Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Background Pony #5431  
Nope, I just underline a point that it always existed, and not only in America, in fact America is far from being monsters on that aspect of things.  
apart maybe the missile that makes raining razorblades, that’s kind of disgusting.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Fuck Russia
@Ereiam  
It’s unfortunate that it happens, and I do feel sorry for the kids that innocent in this, though I’m not sure what exactly the solution on our side is as the USA. They’re detention centers. So other than better accommodations, the solution would be the parents not putting their kids in that situation in the first place. At least in my opinion.
Background Pony #888B
@Latecomer  
And she’s a fictional character so…

@Patachu

Someone did a crime so thay are no longer human, therefore its okay to do anything to them. Got it.

Good thing too, since illegal border crossing isn’t even a felonious offense. Could you imagine if we were doing these things to humans who’s only crime was a misdemeanor?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

you cross any border illegally
Sure, but if you an asylum seeker, you must FIRST cross the border to be able to CLAIM asylum. You THEN put them in the holding cell, so they can be processed, before most likely sent back. You don’t shoot them, what the hell! Even border patrols know better not to shoot people at the border! The USA is not Brazil or Israel or Indonesia!

Also please tell me you didn’t just compare the USA, who have agreed to uphold refugee laws, with lawless Libya.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@MagpulPony  
Obama made me very suspicious with drones. He had a habit of whacking innocent civvies with bombs and then going : “Oh, uhm…he was probably a terrorist anyway.”  
Imagine I got hit by a stray bullet, died and you then sprinkled drugs on my nose and lips and said “yep, he was a violent junky that was also a wanted man, yeeeap, we totally meant to shoot this guy too”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@MagpulPony
Obama made me very suspicious with drones. He had a habit of whacking innocent civvies with bombs and then going : “Oh, uhm…he was probably a terrorist anyway.”

I forget if it was the Trump or Obama administration (I’m leaning towards Obama) that drafted a legislation that was basically that. Any casualty over the age of 13 or so could be declared a terrorist operative after the fact.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer

@tehwatever  
The weapon is extraordinarily precise. Capable of easily targeting something as small as the passenger seat of a moving vehicle. So compared to most weapons, the Ginsu is your best bet at not killing someone innocent by mistake. full
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@tehwatever  
that’s exactly where i point out the difference. Inb Lybia you get shot for entering illegally, it happened last year, a friend rented a peugeot, visited places like Tataouine and all, continued in the desert, then got lost. And then lybians. They start firing so they run, no one died that day.

And you complain because shit for brain parents brought their kids in a situation is still better than getting shot, they are taken back to their country, which is normal. Mexico isn’t a country at war.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Patachu  
I’m complaining about treating them like criminals before being proven to be one.The holding cells are for separating actual refugees from ppl tryna make a quick buck by entering the USA. Point is, once a guy claimed asylum, treat them like one while processing the paper. USA is best country in world. It gotta set the bar higher than “be thankful we didn’t just shoot you on sight, cabroncito.”

I’m totally okay with USA sending ppl back if they didn’t qualify for refugee status, if said refugee turned out to be a fake opportunist.

@MagpulPony  
That’s nice. It’s a sniper, then. But I’m still dodgy about your wording “someone innocent.” I’d rather you use “someone who isn’t the target.” You don’t get to decide if someone is innocent. The targeting system does not run on innocent or not. It sees a target.

If the prez decides to whack me right now, on a whim, and I died, will I be innocent or would I not be innocent? I am the target, that much is clear, but my innocence isn’t up to the fact that I was whacked by said missile.

Still, it’s progress. One day there should be a missile with an AI that refuses to hit a target if it knows the target is innocent.

edit: ninja’d by Background Human, and he even got a link, too.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@tehwatever  
To many come. Cant take them all in EU or US. Theres not enough jobs or welfare. It has to stop. Their own countries is where all aid should be focused. Get them up and running.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
If all Trump was doing was cracking down on illegal immigration I wouldn’t be as perturbed.

The problem is he’s thrown immense roadblocks up for legal immigration. And it’s hurting businesses and research as hard as its hurting the individuals.

The cracking down on the HB visas, for example, has been shown to lead to job and investment losses, hurt US innovation, and discourage corporate growth. The changes to non-immigrant enrollment in US schools also hurts US innovation, saps money from our institutions, and reduces the overall quality of affected programs. Changes to the sanctuary and asylum rules demonstrably harms at risk individuals. And the changes to marriage based Visas put thousands of peoples futures at risk and puts enormous pressures on the children of such couples.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Patachu  
yes but some of them are not criminals.

Improper Entry is a crime. That means: not entering through designated areas, falsifying claims, and eluding examinations and dodging border patrols. Climbing fence is criminal.

Seeking Asylum is NOT a crime. Entering the border as an asylum seeker without paper, with a border patrol present to process them, does not make them a criminal. If anything, one should already be on US soil to seek asylum, and must file application within a year of arriving in the USA.

IF an asylum seeker was caught doing a criminal act THEN they’re a criminal, and they’re dealt with as the law would.

@silbasa I agree. I absolutely agree that it’s better for everyone if their home countries are built to be a safe place for them, so they wouldn’t have to crash on somebody’s couch. But that’s another issue; I was arguing about the treatment of asylum seekers at the border, not about their numbers nor the crisis they face at home.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@tehwatever  
The numbers that come are the problem. And theres no way to document many of them so they become stuck in the system. This just keeps piling up. If I go out on a limb and guess thats why they get curt treatment. A message is beeing sent.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide