously, everytime there was “anti-responsibility” solutions like condoms or hormonal pills, the people reacted to these by being more promiscuous.  
Giving people ANOTHER anti-responsibility solution and expecting people to NOT abuse it, is as foolish as removing “anti-murder” laws and expecting people to NOT murder themselves. XD
Background Pony #8BE8
@Armagedonus  
This is the most sensible comment I’ve read regarding abortion so far. If only the other commenters had nearly as much brain cells that you actually have.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide