Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Latecomer

Yeah right. Pull the other one…and I’m saying that as someone sympathetic to the protesters.

@silbasa

Are you high!? Everyone is agro these days. Neither Ferguson nor Trayvon Martin led to month-long protests or autonomous zones, despite being of the same level of outrage over what happened. For an awful lot of people, incremental change or “”“reforms””” are no longer possible. I’m just surprised that this stuff is happening so soon, as I thought we were still a decade or two away from what’s happening now.
Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
Both sides could mean it, and the chances of a shootout are still high.

@silbasa  
Used to be? The right are still crazy - that’s what drove the left mad, trying to deal with them like rational people for so long!
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

The best way to make Republicans support gun laws is to have a bunch of POC wave their firearms and make a protest bigger than any Black Panther engagement ever.

Just see the Mulford Act.
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ebalosus  
As long as Obama was around, there was a faint glimmer of hope—unwarranted, perhaps, but there all the same—that political solutions could be found to America’s problems.

And then…
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Latecomer  
I’d like to hope that things will calm the fuck down, but I can’t honestly say I believe it. The polarization and radicalization in this country, primarily on the right but also to a worrying extent on the left, would be difficult for any politician to stop at this point.

Even Lincoln couldn’t prevent the Civil War.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Violet Rose in The Rain

You mean like what happened at Stone Mountain (or Seattle) today?

@Background Human

That’s true in terms of appearance but as the fine folks on Chapo Trap House rightly point out: real action is needed, not West Wing style ‘consensus building,’ rules lawyering the republicans, or gotchas. I’m sure Obama meant well, but Trump happened precisely because of what happened under him and Bush before him.

There’s a great post from 8chan’s /leftypol/ (RIP) that uses ‘Arry Pot er to explain why that mindset is no longer viable:

full
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ebalosus  
Appearances matter in politics. As long as people think all that West Wing shit works, they’re not gonna “hoist the black flag and start slitting throats” (to quote Mencken). Disabusing liberals of that hope is one of the best things Orange Man and Turtleface could have done for the left.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Latecomer  
god, this last year is starting with riots in the streets, imagine what’ll happen if trump wins again. fucking going to be open french style revolution…not that i’m opposed to seeing that man’s neck in a gelatin.
Background Pony #1F81
Kanye West has announced that he’s running for president.

For real this time.
Princess Applejack

If those armed protesters marching towards the biggest confederate monument mean anything. We might seeing more gun reform laws coming. The Black Panthers caused Reagan to pass gun reform bills through California perhaps other states will follow, unveiling the sad but obvious reality that the 2nd Amendment that the right hold so dear only apply to Whites. Since Reagan someone who is notorious for dog whistling was quick to pass gun reformed laws when he felt threatened, showing how much of a hypocritical he was.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide