Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Giving the China access to communications and technology infrastructure is an extremely bad idea. If there are security concerns it has to go, something new will replace it shortly anyways so teens can dance etc…
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

“In January 2019, an investigation by the American think tank Peterson Institute for International Economics described TikTok as a “Huawei-sized problem” that posed a national security threat to the West, noting the app’s popularity with Western users. They included armed forces personnel and its alleged ability to convey location, image and biometric data to its Chinese parent company, which is legally unable to refuse to share data with the Chinese government under the China Internet Security Law.”
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
China is what happens when the government has too much power. The US is what happens when the companies have too much power.

Ultimately, both end up being horrible with the US ending up with a profit-or-nothing attitude that challenges human rights, and China just directly challenging human rights instead of having a middleman.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Scrabbleman

And the boogaloo (or its left-wing equivalent) is what happens when you put the screws to the downtrodden too much and/or too often. The age of incrementalism is ending.
Background Pony #23A4
I don’t care about TikTok personally, but it has millions of users in the US old enough to vote, I wonder if the timing of this ban will piss off enough voters to have any effect on his chances of re-election
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Scrabbleman  
Not yet.

When corporations and companies actually run everything (basically there’s no government, just a bunch of MegaCorps running the country, or multiple countries) THEN we’d be living in a CyberPunk kinda deal.

I wonder what a hijabi living in cyberpunk would be like…
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@silbasa  
that’s because none of the other presidents were an experienced TV/Entertainment personality, on top of being an ex-fake guru (in fact, a lot of current fake gurus REALLY look up to the man). Shit thrown at him means keeping himself relevant.

I mean, when you have a president who has to regularly remind ppl what a genius he had been “Ppl are impressed that I know a lot of stuff” or “I’ve studied [windmill] better than anybody I know” or “my instincts are good” or that he’s “PERFECT,” you should EXPECT a lot of shit coming at him. I think he knows it, too. He expects it.

I’m also gonna miss El Presidente. He never failed to make headlines. USA you don’t know what you got right now. You had the GOAT running yer country.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@tehwatever  
Probably no difference. Or maybe more products that pander to your (and I guess mine too) demographic. Like adverts with a hijabi woman drinking Coca-Cola, or some McDonalds version of a kebab. Or maybe even some fashion show that has women wearing hijabs with the slogan “Less is More”.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@NitroFury  
I NUTTED.

@Scrabbleman  
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking about. Considering MegaCorp seeks profit, one MegaCorp is probably going to try exploit the muslim market by doing some weird pandering moves or trying to steer muslims into adopting new lifestyles (that spends more money) without getting rid of their muslim identity.

On the other hand, muslims who AREN’T buying anything and aren’t submitting to corporation are being oppressed and thrown out into the wasteland, they’re gonna have private military harrassing them or killing them outright.

Meaning: hijabis can wear the hijab as long as they keep buying products and not going to the competition.

Hm…How does one pitch ideas to writers…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide