Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Latecomer

Gun sanctuaries don’t make places less safe. I mean, a lot of armed people showed up in Richmond to protest the new gun laws, and not a single person was shot, not a single punch thrown, and the counter-protesters were treated with respect. It’s almost as if an armed society is indeed a polite society.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
@Ebalosus

I agree with you 50% here.

I do believe that (while dumb) the gun sanctuaries are not inherently more dangerous.

That being said, the number of armed idiots that have resorted to gun violence despite knowing that other people around them were armed makes me question the “armed society is a polite society”. It displays a fundamental misunderstanding of human psychology. Have hammer, will hammer, after all.

I think it is better to say that the lack or prevalance of guns cannot be correlated to the politeness of a society.

I’ve seen plenty of polite events be gun free, and I’ve seen a few bonfire nights in the sticks turn into shootouts.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@byte[]  
GOOD: The company includes an RFID card so you can start the car in dead zones.  
BAD: The card didn’t work. The car needs to be re-synced every 24 hours, and if the car isn’t in cell range at that time, shit gets weird. She ultimately had to reboot her car.

Hooray for technology!
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Background Human  
I have been against keyless entry and push-button car start systems for a very long time for reasons not to dissimilar to this. This just takes it to the next level with internet-of-shit-backed late stage capitalism.
Background Pony #3083
@byte[]  
beautiful country. I think staying there long term would make me miss home, but damn that is at the top of my list if I were to ever move to another country
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Background Human  
I can’t remember where it came from, but I heard somewhere that many of the problems with modern technology come from the fact that those who develop it tend to focus more on researching how they could do a thing than wondering if they should.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@byte[]  
I think NH is about as free and genuinely safe as you can get without leaving the US.

FUN FACT: NH is the only US state that doesn’t make you buy car insurance if you want to drive legally (although you still need a driver’s license and your car registered with the state…but no insurance! SWEEEEEEEET!)
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Ebalosus  
The problem is that not everyone has a gun or even wants one. A society where everyone is armed is effectively impossible. That being said, everyone should at least strive to be proficient in self defense, wether it be with guns, martial arts, or other forms of self protection like tasers or even knives.
vit
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@Background Human  
God I miss having a simple manual key car. The navigation and cameras and bluetooth are nice, but I dislike relying on an invisible connection that needs to be in range of service.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide