Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #8D36
@Mikey  
I’m just pointing out that the argument of raising minimum wage will result in increased employment is going against economic theory. Card and Krueger did a famous paper claiming this was the result of monopsonistic forces, though many economists have pointed out plenty of other factors at play in the paper that account for the increase. You could have a case that’s sort of like an efficiency wage, where turnover is high at a company and paying the employees more to keep them from quitting saves the company money, but I don’t know if that applies to something like fast food workers.

As for whether it should be done, it should be left to the states. Wages in California are different then Georgia.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Bloomberg is still not on the ballot going into South Carolina. That means he’s coming in with a huge disadvantage not being able to get any delegates from the first 4 states.

However those 4 states only grant some 3-5% of the total number of national delegates, so it’s not that much of a statistical loss. And after South Carolina is Super Tuesday with, what, 8 states voting? I’m pretty sure he’ll be on the ballot by then.
Background Pony #A6B0
I think the way that the mainstream media is lying and going crazy about Bernie Sanders is going to backfire make a very large portion of people who voted for Trump in 2016 vote for Bernie. A lot of people voted for Trump because they saw how the media overreacted about him. (I’m not saying I like him at all, because I don’t, but he’s really not much different from President G. W. Bush or what Clinton would’ve been when you look at his policies and such- like 5% worse and 95% the same.)

A lot of people will vote for Bernie Sanders just to laugh at the media being stupid- basically a variation on the Streisand Effect en masse.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Yes, death to the… (checks notes)… rest of the proletariat.

When you democratically fire half of your staff to democratically keep wages higher for everyone else to democratically raise profit margins.
Background Pony #A6B0
Bloomberg is really just a blessing to Bernie and Warren in disguise. The only people he really appeals to is the same people who would otherwise vote for Biden, Buttigieg, or Klobuchar. “Outsider” voters would vote for candidtaes like Yang, Sanders, or even Warren, but not for establishment politicians with a long history of stop & frisk policies or frivolous micromanagement of American’s liberties like banning big gulps. Bloomberg can’t hurt Bernie’s chances, and he may actually help as the other candidates’ split their votes with him.
Background Pony #A6B0
@Dustcan  
If the superdelegates override the will of the American people, I will perform a citizen’s arrest upon them for treason, much in the way we did here in Iowa many moons ago on Karl Rove for conspiracy to create an illegal war in Iraq.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #241F

Funny thing is Bloomberg is going a long way to rehabilitate Biden’s image. Biden’s polling has gone up for the first time ever since Bloomberg entered the race.

@Background Pony #241F

Funny you mention that, ‘cuz there’s not better comedy than timing.

Democratic Leaders Willing to Risk Party Damage to Stop Bernie Sanders

Interviews with dozens of Democratic Party officials, including 93 superdelegates, found overwhelming opposition to handing Mr. Sanders the nomination if he fell short of a majority of delegates.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Fox New’s monthly end poll shows Sanders beating Trump by 7 points, Biden by 8, and Bloomberg by 6.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Dustcan

There won’t BE a Democratic Party if Sanders continues his current momentum and he’s NOT the nominee.

Is that what you really want, Democrats? To hand a second term to Trump on a silver platter because you all fought each other instead of working together?
Background Pony #1A9D
Interviews with dozens of Democratic Party officials, including 93 superdelegates, found overwhelming opposition to handing Mr. Sanders the nomination if he fell short of a majority of delegates.
Except isn’t he already fairly close to having a majority of delegates? Or did I get the wrong impression somewhere?
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #BA05

Not even close. Only 3 states have vote so far, and they carry less than 3% of the total national delegates. Out of the 100 available delegates he’s only accumulated 45, so at this point he’s more or less only earned 1.4%~ of the total.

Of course him he’s broken a record for being the first person of any party to ever win the first 3 states by popular vote, so he’s got the momentum right out of the gate. But South Carolina this Saturday will determine if he increases that lead or if he begins his stumbles (especially since SC has 63 delegates up for grabs, more than half the total delegates so far), and then there’s Super Tuesday next week giving us 14 states voting at once. 2 of those states being the highly populated and delegate rich California and Texas.

The short version is Bernie has the early advantage, but Super Tuesday is what will determine how the rest of the race plays out.
Background Pony #1A9D
The short version is Bernie has the early advantage, but Super Tuesday is what will determine how the rest of the race plays out.
Ah, I see. Wrong impression it was, then.

On the plus side, given what you said there, we should at least have a better idea of his chances fairly soon.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Background Pony #BA05

Remind me again of when the candidates are basically locked in? Does Super Tuesday determine that? I’m pretty sure that last time round it wasn’t until June or July that the candidates were locked in; or an I misremembering that?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ebalosus

If Trump had his way, our response would be even worse. His proposed budget slashes the HHS, CDC, and NIH. Our three biggest weapons against pandemics and bio-terrorism.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ebalosus

That was very strange. I swore I had only one tab open with a response to you. But somehow I responded here.

Oh well, honestly my response that would have been to you in the virus thread is more fitting here.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Zincy  
In those moments the only sane thing to do would be to close the borders. It will take months to find a 90% working antivirus and years prior to a vaccine, but once again let’s throw billions at labs like they will miraculously make one faster.

the whole coronavirus proves our governments being simply unfit to manage a crisis situation, it’s becoming pandemic due to the lack of management and if nothing stops it, not the season change, it will be so awful it’s gonna convince people and governments that globalism was a mistake.  
You can at least, surely bar China from countries to import from.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide