Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #7F87  
We wouldn’t be in this mess if Trump didn’t disband the Pandemic office and did not waste valuable time not preparing for the outbreak. Now the government is slow respond to the increase in cases. Hospitals are going to be faced with an influx of cases with shortage of medical supplies, room and staff. What is even more upsetting is the Trump administration is not responding to many states cries for needed assistance nor allowing for states to to take the needed steps to handle the crisis instead Trump is focusing on the election which he shouldn’t be.
Background Pony #006D
@Apple Thor  
No, we would still be in this case because we were given plenty of time to react however the CDC had sole authority to make the tests and do the testing. They then screwed up the tests and wouldn’t allow hospitals who could fix them to do so. That slowdown was the fault of government regulations and bureaucracy.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #7F87  
Donald Trump dismantled the Pandemic response unit slowing down the government’s ability to respond to it and also downplayed the severity of the virus contributing to the outbreak’s spread. Now he is not being clear on what the government plans to do. Trump’s blunders and recklessly self disregard have done massive economic and social damage. We had months to prepare yet Trump sat on his hands.
Background Pony #006D
@Apple Thor  
The government responded in time, they had all the information they needed, they simply screwed up the tests and had dumb regulatioms in place. They didn’t need a response unit to handle this, they needed to relax the regulations.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Romney has proposed sending every adult $1000 to help cope with the coronavirus.

A few years ago I said Bernie was the dark horse winner of 2016 since his ideology went from radical to mainstream. Between Biden ripping off Warren’s Green New Deal schema and Bernie’s college debt forgiveness and administration diversity quota, and Romney of all people toying with Yang’s UBI proposal I think progressive ideology in genereal might end up being this election’s dark horse winner.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #7F87  
It took the government weeks to respond to the virus when the rest of the world did. We ranked near the bottom for our readiness and response to the epidemic. The government failed to notify, combat and contain the spread of the virus. We do not have enough beds, medical supplies, testing kits and hospitals to handle this and the President’s unwillingness to take responsibility for his mishandling of the crisis is only making things worst.
Background Pony #006D
@Apple Thor  
yeah, we didn’t have enough testing kits when we needed it. Which is EXACTLY what I said. However that is not the result of Trump being bad at his job, this is the result of bad regulations which said the CDC is the only test that can be used, and the CDC messed up the tests, only the CDC could fix or replace them and the tests had to go through the CDC. This is all despite the fact that hospitals and private companies could do it. These are regulations that have been on the books. We had the time, we responded in time, but the response was bad.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I wonder if shit-for-brains is going to send signed graphs of the stock market to his supporters again.

We’re now priced into recession range.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #7F87  
This is a result of Trump cutting funding. The spread wouldn’t be as bad if Trump took the epidemic seriously. He didn’t escalating the spread of the virus. He cut the Pandemic unit resulting in a slower government response. Donald Trump was suppose to protect the people by alerting them to the dangers of the virus. His unwillingness to be attentive has cost the US time and his unwillingness to act right now is only escalating the problem. He failed the very country he was given to protect.
Background Pony #006D
@Apple Thor  
no, the problem wasn’t that the response was too slow, or they didn’t have enough money. The response was there but it was just bad. They overregulated and as a result one mistake, the CDC issuing defective test kits, caused the whoke thing to fall apart. had this not been the policy in plave, had we allowed states, hospitals, private organizations to test. Had the CDC allowed them to use thwir own tests, or in some cases fix the CDC tests, we would have had a real idea of the extent of this ahead of time and could react accordingly.

The pandemic response unit would not have stopped this chain of events. At best they would have quickened the response after this happened.
Princess Applejack

@Background Pony #7F87  
I am not saying the Pandemic Response Unit would have stopped it but it would have made us more prepared. Trump is not taking the needed steps to prepare the public for the outbreak and his refusal to let states expand Medicare shows he doesn’t give a rats ass about Americans and continues to slow America’s response to the outbreak with outright lies and refusing to accept help. He is at fault for mishandling the crisis allowing for cases to grow.
Background Pony #006D
@Apple Thor  
If the pandemic response unit could have expediated the loosening of those regulations I mentioned, I could believe this. My issue is that we did know ahead of time. China provided the structure of the virus, that’s how the CDC knew how to make the tests. I don’t buy into the idea that we didn’t know, or were too slow to respond. Our response was just bad, and we should learn from this so when the next virus comes we can quickly test for it.
Background Pony #006D
@Background Pony #7F87  
Now I will say testing at this point is only part of the battle, we need to now beging preparing for the influx of patients. We don’t have enough supplies at hospitals to handle a spike in new patients. States and federal governments need to prepare for this. What I don’t like it both parties are so focused on the economic policies. Fiscal policies won’t solve this, I don’t think the fed’s policies will help either. Trump’s payroll tax holiday won’t help much and neither will a blind $1,000 handout to everyone. Policies to help those who can’t take days off will help from an egalitarian pov though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide