Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@Scrabbleman  
I imagine it’s a scaled-up version of the psychology which stops me going to a supermarket checkout with a long line, even when all of them do - I’m so caught up in not wasting time that I waste more.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Trump has suspended all travel to Europe for the next 30 days.

This won’t work for about 10 different reasons, but lets address a few.

1. There are large pockets in Asia and travel there is as of yet unrestricted.  
  2. He exempted the UK, which means people can still fly in and out of Europe through the UK  
  3. It’s already in community spread here in the US, with the hardest hit areas being the ones who get a majority traffic from Asia, such as Cali and Washington.  
  4. If his goal was to bolster the economy, smashing the travel and trade industries in the face for no reason is no fucking way to handle it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Stock futures around the world are in free fall on the announcement.

Gods above, there is going to be carnage for the airline stocks.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@Cirrus Light
Yeah, that’s all fine and good, but people tend to trample all over them still, either in individual cases, or like the Japanese Americans.
Which is unfortunately, terribly true.

But something to bear in mind is that The People aren’t helpless to this.

I don’t want conflict, I certainly don’t advocate for it, but I do think people should be ready to defend themselves and our western values of liberty if necessary. As such, I think it’s important people realize that we’re not helpless passengers to a corrupt system trampling over us. Not only is there some degree of functionality left in the system, that should be used to repair it, but if the government were to go full tyrant, they wouldn’t stand a chance.

People of every persuasion should be aware of the facts of the matter. If you don’t believe it, watch this analysis of it. The points I’d add are:

1. CONUS has 100x the area and 100x the population as North and South Vietnam had in the 60’s. Let that sink in.  
  2. The US civilian populace has - estimates range from around 200 to 600 million guns. The military and police combined have about 6 million.  
  3. Veterans outnumber active servicemen roughly 10:1, and thanks to our Founders foresight with the 2nd Amendment, are about as well-armed. You can get licensing to own auto weapons (but you shouldn’t even need that), but truth be told the tactical fire mode is semi-auto, since auto is so inaccurate and burns through ammo so quickly.

These veterans also train others, and if called on, can do that a lot more, too.

4. Heavy vehicles and weapons are scary, but their supply lines are vulnerable. They can either use them in cities where they’re ineffective, collatoral damage would create more resistance fighters than they’d kill, and they’re destroying the very infrastructure that produces their fuel and ammo, or they’d be forced to the rural countryside, which Pentagon planners in war games have already realized is completely impossible to control simply because it’s too much ground to cover. Vehicles won’t be able to respond in time in such a large area, and their supply lines would end up stretched so thin they’re impossible to protect.

There’s a reason having vast air superiority and tanks didn’t win against a bunch of agrarian Vietcong farmers who’d never seen a TV and couldn’t read or write.

But the video I linked makes even more important points. And there’s even more vulnerabilities I won’t even describe, but nothing all interested parties aren’t already aware of.

The ultimate conclusion of these war games was that the US would have to feign strength to try to convince people not to fight.

Point is, we really should either figure out how to get along better and compromise instead of continuously having 50% tyrannize over the other 50%, or seriously consider having some parting of ways, because a civil society won’t last when people cease being civil with eachother. It seems trite to ban, censor, block, etc., but it’s only as trivial as a drop of water, and devastating floods come in raindrops. Neither the Civil war nor Revolutionary war kicked off out of nowhere. It was a political climate disturbingly similar to this one that preceded both.

So… there’s the situation that I feel, as I said, that people of every persuasion should be aware of. Though the left should also be aware that something like 2/3rd of the military voted for Trump, so it probably wouldn’t be the most reliable organization for putting down a Constitutionalist movement.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@SombrLiz

Recession, most likely.

Trump’s problem is that he refuses to accept that it’s now a “here” problem and not a “there” problem anymore.

This is not something we can just throw travel restrictions on and money at.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
It’s a shame that many businesses still force their employees to come to work despite the ensuing epidemic. Like, I give it a pass for specific important jobs like electricians and power plant workers but if we’re talking middle-of-the-city white-collar office work, then it seems a bit dangerous.
Princess Applejack

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
There has always been a fight for Gender Equality. You just have really bad people thinking what Wienstien did is acceptable when its not. I argued many times with these kind of people on Vic Mingnodga forums and they are just really selfish. Just because someone did good things doesn’t excuse the bad they have done.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
It’s a shame that many businesses still force their employees to come to work despite the ensuing epidemic. Like, I give it a pass for specific important jobs like electricians and power plant workers but if we’re talking middle-of-the-city white-collar office work, then it seems a bit dangerous.

Check out the Presidential address that aired tonight. It looks like they’re trying to put supports in place to get people time off of work without collapsing the economy, with $250 billion in small business loans and tax deferments and some TBD amount in payroll tax cuts, which I assume/hope will be contingent on giving employees time off to economically incentivize companies to give workers time off for this pandemic.

Let’s see if Dems can cooperate with Trump enough to pass bills/budget for this without inserting a bunch of hitchhiking crap and pork into the bill.

But if the country can’t pull together for this then we’re well and honestly screwed.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Lord Goku  
Everything is partisan politics for those fuckers. Their own houses could be on fire, they’d still be more concerned with putting the blame on the dems somehow than calling 911.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide