Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

The new bill is another insidious attempt to roll back American society to a new dark age. That said… I’m not really a fan of special treatment for rape babies.
Armagedonus
Duck - Thinks minorities should make their OWN ponds if they want to swim.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Dustcan  
What’s up with americans and incest?  
Like why they write “incest victims” instead of “rape victims”?  
Is this the case of “surprise incest”, where both people didn’t know they were related untill too late?
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

If a foetus is a person, why don’t people have to include them on the census? Or why don’t people consider themselves mothers or fathers until the baby is born? If a foetus is still a person, wouldn’t birth be irrelevant because you’ve created a person whether they’re born or not? If the foetus is a person and the person who’s pregnant with it is in a car full of other people so there’s no seatbelt for the foetus, wouldn’t that be illegal because you can only transport someone in a vehicle if there’s a seatbelt for them?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Fun fact, a direct stimulus to pregnant mothers for covid was denied by conservatives on the basis that it was only one individual.

So, a fetus is a person up until a conservative has to help pay for it.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@NitroFury  
For someone who was very keen to insult conservatives by saying we want babies to live so they can become soldiers to be killed, you are very offended when I redirected things back at you. Eleven clinic staff have been killed since abortion became a thing. Hundreds of thousands of babies die yearly.

Why is the baby exclusively the Woman’s body? Just because it’s growing inside her, what makes it “hers” specifically.

• It’s objectively half of her cells and half of the male’s cells. So why is it only hers?

• What if you implant a different person’s eggs into a woman? Who’s baby is it, and who has the right to abort? Do you have the right to abort someone else’s child just because it grows in you?

• At some point in the future, the fetus turns into an entity that owns itself. Why do we get to set an arbitrary date of ownership on an entity? Why would mothers get the sole exclusive ownership over something that she will eventually not own?
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Metro_Offset  
You want those babies to be born, you better fuckin’ support the idea of having certain programs and safety nets to care for them when they’re born.

…But you don’t. And that’s the problem.

And no, just putting them up for adoption isn’t always gonna be an option; of the ones who get put up for adoption even with abortion, only some of them end up in loving families. The rest just end up in orphanages. Just imagine if abortion was outlawed and every single unwanted pregnancy was put up for adoption after birth… There’d just be too many unwanted children living a life of suffering in this sick, cruel world. Orphanages already suck in this timeline; I do not want to imagine how much worse they’d be in an anti-abortion timeline where they’d be overwhelmed.

When you really think about it, abortion is more like an act of mercy rather than murder.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Metro_Offset

AFAIK only like 7 states don’t have any limits on abortion. Everywhere else it’s illegal to do it once the fetus has become able to live outside the womb; ie it is definitely a viable and - for lack of a better term - “independent” life.

So yes that matter is already settled.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Metro_Offset  
It doesn’t excuse anything, cause you care only about the baby instead of the life of doctors. The only reason you’re trying to deflect this back to me because you’re too afraid to realize that yourself or attempt to twist my words to yourself feel better. You want to support that cause, then go do that instead having these time-wasting arguing with me.
Background Pony #DA33
What would a 75% unemployment rate look like?
@Wiimeiser
The highest unemployment rate during the Great Depression was 25%. 75% unemployment would mean the collapse of society.

………………………………..

I’m done.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide