Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
I’ll let you in on a little secret. No billionaire or millionaire is “self-made”. They either get extremely lucky, exploit the system through fraudulent or broken means, loopholes, etc, or inheriting it from family members who did. Usually the latter two.
Mikey
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
Why should I feel pity if Donald Trump’s family pays more taxes when him and his dad money laundered to gain wealth? They didn’t earn it, they stole it. Fuck them.
Background Pony #3083
It is a lot simpler then all of that. I don’t have a particular love for the rich, or hatred for the poor. I don’t defend them because I hope to be one. I’m a libertarian, I believe in sticking to my principles of defending people’s rights even if it doesn’t benefit me. If someone proposes we rob from the ultra rich until they are brought down to everyone else’s level I believe this is unethical.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Background Pony #A63C  
Why not? Most ultra rich are thieves anyways. Jeff Bezos didn’t work hard to become a multibillionaire, he exploited low wage workers. Fred Trump money laundered. I’m pretty sure Bill Gates exploited and still does. They’re criminals but because they’re rich no one does anything about it.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Background Pony #A63C  
Money laundering is illegal yet no one bothered to look into that when Trump and his dad were doing it. Point is no billionaire has gained their wealth through legitimate means.
Background Pony #3083
@Mikey  
Not only do I disagree with that blanket statement, I would say any law breaking should be investigated. Really though if you want to get echnical everyone has broken a law before, specifically something tax related. Hell they got Al Capone on taxes.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #A63C  
Without the government, the “ultra rich” would only have as much as they could personally defend. Property rights do not exist without someone to enforce them. Is it “robbery” to demand payment for services rendered?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide