Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
But it was never about saving money, or having lower taxes. For these people, it was always about paying for someone else. You could tell them that helping the less fortunate would only cost one penny more in taxes and they would take umbrage to that single cent being spent on the “lazy”, as they put it.

Bingo.

Yes, moochers, leeches, and people who cheat the system DO EXIST, but there are a LOT less than certain people would have you believe.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I saw someone raise a good point before: the VP is the most unimportant important position in the world. They effectively only have 3 responsibilities: 1) sit on Senate votes to maybe cast a tie breaker, 2) attend events when the president can’t, and 3) sit around looking pretty until the president croaks. That would a be waste of Warren’s talent and she’d be better suited for a cabinet position where she can actually get stuff done.
On the other hand another guy put forward a good rebuttal: Bernie is like a billion years old. Rounded down. And he survived a heart attack only a month or so ago. There’s a very real possibility that if elected whoever is Bernie’s VP will be the president before 2024.

Everything you say makes me wonder why Biden is still a thing.

He was Obama’s VP and he’s pretty old himself (to the point where many see him as less a presidential figure and more like their kooky old grandpa, especially with that now infamous video of him going off on a rambling tangent about a guy named “Corn Pop”.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
I saw someone raise a good point before: the VP is the most unimportant important position in the world. They effectively only have 3 responsibilities: 1) sit on Senate votes to maybe cast a tie breaker, 2) attend events when the president can’t, and 3) sit around looking pretty until the president croaks. That would a be waste of Warren’s talent and she’d be better suited for a cabinet position where she can actually get stuff done.
On the other hand another guy put forward a good rebuttal: Bernie is like a billion years old. Rounded down. And he survived a heart attack only a month or so ago. There’s a very real possibility that if elected whoever is Bernie’s VP will be the president before 2024.
Everything you say makes me wonder why Biden is still a thing.
He was Obama’s VP and he’s pretty old himself (to the point where many see him as less a presidential figure and more like their kooky old grandpa, especially with that now infamous video of him going off on a rambling tangent about a guy named “Corn Pop”.

Biden’s a guy whose made his career on basically failing. This is his third, if not fourth run at the president. You could argue he has had a trend at failing upwards at all his dumb bids for the presidency, getting to be the VP. I can only assume he hopes this trend will continue and he can fail himself into the presidency before he dies already.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Yeah. They make up only, oh, 1% of the population.

Which is a lot of individual people, to be sure, but a very small drain on the system as a whole.

And this is life-saving medicine and procedures they’re getting, they’re not exactly skipping out on payments for nose-jobs or breast implants.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

I remember the nuance and intricacies of portraying Nazis in the original Wolfenstein, where a difference between those conscripted into a genocifial army and the mastermind who engineered -

Ha! Fat joke. Blazcowicz gunned them all down with the subtlety of a semi-truck and it only got controversial once Nazis came out of the woodwork in America before the 2016 election.
Background Pony #1F81
@Zincy  
According to a certain someone in the GG thread, saying “Fuck Hitler” is apparently something only a SJW would say/do if they have a ton of skeletons in their closet to make themselves look good, and that it’s not worth saying “Fuck Hitler” 75 years later.

GamerGate was a mistake
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Yes but once all billionaires will have their wealth shared, everyone will be equal and have a wage and free shit few months! then suddenly, Communism!
I don’t know how many times people have told you in this thread and you just won’t listen. He’s promising things that literally the rest of the world already has.
You stated that you don’t even live in the US, so you’re likely European which means you already have free healthcare. I really don’t know why you’re opposing this, do you just want to watch Americans suffer constantly because you hate us? What country do you live in?
Finland has free public college and I believe that they’re one of the highest in terms of education and their people are generally more happy than anyone else in the world - all the Nordic countries are.
Just like if a scientific manages to prove with evidence, with verification, peer review and experimental models, particle accelerators, new technologies, that the Earth, planets and the visible universe are flat because there are dimensions we can not perceive or comprehend beyond us, hence creating a bias that the earth could be spherical yes, I will accept that. Everyone will take a seat, and say “Good job. Respect.”
Again, how many times do we have to use the Nordic countries as evidence? Bernie Sanders isn’t promising free stuff and when pressed on whether or not he was on Stephen Baron Cohen’s show, Bernie asked whether the guy was crazy.
We already know that this money has to come from somewhere and we’re tired of the repetitive “how do you pay for it” questions. Especially since you guys don’t even ask the same drivel for military campaigns or Trump’s retarded “Space Force.”
We can’t afford to give Americans healthcare that every modern nation on the planet gives to their own people but we can afford some stupid, redundant military branch called “Space Force.” First, can I just say what an insanely childish and stupid name that is?
Background Pony #1F81
@Zincy  
I would link to it, but I think that would be against rule 0 so I won’t

that and the GamerGate thread is, like someone said on the last page, the same 10 or so people whining about whatever minor controversy of the week.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
When asked his views on the rise of the far right in Europe, Bloomberg warned about the rise of progressive politicians in the US, citing Warren.
“The left is arising. The progressive movement is just as scary,” he says. “Elizabeth Warren on one side. And whoever you want to pick on the Republicans on the right side?”
In the remarks, Bloomberg also spoke of the need for America to solve the problem of income equality before society “blows up.”
“Well, to start, my first campaign platform would be to defend the banks, and you know how well that’s gonna sell in this country,” Bloomberg said in his remarks.
“But seriously,” he went on, “somebody’s gotta stand up and do what we need. A healthy banking system that’s going to take risks because that’s what creates the jobs for everybody. And nobody’s willing to say that. The trouble is, these campaigns in this day and age, really are about slogans and not about issues anymore. And in this election you’re going to see people are voting and they either love or hate, mostly hate both, but who you hate the least. That’s what they’re going to vote for. And they’re not going to vote on issues.”
Bloomberg added of the banking crowd, “these are my peeps.”
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

Between that, the Nevada results, and the “youth wave”, I get the feeling that the laughs of the GOP who were salivating over Sanders being the nom is slowly turning into nervous chuckles.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Human

That’s actually why I’m glad so many dems are worried that Trump will be reelected.

The Reps paint that as a bad thing, but it’s not. The Dems and anti-Trump voters need to believe he can be reelected, that needs to remain a real possibility. Because fear and anger drive votes, complacency meanwhile kills.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
Video game politics was supposed to be subtle and help players immerse themselves in the game, not constantly nag about real-life stuff.
full

Bitch, I played through that game and it criticizes other war games. It talks about the horrific nature of war and that people shouldn’t advocate it, regardless of setting. It makes fun of playing soldier and being the hero by making you the villain if you played it. Why the hell do you think it picked Dubai, a place with close relations with the US?

You dare challenge me in my field of expertise?
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Scrabbleman  
Perhaps because, unlike Nero or Nobunaga Oda, Hitler’s ideas still carry weight to this day and there is actually a significant number of people who embrace them and are ready to defend them, don’tcha think?

When I see how many shitheads online regularly go “hitler had teh right idea lulz 88”, I feel like maybe saying that once in a while isn’t unwarranted.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Ereiam  
I’ll admit, it’s fair when you argue at someone who does that.

I’m more annoyed when people bring it up for no reason. If it’s a discussion that is relevant about Nazism, then yeah sure. But if you shouted in the middle of a school hallway about how much Hitler sucks, I’ll just assume you’re retarded from bringing it up out of nowhere.

Arguments should be related to the topic currently being argued. It’d be weird to talk about a new McDonald’s burger while at a funeral. There are procedures and guidelines for these.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide