Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

dissociativity
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Patachu  
Cultural marxism isn’t real, it’s just a neo nazi dog whistle for ‘degeneracy/thing I don’t like’ based on ‘cultural bolshevism’ that the actual nazis used in anti-semitic and anti-communist propaganda, maybe stay off /pol/ and it’s ilk for a bit and clear your head.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Zincy  
Here’s the actual executive order

I’ve worked with these kinds of things most of my professional life, and just glancing through it I gotta say this is the most convoluted and utterly insane pile of pouting, rambling, incoherent and pointless set of federal directives I’ve ever seen.

Even the parts that appear to be declarative aren’t actionable. It just directs people and departments to make lists, pass them back and forth to each other, and then be worried about them.

I can’t find any authority, or any deliverables.

Anyone find anything in here that directs anyone to do anything that results in any action or deliverable other than gathering data About what is being spent in ads, forwarding it to someone else, and them not doing anything with it?

Oh, or “consider taking action” on things or reporting shit that’s already been reported numerous times before. I can’t tell you how many times a federal directive told me I or my department should “consider taking action.” It pays well. If you can get a job where your only deliverable is “considering action”, take it. And stock up on alcohol, video games, and model kits. It’s a good gig.

For someone who hates regulation as much as Trump claims to, there’s a lot of whining in this document that there should be tons more regulation.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy

Trump spewing verbal diarrhea is just white noise at this point.

I’m just waiting to DVR my favorite Comedy Central programs. I can’t wait for the yucks gained from Hannity going on about ‘The underage Deep State’ or guffaw at how Greg Gutfield sees his fellow kids are all the time getting in mail boxes while he asks ‘How do you do’ and so on.

Huh? What do you mean Fox News isn’t a parody of hack propagandists?
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
HA!

The executive order ends with “This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.”

So, since Congress appropriates, and they haven’t appropriated a single minute of anyone’s time for this …

full

Shit this almost makes me wish I was still in the chain somewhere … anyone with half a brain could probably milk this for 6 months of paid overtime with zero deliverables because it would actually be illegal to work on it.
Background Pony #6180
@Derpy Whooves  
I think that’s the point. Nothing in this is an actual action that can easily be challenged in the courts, since what is being done amounts to “look into this shit”. The problem really is is that it amounts more to intimidation. It’s sort of a shot across the bow. Now whether Trump or Congress will actually do anything we will see. The only really good thing I suppose is that since Trump is for curtailing these protections you’ll see more people who otherwise would agree with that idea instead choosing to oppose it, and him. Let’s hope that’s enough.
Background Pony #6180
As a side note, the EO itself, as in what it is looking to do, isn’t that bad. In a truly objective reality it is basically saying that these big companies have a ton of control over our conversations, and we the government want to make sure the control they are using is being done in a more fair way, fair as in the companies are following their own rules, not some government mandated rule. Though still I think the point of this was more of a warning then anything.
Background Pony #9C44
votes where you vote don’t delay the inevitable the  
D. asleep will walk on you soros is only the tip  
supranational structures are good venefactors and their employees

you know the paid press is in all countries

with GoOd conveNtion

or wiping his face with stacks of money

take care you will need it
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
3 months and 100k deaths later and Trump is still dragging his feet on Coronavirus.

Twitter mildly fact checking just one of his tweets and he rushes out a big government EO less than 24 hours later.

Imagine if Trump cared about his constituents or his nation even the tiniest fraction as much as he cares about his twitter account.
deactivated53645e49b677bb90cfdc6c72622a96b6

100k people have died of coronavirus, and all Trump cares about are two of his tweets getting fact-checked?

At this point, he obviously wants to get voted out. If he didn’t, he would stop rage-tweeting and throwing fits any time a little thing doesn’t go his way.

And I won’t be surprised if he does get voted out when the election comes. I doubt anybody outside his base would take a spoiled, rotten, overgrown manchild like him seriously.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
2020 will forever be remembered as the time when Earth did the BIG OOF.

Everything about this year just seems to go wrong from the forces of nature taking it’s anger out on mankind, global health crisis, terrible political leadership, etc.
Background Pony #6300
I’ve worked with these kinds of things most of my professional life, and just glancing through it I gotta say this is the most convoluted and utterly insane pile of pouting, rambling, incoherent and pointless set of federal directives I’ve ever seen.
Even the parts that appear to be declarative aren’t actionable. It just directs people and departments to make lists, pass them back and forth to each other, and then be worried about them.
I can’t find any authority, or any deliverables.
Well to be honest, I’m not sure it’s even legal for it to have any sort of actionable ability. He’s issuing directives to the FTC and FCC (which I believe he isn’t actually allowed to do under current law) to update the rules regarding the liability enjoyed by social media platforms (which as I understand it, the FCC has no authority over) and pushing the AG to propose legislation (which is unlikely to go anywhere since the Democratic House isn’t likely going to side with Trump’s desire to play word police, and besides that the FCC can’t even do a rules update without getting input from Congress and the public) and padding the rest of this thing out with a meandering, long winded diatribe about how unfairly he thinks conservatives are being treated by a platform owned by a private business that in reality has every right to specify terms of use that prohibit the kind of factually incorrect statements Trump was finally called on. I mean it’s the ultimate irony that he starts by talking about the violation of free speech (which isn’t applicable since Twitter isn’t a government organization and is under no obligation to allow people to say whatever they want), when the very things he’s been threatening are actual violations of that amendment.

But then again, whether it actually does anything might not be the point. His base gets to see their “strong fearless president” taking action against a company they believe is censoring them because of their political views, and that’s all that matters. And I bet you, when the legal challenges pour in and the whole thing proves entirely ineffective at doing anything, they’ll just blame the liberal judges and democratic congressmen and rant about the evil world controlling George Soros again.

@Dustcan  
3 months and 100k deaths later and Trump is still dragging his feet on Coronavirus.
He did find time to retweet something about him being one of the greatest presidents in history though. Because what good is it to focus on having lost two Vietnam’s worth of people in a few month’s time when there is self aggrandizement to be done?

@Dustcan  
Imagine if Trump cared about his constituents or his nation even the tiniest fraction as much as he cares about his twitter account.
At this point I’d settle for him showing a fraction as much care as he did for Trump steaks.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Typhoon2000  
Have you seen what that executive order you feared so much amounted to in the end? Whatever his reaction now will be will probably turn out to be equally laughable at best. Stop living your life in fear and stop making mountains out of molehills.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide