Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Background Pony #3FC6  
We care more about sports and celebrities than we care about science. Shows what kind of species humanity is.

We run around like goddamn chickens with their heads cut off over a virus but we go to great lengths to know who fucked who in Hollywood Insider or which teams will make it to the Super Bowl/World Series/Stanley Cup/NBA Finals.
Background Pony #8526
@MethidMan  
I’d say it works a little different then that. It’s more a matter of we have a ton of people in the country, so sports teams cater to large groups of fans, make lots of money, and the players get a cut of that money. If you are really talented you get a larger cut. Most people are not on their edge of their seat for the next installment of a research journal, and really why would they?
Background Pony #8526
@Mikey  
The point was why people tend to be so interested in the goings on of a season of a sport and their team, they like to spend a Sunday watching them play for entertainment. Researchers and scientists tend to keep track of the published findings of their colleagues and those are published on a level that regular people, and even scientists of other disciplines, don’t follow.

I’m just saying it isn’t that people don’t care about science, just that the details don’t appeal to the majority of people who aren’t in that field.
Background Pony #8526
@Mikey  
The point was why people tend to be so interested in the goings on of a season of a sport and their team, they like to spend a Sunday watching them play for entertainment. Researchers and scientists tend to keep track of the published findings of their colleagues and those are published on a level that regular people, and even scientists of other disciplines, don’t follow.

I’m just saying it isn’t that people don’t care about science, just that the details don’t appeal to the majority of people who aren’t in that field.
Background Pony #DEDE
Imagine if people were as interested in science as they are in a sports team.

We’d probably have flying cars by now.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs

You know, at first I thought Trump’s insistence on hydrochlourine as a miracle drug was just him tripling down as always on the first comment he makes about a thing. Or just him trying desperately to provide a stopgap measure until an actual vaccine was made. Turns out the reason was simpler and dumber than that.
Background Pony #02F1
You know, at first I thought Trump’s insistence on hydrochlourine as a miracle drug was just him tripling down as always on the first comment he makes about a thing. Or just him trying desperately to provide a stopgap measure until an actual vaccine was made. Turns out the reason was simpler and dumber than that.
He’s a kleptocrat. Always has been. He will never not go for financial gain, no matter how many rules he has to break or lives he has to risk.

@The Smiling Pony  
I have no idea how likely it is anymore with that going on, but I honestly hope their “Trump-friendly” judge ends up losing anyway. It would be fitting.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@The Smiling Pony
I have no idea how likely it is anymore with that going on, but I honestly hope their “Trump-friendly” judge ends up losing anyway. It would be fitting.

Spread the word that the GOP is trying to get people killed to get their lifetime judge in the seat to take away your rights.

Make it clear that not a single word in the above sentence is a lie. Unfortunately today’s already halfway over, so any Wisconsin swing voters are unlikely to hear it before their vote is cast.
Background Pony #8526
@The Smiling Pony  
their ruling was not over the wisdom of having the election then, just that the district court can’t extend the voting deadline for absentee voters past the election day.
Background Pony #8526
@Dustcan  
neither of those are actual evidence that it is a cover story. That’s just an interpretation of events you’ve made and then applied to this situation.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
I live and vote in Wisconsin.

The polling place where I voted is the basement of a church. There were 3 elderly women checking people in and verifying their id - all sitting at the same 6’ folding table, none of them wearing gloves or masks. I gave them my drivers license, they passed it down the row of ledgers that have to be coordinated to prove there was no fraudulent votes and to prove that each of us is registered.

As I worked down the registration line, there were four other people standing at that 6’ table with me. All touching the same stuff, shoulder to shoulder, sometimes stepping around each other as our registration went faster, or had fewer questions.

Just like normal.

I was the only one wearing gloves. A couple of folks thought that was pretty funny.

At the end of the registration process, one of the poll workers coughed into her hand, then handed me my drivers license back with the same hand. Then she grabbed me a pen from a box and told that for safety this was my pen that no one else would use. She touched the voting audit ledger where I should sign. I thanked her, I signed, and kept the pen. She coughed into her hand again and again used the same hand to give me the slip of paper I was to take to the next station.

There were two people coordinating ballot assignments, standing at a table right at the end of the registration table. Each township and then each school district within the township (although some school districts extend into other townships) has it’s own ballot, with between 3 and 6 referendums and lots of local offices, and some people live in a different township than their school district. Plus the state is so gerrymandered now that two of my immediate neighbors are in different districts for one set of representation, but a different district for other kinds of representation. Like, I have to drive a half mile to get to the next person who is actually in my district. I live in one township, but my school district is in a different township, and I vote in a third with a fourth state legislative district, but a different federal level district. So getting the right ballot to the right person is non-trivial.

While I was there three people had to re-vote because they ended up with the wrong set of ballots. Lots of handling paperwork. Lots of ballots being handed to people, returned to the pile, given to someone else, etc.

I was handed three different ballots before I got the right one.

Then you get your pens for marking the ballot. These are special pens so they only have 10 of them and we have to reuse them. I was asked to take a pen from a coffee cup and use it to vote and then return it to a differnt cup when I was done so it could be sprayed with Lysol, so there was at least that nod to the coronavirus.

Then there’s a person who coordinates people get into the voting booths, often putting a comforting hand on the shoulder of people as they lead them to one of the three shoulder-to-shoulder curtained stalls for paper ballots, or to the person helping run the electronic voting machine.

There was also a member of the national guard unpacking the safety supplies that they had only just received - at 2 in the afternoon. They looked very much like the kits that hospitals give nurses at the beginning of their shifts - brown bags with the usual “CONTENTS: 1 (one) MASK 2 (two) LATEX GLOVE” etc. I bet those would have been good to have had earlier this morning.

All told, I counted 36 people in that one room in the church’s basement, which I’m guessing was no more than 25’ on a side. So there was no social distancing at all.

My voter number was in the hundreds, so a lot of people had already been through there, touching all the same stuff.

I and one poll worker were the only ones wearing gloves or masks.

The only thing being wiped between uses was the touch plate of the voting machine itself, with what appeared to be a KimWipe on its hundredth re-use, and the 10 ballot pens.

On the way out, one of my neighbors scolded me for “scaring people” by wearing rubber gloves.

The pen isn’t bad. It’s a PaperMate Write Bros. 1.0

full

I also got an “I Voted” sticker.

I hope that’s all I picked up while I was there.
Background Pony #02F1
The long history of the GOP’s war on voter rights? Or Kavanaugh’s own confirmation hearing where he screams about getting retribution towards the Democrats?
You forgot to include Trump’s recent comment that they rejected the voting extensions and conditions the Democrats proposed when making the stimulus bill because no Republican would ever win again.

@MethidMan  
@The Smiling Pony
Seriously, fuck this country. This country has already gone to hell and it pisses me off even more that people are trying to defend this shit.
All the more reason to stop them in November. Assuming Trump hasn’t just called the whole thing off and appointed himself king by then.

@Derpy Whooves  
I live and vote in Wisconsin.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Derpy Whooves  
Every judge who voted to refuse to implement safety procedures for the Wisconsin primary deserves to have their balls hacked off with a rusty axe.

As someone who’s actually survived the coronavirus, I feel I have a good reason to call the GOP as the fuckin’ murderers they are.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide