Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@vit  
@SombrLiz
Yes there are the slacktivists, but those ones aren’t doing anything anyway, nothing good but nothing really bad either (as far as I’m aware in regards to the outbreak). My own concern is the cynical or deliberate lumping in the actual activists with the slacktivists. And also BothSides-ing.

Well if these actual Activists have gone after these Slacktivists, they wouldn’t be lumped together. Maybe I would be surprise if an actual Activists have the balls call out these Slacktivists. For now, it’s their problem, not mine.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
So how do you all feel about the US and Israel activating their “Doomsday Bunkers”?

I’m admittedly a bit concerned about what’s going on and all these conspiracy theories flying around, as baseless and insane as they may be, don’t help with my nervous nature.
Background Pony #DD22
We’re stuck with Trump because of the outdated electoral college where electoral votes wins you the election, instead of having person with the most votes win like a sane country.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Pony #799E  
You’d be surprised about how many countries don’t elect the winner based on the most votes.

For example in Europe, most systems have people vote for parliament members, and then parliament votes for who to be in government. As parliament members are voted on regionally, and the ratio of parliament members to a region to voters in a region is often way off, you have situations where it takes 20000 votes in one region to get a seat, and 35000 in another.

As you can imagine, that leads to some parties being overrepresented due to their success in less populated regions, and underpresented from more populated ones. It also means a party can have 0 seats in national parliament because they were always just a few votes shy of the minimum in every region while having a total of several hundred thousand nationwide, while a regional party can get multiple seats with a fraction of the total national votes.

Electoral systems are overall very shit in almost every country, and nobody wants to fix them because the only people that can are those in power and they’re in power thanks to the shitty system; the foresight to plan ahead and make the system better for the future never comes to them because, well, politicians are, by and large, fucking morons.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
That’s a good question.  
Is it better to die of an old age and live as a serf, a slave, in torment than dying younger fighting and be remembered that way in a theoretical WWIII. It’s a bit what I meant by fear versus rage to resist at the peril of our life, and if it works, you can die happily.

Never believe in afterlife, transhumanism resurrection and other religious claims, just consider like; you exist for a time given.  
Of course no one wants to die, but indeed we never choose how to die. So I’m seconding Eriam here, let’s live the best we can.

@The Smiling Pony  
Except those “less populated regions” also exist. When say, an overpopulated place with 10% of the population vote for their own interests, this is exactly why here, by example we end up with a president like Macron. This is why indeed most systems are biased and does not represent at all the integrality of the population, and we all end with unpopular presidents.  
It’s impossible to get everyone to agree with the elected guy, the best would be one that gets elected at about 80% or 90%. There we are closer to a popular consensus. No system is perfect, one could be a total dictatorship where the opposition is simply silenced and permanently kalashnikovified.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Rush Limbaugh is now saying health experts are part of the Deep State and saying they should not be listened to.

There has to be some kinda law or something against this.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Dustcan  
what have your health experts done? pulled the alarm in january asking the borders to be closed in time?  
let’s be realist, they did nothing, even if China didn’t share any life-saving info that was their job.

All the bullshit on validating a drug that can save lives also is the proof not everything is being done right.  
And you can criticize all you want but the progression isn’t dramatic as it is here in France.

There’s no miracle cure for it, chloroquine and other antibiotics have been dispatched in the US, here the ER are overwhelmed.

nah the real enemy here is those who knew the seriousness of the situation and didn’t say a word or took any action. or worse, lied.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
what have your health experts done?

Identified the disease as something new and not the flu, learned what its symptoms and transmission vectors are, figured out how long it can survive in open air as well as how different surfaces affect its longevity, and currently developing a vaccine.

There’s no miracle cure for it, chloroquine and other antibiotics have been dispatched in the US, here the ER are overwhelmed.

You mean drugs created by health experts? After health experts identified which ones would help against Covid-19?

nah the real enemy here is those who knew the seriousness of the situation and didn’t say a word or took any action. or worse, lied.

Yes. Trump, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, etc, a bunch of aging anti-science reprobates who heard the word of people who’s lives are dedicated to understanding and combatting diseases and replied “Hoax”.
Patachu

@The Smiling Pony

nope, actually it’s even the opposite.  
If you have all the spectrum of politics, depending of the regions, if you are in a coastal, at the borders, lost in the countryside,or in a big city, not one single politician alone can unite one entire country.

and this is why every politician is aiming at targeting the electorate of the biggest cities, not the WHOLE country.  
The solution? make more local governments, give back more power to the regions, states, or provinces. such local governance should be much more adapted than a big global one that rule an entire country all the same.  
I mean, there’s a huge difference between Wisconsin, New York and California. That’s the same difference between Bretagne, Paris and the cote d’Azur.

@Dustcan  
Did they had any info? No.  
I’m talking about the Chinese officials and the WHO - did nothing - that was in December they should have.
EndlessNight_MLP

Meme Connoisseur
Trump and his opinion host friends at Fox News have hurt a lot more than they have helped because of the initial “it’s like a flu” response to COVID-19. Though I saw a lot of media reporting “the flu is worse” takes in January.

The Chinese Government holds most of the blame though, in the grand scheme of things. Things are bad here in the U.S., bad in Germany, bad in France, bad in Italy, bad in Spain, and bad in Iran. The Chinese government should have been a LOT more open.

Also, fuck Trump for using the virus as an excuse to expand the War on Drugs.  
Trump says US will increase counter-narcotics efforts in East Pacific, Caribbean
Background Pony #40E0
@Dustcan  
actually practically everyone in politics and the media ignored the coronavirus early on due to the impeachment hearings and aftermath, and the Trump admin did shut down travel to China, which boight us time that was overall wasted since we didn’t get the testing ready, and Trump didn’t call the virus itself a hoax, just the way it was covered in relation to him.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Rush Limbaugh is now saying health experts are part of the Deep State and saying they should not be listened to.
There has to be some kinda law or something against this.

I never liked Limbaugh, but I respected him somewhat.

Don’t tell me he’s turning into another Alex Jones…..
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide