Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@silbasa  
I think this has grown into just more than George.

This is now about the rage Americans have been suppressing for about a decade relating to how our society is fucked inside and out being let out in full force.

This is possibly America’s very own “Yellow Vest” movement.
Background Pony #FE3C
@CaptainXtra  
I believe that major institutions have fed into perceived resentments, encouraged them and directed them as desired. These sorts of riots happen surprisingly often and they’re rarely seriously punished while everyone moans “but their hearts are in the right place!” This video covers it pretty well: https://youtu.be/RzZnmrHJspY
silbasa
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@CaptainXtra  
It was like this in 2014 to. And in 1992. And so on. Why not have a dialogue meeting lol. And I have to say that the afro american eternal victimhood culture is starting to wear out. Get a grip people.
Background Pony #6300
I think this has grown into just more than George.
Honestly, it was always about a bit more than just George. I mean, when you have a situation where people of a certain skin color are at a constant greater risk for being harmed by the people who are supposed to be protecting them, and every couple of months (it seems) another African American dies in police custody, or is killed after doing something ridiculously trivial like littering, or is shot to death while actively obeying the police, it’s hard for that not to stir up some entirely justified fear and resentment and, frankly, exhaustion over the whole situation. And this latest example coming on top of a time when that same group of people, already in a lower income and health bracket, have seen a disproportionately larger loss of life in their community due to an ongoing global pandemic (one that that was entirely mismanaged by a guy who absolutely has demonstrated minimal concern over minorities) and suffered additional hardships over the loss of jobs and income… the one event ends up bringing into focus a whole host of frustrations and grievances that might otherwise have been easier to manage.

@CaptainXtra  
This is now about the rage Americans have been suppressing for about a decade relating to how our society is fucked inside and out being let out in full force.
Well… there might be some other factors at work here too.  
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials sought to determine Sunday whether extremist groups had infiltrated police brutality protests across the country and deliberately tipped largely peaceful demonstrations toward violence — and if foreign adversaries were behind a burgeoning disinformation campaign on social media.
As demonstrations spread from Minneapolis to the White House, New York City and overseas, federal law enforcement officials insisted far-left groups were stoking violence. Meanwhile, experts who track extremist groups also reported seeing evidence of the far-right at work.
Investigators were also tracking online interference and looking into whether foreign agents were behind the effort. Officials have seen a surge of social media accounts with fewer than 200 followers created in the last month, a textbook sign of a disinformation effort.
President Donald Trump, Attorney General William Bar and others have said the left-wing extremist group antifa is to blame.
Others have seen evidence of right-wing extremists. J.J. MacNab, a fellow at George Washington University’s Program on Extremism, has been monitoring chatter about the protests among anti-government extremists on social media platforms. She has access to dozens of private Facebook groups for followers of the loosely organized “Boogaloo” movement, which uses an ’80s movie sequel as a code word for a second civil war.
She also has been poring over images from the weekend protests and spotted some “boogaloo bois” in the crowds, carrying high-powered rifles and wearing tactical gear.
“They want to co-opt them in order to start their war. They see themselves as being on the side of protesters and that the protesters themselves are useful in causing anarchy,” MacNab said.
She also sees signs that the Three Percenters militia movement appears to be taking an interest.
Megan Squire, an Elon University computer science professor who tracks online extremism, saw images of at least four members of the far-right Proud Boys group on the periphery of a protest Saturday night in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The Trump administration has largely remained silent on local reports that far-right protesters were also involved. Meanwhile, Democratic mayors said Trump’s handling of the crisis was reminiscent of one of the darkest moments of his presidency — when he said there were “good people on both sides” of protests in 2017 over white supremacists demonstrating in Charlottesville, Virginia.
So there is probably more going on here than there appears to be.

@silbasa  
@CaptainXtra
It was like this in 2014 to. And in 1992. And so on. Why not have a dialogue meeting lol. And I have to say that the afro american eternal victimhood culture is starting to wear out. Get a grip people.
I realize this point is going to fall on deaf ears, but if African Americans have anything resembling an “eternal victimhood”, it’s only because they by and large are still victims. And are in ways that are statistically verifiable.
Background Pony #0106
@silbasa  
Only stupid racist people think this has any salience.

@silbasa  
People freaked the fuck out when Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the playing of the national anthem as a form of protest. Peaceful attempts to air the grievances of black community are frequently met with whinging from those who benefit from the status quo, so that “why not have a dialogue meeting” is more than a little patronizing, especailly with that lol right there. As #6300 said, don’t expect “eternal victimhood culture” to go away as long as blacks societally remain victims.
Background Pony #FE3C
And are in ways that are statistically verifiable.

They can be statistically debunked as well.

For example, no, blacks are not especially victimized by police. A lot of people of all races die from police brutality. I posted examples of white people being unlawfully killed by police:  
@Background Pony #FE3C  
@Background Pony #FE3C
And for those who doubt me, look up Daniel Shaver, Tony Timpa, Justine Diamond (killed in Minneapolis), and Brandon James Williams.
Here’s what happened in the latter case (WARNING, GRAPHIC): https://www.ocolly.com/stillwater-bail-agent-chasity-dawn-carey-fatally-shoots-client/video_e00a5ebe-26e2-11e8-97c0-17fab7388ed8.html
Very little media coverage, no protests, no riots. Police brutality is something that can affect us all yet the media always stirs this as a racial issue. One could argue that media corporations are criminally liable for inciting these riots.

already in a lower income and health bracket, have seen a disproportionately larger loss of life in their community due to an ongoing global pandemic

I think you already answered why that is. Saying that being poor or unhealthy is a “black thing” is very racist and gets a yikes from me.

(one that that was entirely mismanaged by a guy who absolutely has demonstrated minimal concern over minorities) and suffered additional hardships over the loss of jobs and income

What part of “lowest black unemployment ever” don’t you understand? Also, if extending the lockdown hits the poor the hardest due to losing jobs then wouldn’t be wanting to reopen things be a better policy for them? How about the economic relief in the form of checks?

Also you are pushing a conspiracy theory. No one who has seen footage of the riots finds it reasonable to believe that the “far-right” is going to go into a ‘hood and egg people on to violence. The idea is so absurd it could be comedy: some skinhead with a swastika tattoo putting on blackface and saggy pants, then saying, “Ay mah n****, wanna break some windows?” Far-left activists, probably, fed agents, maybe, but pinning this on the right-wing is such a ridiculous narrative to justify one’s point of view. It’s a boogeyman mentality to pin every bad thing on one group you don’t like.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #6300  
And why is that? Why not clean up their act?

@Background Pony #0106  
A football star making millions of dollars making a protest against beeing a victim. Yes it falls on deaf ears. And you dont think the criminal record matters? Why do these characters that end up like this very often have criminal records? This is a pretty serious one at that. He did not want to be arrested because he knew he was going to do serious time and started to resist? Racism or people using racism as cover for crimes?
Background Pony #0106
@silbasa  
Kaepernick was protesting against the racism that continues to impact black lives. And no. It doesn’t matter in terms of whether or not Floyd’s death was wrongful. Only stupid people who want to paint him as a villain as much as possible think it does. He did not resist arrest, quit spewing that bullshit. If anyone needs their history looked into, it’s Chauvin, who more than once before got off scot free for injuring/killing a suspect in his custody.
Background Pony #FE3C
@silbasa  
I don’t know why you’re pushing this point without evidence. Whether George Floyd was a good person or not does not affect that his death is very clearly wrongful. The same applies to any victims of police brutality regardless of their race.
Background Pony #FE3C
@silbasa  
I wish you posted that video first. Yeah it does change the context even though I still think excessive force was used. This is why we have trials instead of summary punishment.
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #FE3C  
It is wrongful but many here seems to believe to police just cuffed him and sat on him. There was a chain of events leading up to that point. You need the full story not just what it says on Twitter. Know, learn and be wise. Dont fall for propaganda.
Background Pony #0106
@silbasa  
If this chain of events does not change the fact that the death was wrongful, and it most definitely doesn’t, what meaningful purpose is served even mentioning it in the first place?
silbasa
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #0106  
Its not always black and white. Theres a huge gray area. Would a non criminal reacted like this to beeing arrested? Why did he fight like a madman? What happened in the police vehicle that made them restrain him so hard? Why did he not go peacefully and clear his name?
Background Pony #0106
@silbasa  
The only reason he exited the car was because he was removed. There doesn’t seem to be any good reason to remove him before transporting him, and if he were really resisting, he’d make an active effort to exit on his own. He went limp for one reason or another, and no, going limp does not constitute resisting arrest. Do not push that brain-dead take.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide