Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@The Smiling Pony  
…For Celestia’s sake I even wonder if you know the existence of /pol/ and actual hate sites filled with conspi shit, or if the comment section on a movie about ww2 is something new to ya, teaspoon.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Patachu  
Yes I’m aware. A lot of people are not, and it’s been a trend that the shit from /pol/ and worse place is seeping to more normal places, and it shouldn’t be seen as normal at all. Maybe you’re OK with all these people hurling their hate and idiocy around everywhere, but many are not.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@The Smiling Pony

So, you’re angry, you’re pissed, but you know, the behavior you have here makes me know you have exactly the same, obsessional state of mind as these people.  
So what’s your idea, genius? What’s your plan? global censorship? only will make things worse. Going in there and dox em one by one? be afraid and barricade ourselves? Tell them that they are evil and all? Do you also think the other side is helping?
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Patachu  
If you’re going to ask the same questions in two threads I’m just going to respond once

@Patachu
Why are you so focused on praise? Is that all you think that matters that others don’t do anything without expecting it?
And what to do? I don’t know, but I know that nothing good will happen if the problem is ignored entirely. The first step to fixing a problem is knowing there’s a problem.
Patachu

@The Smiling Pony  
Why do you even post the same shit on two different threads.

What’s your point? What part of I don’t give a fuck about your stupid crusade don’t you get.

«but people are mean on the internet»

Stop giving a fuck. No one gives a fuck. Give a fuck about what happens in reality.
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Patachu  
Different crowds in both threads but the topic is intersectional.

You seem to care a lot given how much you’re replying and the “intensity” of those replies. Nobody is making you reply or even read.
Patachu

@The Smiling Pony  
No, it’s for you to comprehend how inane you insisting and wanting to care about a fucking section of an internet page should make me. I’ve literally grown with /b/ and stileproject, you think I’m ever going to be offended by tards on youtube?

what part of «I have other concerns in life and your whiteknighting about nazis on the internet is not something I am giving a single fuck about.»  
don’t you get?

find something useful to do. being mad is not useful, not at the GOP, not at everything you hate. You got problems to solve my guy.

For my part, I’m going to sleep.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
So during the Nevada debate Warren proudly declared that she and Klobuchar was the only people on stage who weren’t millionaires or took super pac money. I don’t think it’s too tinfoil hat of me to say that wording was intentional to flex on Bernie without making it too obvious (Bernie also doesn’t take super pac money. But he did become a millionaire this year), but I digress.

But now it’s revealed that a mere day later she’s now accepting money from a super pac known as Persist Super PAC.

Oh god Warren what happened to you?
Patachu

@The Smiling Pony

A hostile tone? You’re treating your users like shit, you’ve accused me of al sorts of stuff before, more or less with facts, and you have the nerve to tell me I’m using a hostile tone!  
You need help.  
I can understand you need to transfer all the hate, all the rage you have bout the right wing there on me, bit that changes nothing bout your condition or your reality.  
That won’t throw a rainbow on Youtube’s comment section making everybody happy, that won’t solve or change anything.

I think you really need help.
Vortaxonus

@Dustcan  
So any other good candidates for bernie’s vice? I know it’s sudden but considering he survived a heart attack about a month ago i think it kinda is a topic that needs to come up eventually.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Did he really?

I found a few links that direct to his Twitter, and every time I go through them the message is “account suspended”. And I can use Wayback to confirm it’s his at least, but can’t confirm what for.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
So during the Nevada debate Warren proudly declared that she and Klobuchar was the only people on stage who weren’t millionaires or took super pac money. I don’t think it’s too tinfoil hat of me to say that wording was intentional to flex on Bernie without making it too obvious (Bernie also doesn’t take super pac money. But he did become a millionaire this year), but I digress.
But now it’s revealed that a mere day later she’s now accepting money from a super pac known as Persist Super PAC.
Oh god Warren what happened to you?

Yes, Bernie is a millionaire.

You’ll also notice he says that’s not an inherently bad thing. His pet peeve is when millionaires and billionaires exploit loopholes to pay a tiny, tiny fraction of the taxes they would pay if they didn’t exploit said loopholes.

And to everyone who says “they’re just being smart”, they’re not. They literally wrote those particular loopholes into existence (or heavily influenced them, if you’re going to be a pedant about my use of the word “literally”.)
AaronMk
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@Random-Rambling

From a whole other angle as well he’s not so much a millionaire for being a buisiness person where you can do an analysis to illustrate the inequities of that but because of just congressional, Senate income. Unlike someone like Bloomberg who has made billions riding on the backs of thousands and who for sure owns far more properties than a main dig and two vacation homes (I have known in my time working class families here in Michigan who can get away with having at least a vacation cabin so it’s not unheard of for me, but Michigan property prices are dirt cheap in most cases compared to the East Coast, although I can not speak for Vermont’s blasted mountain emptiness). Or if the millionaire is a millionaire because they worked for McKinzy and did basically civilian hit jobs by scrambling the lives of hundreds of thousands of not millions in restructuring schemes and bread price fixing like Pete Buttegieg.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Vortaxonus

-shrug

If you want a nobody’s amateur opinion then here’s this guy’s spitballing.

If Bernie was a few centuries younger then I’d say he should pick someone that expressly appeals to the right of him. Maybe follow Obama’s example and make Biden the VP again. Obama only picked him to appeal to moderate voters (sure not for any of Biden’s credentials…), and Bernie could do the same not only for that but also to show the DNC he can play ball. If he really wanted to throw a curveball and send the establishment for a loop then he could pick, say, Romney as a VP. Not only would that be the biggest middle finger to the DNC you can get (which everyone wants, so lots of free votes there) but he’d be signaling to the Republican voter base that he’s not some scary boogeyman that’s gonna ignore them in favor of partisanship. With him already siphoning Trump support, an act like that would tear chunks away from his voting block as even the most loyal partisan Republican voters will give Bernie a second look. And Romney himself is already pretty popular with the classic Republicans who bemoan how their party has been overtaken by the Tea Partiers, so an act like this would gain their support potentially in near entirety.

But unfortunately, Bernie is old enough that he was already shouting at the man who invented the wheel to get off his lawn. The presidency is infamous for aging the person in the Oval Office far more than the actual time they’ve been in. So what Bernie should do is get someone who matches his ideas instead of complementing them. Get an actual successor instead of a prop. And I don’t know of any good candidates for that. Warren is the first that comes to mind, but while still one of the most left wing candidates out there RN she’s becoming more of a sellout by the day. Other than her, maybe someone from The Squad? Man I still hate that nickname. Outside of AOC they each have had years of experience in government even before becoming House Representatives, and all 4 shares many of his ideas and are already vaguely associated with him.

That’s my hot take.

@Random-Rambling

I agree. Bernie never stopped saying millionaires and billionaires should pay higher taxes. The fact that he is one now still hasn’t changed that.

I dare say it makes his message stronger now. Now he no longer looks like a curmudgeon shaking his fist at the rich folk telling them to pay their fair share, he now looks like a rich curmudgeon shaking his fist at his peers saying they have to pay their share.

The fact that Bernie only became a millionaire after a recent book deal after a lifetime in government only makes him look better. He didn’t get his money through inheritance or business exploitation in his youth, he got it after decades of hard work and experience.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide