Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Vivace

Peak TDS, though to be fair I see similar comments from Biden supporters, in that they give credence to the likes of Reade but still support Biden because #OrangeManBad. All I can say is “enjoy another four years of Trump,” because the Sanders supporters sure-as-shit won’t vote for Biden if they feel his nomination was stolen.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Ebalosus  
Dems are positioning Cuomo to be the backup, so in that case, it is absolutely stolen. The longer Sanders stays in the race, the less credence had by the argument that we simply must choose between 2 alleged rapists.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Vivace

When you say they’re “positioning Cuomo to be the backup,” what does that mean in a practical sense? Do they wait until Sanders drops out, then a week later say that Biden is dropping out with Cuomo as his replacement? Do they replace Biden before Sanders drops out?
Background Pony #02F1
I’m still not convinced Biden is worse than Trump yet, but even from a strictly nonpartisan viewpoint, he’s hardly more appealing.
I may not be enthused about Biden as a candidate, but I’d vote for him over Trump any day. Even at his worst he’d be better in that office than Trump ever has been or will be.

Besides, it’s not like this is just about Biden. There are all the appointed positions he’d get to fill with people who might actually care more about their job and the responsibilities it carries than they would about appeasing an utter idiot. It’s about putting an end to the current EPA’s quest to make themselves irrelevant by ensuring there’s no environment left to protect. It’s about stopping the Republican Senate from getting to confirm more blatantly biased, incompetent judges, and in the same vein, keeping a potential third supreme court nomination out of the hands of Mitch McConnel and Trump. It’s the ability to fix (or at the very least restore) a thousand and one little things that people keep forgetting have been broken or corrupted by Trump over the last four years.

So yeah, I get not being excited by Biden. I still would much rather have Bernie as the nominee. But this is about so much more than just the one person, and it’s important to remain focused on that.
Background Pony #02F1
All I can say is “enjoy another four years of Trump,” because the Sanders supporters sure-as-shit won’t vote for Biden if they feel his nomination was stolen.
I wouldn’t say that. According to the article Dustcan linked earlier, “Eighty percent of Sanders backers say they’ll vote for Biden against Trump”. They may not be happy about it, granted, but if it’s a choice between anyone else or Donald, the overwhelming majority seem ready to go with anyone else.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@igotnopicks  
Oh, and yet they want to destroy us.

Just wait until I die of old age, dammit! Then I don’t want to suffer the same dark fate Sarah Connor did in her dreams on Terminator 2.

@Typhoon2000  
Not to mention, my parents act like it’s a normal thing while it’s NOT! They think US is ready to counterattack North Korea with their technology. While I still fear the North Korea’s genocide against America. AND I FUCKING LIVE HERE!!!
Background Pony #2BA0
Learned that if you have more than $2,000 in assets, you lose your disability.

This just proves my theory that the system is designed to keep poor people poor.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
This just proves my theory that the system is designed to keep poor people poor.

Yep. Because God forbid a tiny minority try to cheat the system, might as well drag the whole thing down so even honest folk struggle.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
All I can say is “enjoy another four years of Trump,” because the Sanders supporters sure-as-shit won’t vote for Biden if they feel his nomination was stolen.
I wouldn’t say that. According to the article Dustcan linked earlier, “Eighty percent of Sanders backers say they’ll vote for Biden against Trump”. They may not be happy about it, granted, but if it’s a choice between anyone else or Donald, the overwhelming majority seem ready to go with anyone else.
If accurate, that would represent a slightly larger defection than occurred after the bitter battle between Sanders and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016, when 12% of Sanders voters broke for Trump in the general election.
The good news for Biden is that in spring 2016, an ABC News poll found 20% of Sanders supporters said they would vote for Trump over Clinton, and far fewer ended up doing so. And 80% of Sanders’ supporters said they would back Biden over Trump, according to the poll.
The 15% who said they plan to vote for Trump represents just 6% of Democrats and voters who lean Democratic, according to ABC News. Trump won 8% of Democrats in 2016/

And I feel it needing to be said: Bernie is currently holding about 30-40% of the democratic primary vote vs Biden. For all the ree-ing about “Bernie Bros.”, if a 15% fraction of a 30-40% total of the vote is all that’s needed for the nominee to lose, then that’s the nominee’s fault for being such a terrible candidate that such a miniscule portion of the vote would’ve been enough to flip an election.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Ereiam

@Background Human

@Dustcan

Yyou misunderstand me. On matter of actual policy, of course the Democrat Biden is better than the Republican Trump.

But on actual physical/mental health, and being able to do the job of actually BEING PRESIDENT, let’s just say that at least Trump’s brain isn’t falling apart as we speak (no comments please on whether Trump’s brain was ever together to begin with, that’s neither here nor there).
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs

This is what happens when your economic system has its roots traced back to/just a modernized feudalism.

@Random-Rambling

let’s just say that at least Trump’s brain isn’t falling apart as we speak

Nah, even that’s not quite right. You can look at speeches of them both from now vs just 4 years ago and see that there’s a notable decline in each. Difference is that Biden started off on a higher bar (but with an occasional stutter for a handicap) while Trump started off speaking on a 4th grade level (that’s not an exaggeration. His speeches was legit graded as being the equivalent of a 4th grader when the ATT average campaign was speaking at 8-9th grade).
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Do you really buy into the fearmongering about the secret nuking abilities of the Norks? That they could reduce to ash the totality of the North American continent in a split second?

Don’t you realize that you have more chances to be struck by lightning after buying a winning lottery ticket than to have a North Korean missile falling in your vicinity? Or that North Korea has no other capacity to directly harm the US beyond that highly implausible initial strike (which would be the only one they could manage before being crippled by the inevitable counterattack)?

Do you really believe that “us or them” mentality is benefitting anyone? Or that you’re accomplishing anything by freaking out over it on the political forum of a MLP fansite, of all places?

Seriously, listen to what your parents say. Stop worrying aimlessly and pointlessly about it and enjoy your life while you can. There are plenty of things out there that are way more likely to screw it up than North Korean nukes.
Background Pony #40E0
@Background Pony #368C  
I feel the same way about Trump. I prefer his judges to the alternative, really any originalist judge, so at the minimum his supreme court picks have been worth it.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Ereiam

We should still be wary of North Korea because they’re basically a suicide bomber in the form of a country.

They could wipe Seoul off the map in 10 minutes.

However, EVERY OTHER COUNTRY with nuclear arms could wipe the entire country off the map in 5.

That’s pretty much the only reason Fatty Kim doesn’t actually DO anything to anybody outside his country.

Literally nobody likes him. And I do mean literally. Everyone who claims otherwise just see him as a handy cash cow or a convenient meat shield.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide