Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@The Smiling Pony
And then Zoe Quinn decided to make it worse.

And that makes Gamergate worse. Quinn, Woo, Sarkeesian and the other figureheads were and are legitimately awful people who grifted and entire community and women’s rights movement to untold wealth, to say nothing of the industry of collusion and corruption that is games journalism.

And goobergators fell for their trap hook line and sinker every time. Instead of pointing out the lack of integrity or professionalism they go for the death and rape threats. Sarkeesian still occasionally drops a shoddy ‘such and such is misogynistic’ video every once in a while for a quick buck, and goobergators are still all too willing to toss gendered slurs and threats for her to rake in the pity bucks from when she inevitably pulls the ‘woe is me’ card.

@Scrabbleman

I’m saying that as someone who was Pro-Gamergate.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Wooo boy  
John Oliver just made a video on Modi  
10 labour vouchers that the comment section is toxic as fuck

@AaronMk  
I legitimately cannot believe people can utter the phrase “ethics in gaming journalism” without bursting out into laughter  
First world problems much?
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Sky funeral
@Commune

It’s almost as if paid promotional coverage has been a long and tried and true marketing gimmick for several decades within th culture Industry as a whole.

It’s almost like before all this happened I wrote a college paper for a marketing class predicting the viability of online Let’s Players and shit being a new sales strategy.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

And that makes Gamergate worse. Quinn, Woo, Sarkeesian and the other figureheads were and are legitimately awful people who grifted and entire community and women’s rights movement to untold wealth, to say nothing of the industry of collusion and corruption that is games journalism.

To me it sounds like the latter are actually the worse kinds of people you can see in this world, that we could use far less of.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
22 separate studies from organizations across the political spectrum conclude that a single payer system would save tax payers money

But it was never about saving money, or having lower taxes. For these people, it was always about paying for someone else. You could tell them that helping the less fortunate would only cost one penny more in taxes and they would take umbrage to that single cent being spent on the “lazy”, as they put it.
Background Pony #F0B8
@The Smiling Pony
I won’t deny that the Gamergate movement derailed itself FAR from the original intent, despite being dead on with the problems the industry began having.
It never derailed. It did exactly what it was started to do, which is to harass some guy’s ex-girlfriend. The fact that she happened to be a video game designer just made it easier for everyone involved in screaming expletives and death threats at her ad nauseum to pretend there was some kind of actual, non insane point justifying their actions.
Background Pony #6816
@Commune  
of course, It is both John Oliver and Modi. I pick up the hightened emotions regarding the guy just by osmosis of my nearby Indian friends.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Background Pony #2555  
I know we all can have interpretations of what the Gamergate movement was about and as pretentious as I sound, I must inform you that yours is wrong and you should know that.

Maybe next time, people’s shouldn’t be having sex with game critics and journalists as a way to boost the ratings of their “game” Depression Quest. We already have enough of that in Hollywood.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Stocks got hammered today. Harder than they have been in decades.

A trifecta wrecked their shit.

Oil has plunged into recession territory due to a combination of the Iranian elections, coronvirus suppressing travel, Boeing still shitting the bed, and the Canadian oil-sand project imploding.

Virus concerns have finally come home to roost, leading to the second largest single day downturn in the DOW’s history, and an unprecedented drop in the normally resilient S&P.

And this was a true sell-off, as the smart-money rally that normally rebounds the days average…didn’t happen. Effectively erasing all the gains made since November.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Background Human

Sander’s actually did lead to a hilarious dip. Health insurance stocks tanked hard the past 3 days.

The reactions I’ve been reading have amounted to “Oh it’s ok, he can’t beat Trump….just ignore those huge dips in our stocks, we’re not afraid, nope, Trump will win and save…I mean Trump will win and we will be fine”
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

If she fails to make a dent during Super Tuesday, I have every belief that she’ll drop out, and effectively ensure that Sanders gets the nomination.
Background Pony #F0B8
@Background Pony #2555
I know we all can have interpretations of what the Gamergate movement was about and as pretentious as I sound, I must inform you that yours is wrong and you should know that.
It isn’t an interpretation. It’s the truth. That is why it was started, and no amount of creative interpreting is going to change that.

@Scrabbleman  
@Background Pony #2555
Maybe next time, people’s shouldn’t be having sex with game critics and journalists as a way to boost the ratings of their “game” Depression Quest.
Good thing she didn’t then.

I mean, seriously, you are aware that at the time the narrative surrounding Gamergate was shifting from being entirely about getting revenge on someone’s ex to some pretense of credibility to disguise the fact that it had started and was still a way of getting revenge on someone’s ex, the game critic she supposedly slept with for a glowing recommendation had never actually reviewed, her game, right? Because I’d like to think you bothered to at least check and make sure this smoking gun piece of evidence actually existed before using it as the basis of an argument.

@Zincy  
If she fails to make a dent during Super Tuesday, I have every belief that she’ll drop out, and effectively ensure that Sanders gets the nomination.
If that happens, I wonder if she’d be a good pick for Vice President for Sanders. They did get along pretty well for a while there.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #2555

I saw someone raise a good point before: the VP is the most unimportant important position in the world. They effectively only have 3 responsibilities: 1) sit on Senate votes to maybe cast a tie breaker, 2) attend events when the president can’t, and 3) sit around looking pretty until the president croaks. That would a be waste of Warren’s talent and she’d be better suited for a cabinet position where she can actually get stuff done.

On the other hand another guy put forward a good rebuttal: Bernie is like a billion years old. Rounded down. And he survived a heart attack only a month or so ago. There’s a very real possibility that if elected whoever is Bernie’s VP will be the president before 2024.
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan

@The Smiling Pony  
GamerGate should have been about exposing shit like extreme crunch time, exposing higher-ups for abusing/mistreating staff, a lot of the more extreme forms of monetisation, ect.

Instead it became about a bunch of people complaining that a Triple A game doesn’t have a white-male as the main character.
Background Pony #F0B8
That would a be waste of Warren’s talent and she’d be better suited for a cabinet position where she can actually get stuff done.
Yeah. that’s a pretty solid point. I suppose I was thinking of it more from the standpoint of the election itself, since she’s definitely good at the organizational stuff and has (or had) a better rapport with Sanders than I suspect a fair number of the other contenders would. But absolutely, she has talent that would be a lot more helpful in other places.

@Dustcan  
There’s a very real possibility that if elected whoever is Bernie’s VP will be the president before 2024.
I don’t want to admit that thought crossed my mind, but… yeah, that thought crossed my mind.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

In an ideal world, Sanders should pick someone who is not quite his opposite, to reinforce any structural weaknesses in his campaign.

What Clinton failed to do and what Trump succeeded in doing.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Scrabbleman

Here’s some more non-American politics: if ACT wins big in the upcoming NZ election, I can guarantee you that people will say that “NRA influenced the NZ election!” I’ve outright told ACT politicians that they should expect the “muh Russia NRA!” BS should they be put in the kingmaker position in the election.

@The Smiling Pony

Pretty much this, regarding GG. It’s why me and my friends lost sympathy for them very quickly, and why we have little tolerance for anyone bringing it up nearly six fucking years after the fact! GG went to shit for sure, but it is not the reason Trump won the election, nor caused the ascent of the alt-right. It contributed to them, but did not cause them, which far too many people seem to miss; especially those who spend too much time online.

The reason lefties blame GG, or the Russians, or the NRA, is the same reason the alt-right blames “the Jews,” or “the communists”: it’s a simple answer with an easy target.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide