Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Prince Areo  
I’ll never drop my support for Bernie. He sticks to his guns and doesn’t change his stances just to appease to people who don’t care about him or the people who support Bernie.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Now tell me how Biden is any different than trump policy wise.

Humanity. Empathy. Humility. Leadership. Integrity.

Excuse me for a sec. I gotta go not laugh.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Mikey  
It helps that Bernie has actually been both fundraising for people affected by Covid-19 as well as creating legislation for it($2000 monthly+ paid sick time)
Princess Applejack

@Mikey  
Democrats are going to have a hard time winning back the Senate with Bernie Sanders at the helm. Its why Republicans and Trump were hyping up Bernie Sanders, they knew what his base did to the democrats in 2016 and wanted to cause the same kind of chaos by splintering the vote.

Why would a Narcissist and a party as polarized as the Republican party feel any kind of sympathy for someone who embodies most of their base’s fears? Its nothing more than a ploy a shoddy one at that.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Apple Thor  
The Dems issues are that they keep pushing status quo candidates, who are too safe or by the books. We NEED a radical progressive like Bernie if we want to truly fix the country’s issues. You aren’t going to get that with Biden, or a Democratic Senate, especially if Chuck Schumer takes Moscow Mitch’s place.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Apple Thor  
Because as The Smiling Pony said, no one votes for third parties. Every system in this country is fucked. We’re supposed to be a superpower, a first world, but at times I feel like we’re a third world. Biden is not going to change that.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Apple Thor  
To quote TSP:  
@The Smiling Pony  
@Patachu
>actually pretending a 3rd party candidate has a shred of a chance
Bernie as a dem candidate gets massive publicity for his platform. As an independent candidate, nobody would have ever covered him, or more importantly, his policies that are now becoming more palatable or even mainstream in the dem party.
Some people actually don’t make it all about themselves.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
Bernie Sanders is also an active member of the US Senate, so proposing bills to help with the current crisis is what he should (and almost certainly would) be doing even if he wasn’t also running for election.
Whereas Biden is not an active government employee in any capacity. He’s a civilian running for president. And while it probably wouldn’t be wrong of him to encourage supporting additional assistance to the American people, he’s not in any position to actually influence anything in regards to the government response.

Thing is, Biden’s campaign is basically a real life example of “Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing”. He’s the former VP and a former senator himself. He may not have any actual power now, but it’s clear by his lead in the race that his status holds a lot of influence. Imagine how much good he could do if he could be bothered to use that influence to help? Bernie’s out right now using his senatorial powers to actually help. Celebrities are using their status to spotlight the crisis. FFS, Trump is out there practically every day giving updates. He’s making it worse, but out of context he’s actually passing the low bar of using his position to address the pandemic.

As always, Biden’s too damn scared of his polls inevitably dropping anytime the public gets exposed to him. The jackass cares more about putting another feather in his cap with the presidency than he does with acknowledging that the president is supposed to protect his citizens.

@Vivace  
@Apple Thor
As if pro-Bernie areas didn’t have to deal with long polling lines, polls closing early, and other methods to suppress votes. OH, WAIT. THEY DID.

Now, I love me a good conspiracy theory as much more than the next guy. But is there any proof of this, focused specifically on Sanders and not just general incompetence as usual? Because one guy explained it rather succintly: Bernie is popular with the demographics that don’t vote.

As far as I can tell the only real “rigging” that happened was that after Biden’s surprising victory in South Carolina ALL DEMOCRATS EVERYWHERE crawled out the woodworks to prop him up. Every establishment candidate all jumped on each other’s shoulders and wore a big trenchcoat in order to overcome the previously though insurmountable juggernaut that was Bernie. Even Obama, who has been suspiciously quiet through most of Trump’s presidency, called up Buttigieg (who, mind you, was the second place candidate at the time) and coerced him to play ball.

As much as I would love to play the blame game…I think Occam’s Razor is the right one. Bernie was riding high taking a good 30%~ percent of the vote in a crowded field of 8 or so candidates. Unfortunately that Frankenstein-ian amalgamation that happened right before Super Tuesday meant that Bernie’s 30%~ of the vote couldn’t stand up to Biden-in-a-trenchcoat taking the other 70%~.

@Apple Thor  
@Mikey
And if I am right in my stubbornness? What if Biden beats Trump?

I’ll eat crow! I’ll spend all of now to November pointing out that Biden can’t beat Trump, especially when Trump takes the kid’s gloves off and really attack Biden, which Bernie - bless him - is too nice to do. And when Trump forces Biden’s skeletons out in the open? That’ll force the media to have to talk about them as well! News channels are try-harding the hell out of not talking about the Tara Reade story, but when Trump inevitably brings it up on live national television during their debates? OOPS!

But I digress. If Biden does beat Trump then I’ll admit I was wrong. And frankly if Biden does become the nominee then me having to admit my error is something I hope happens.

@Mikey  
@Prince Areo
I’ll never drop my support for Bernie. He sticks to his guns and doesn’t change his stances just to appease to people who don’t care about him or the people who support Bernie.

As I said before, until the day Bernie gives me a reason otherwise I’m a Bernie supporter for life. But as I said before I live in a swing state. I can’t afford the privilege of sitting out or a protest vote when the chance to remove Trump is on the line.

@Apple Thor  
@Mikey
But he did leech off the Republican party and then hijacked it

This is correct. Hell, Trump himself loves to bring it up when he’s feeling slighted that the RNC/Fox News/Rush/etc were all against him in the primaries. Then he won the nomination and they all fell in line for their Dear Leader.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Typhoon2000

Then start stockpiling guns and ammo in preparation for the boogaloo. There’s even achievements and sidequests with good rewards and perks for partaking in:

full

Anyway. I found out today than Steve Bannon was a guest on the ‘dirtbag left’ podcast Red Scare. This greatly upset a lot of woketerians and Biden supporters because “muh platforming!” What I don’t understand is are the people complaining about “giving a platform to hateful individuals” implying that they’ll be swayed by their ideas? I can power through Brenton Tarrant’s manifesto, and my opinion on the alt-right isn’t changed in the slightest.

From what I can gather, all that was learned from the interview is that Bannon might be an alt-right grifter…which is hardly surprising given the publication he founded.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide