Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Patachu

“two kindergartners in Utah told a Latino boy that President Trump would send him back to Mexico, and teenagers in Maine sneered “Ban Muslims” at a classmate wearing a hijab. In Tennessee, a group of middle-schoolers linked arms, imitating the president’s proposed border wall as they refused to let nonwhite students pass. In Ohio, another group of middle-schoolers surrounded a mixed-race sixth-grader and, as she confided to her mother, told the girl: “This is Trump country.”

Opening paragraph
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
And

“The day after the election, a friend told Cielo, then a sophomore, that he was glad Trump won because Mexicans were stealing American jobs. A year later, when the president was mentioned during her American literature course, she said she didn’t support him and a classmate who did refused to sit next to her.

“‘I don’t want to be around her,’ ” Cielo recalled him announcing as he opted for the floor instead.

Then, on “America night” at a football game in October 2018 during Cielo’s senior year, schoolmates in the student section unfurled a “Make America Great Again” flag. Led by the boy who wouldn’t sit beside Cielo, the teenagers began to chant: “Build — the — wall!”

and

“Look,” the boy said, “it’s one of those f—ing Mexicans.”

and

A schoolmate, who is white, took a screen shot of her tweet and posted it to Snapchat, along with a Confederate flag.

“Unpopular opinion but: people that are from Mexico and come in to America illegally or at all really piss me off,” he added in a message that spread rapidly among students.

The next morning, as Ashanty arrived at school, half a dozen boys, including the one who had written the message, stood nearby.

“You’re illegal. Go back to Mexico,” she heard one of them say. “F— Mexicans.”

and

“The day after the 2016 election, Donnie Jones Jr.’s daughter was walking down a hallway at her Florida high school when, she says, a teacher warned her and two friends — all sophomores, all black — that Trump would “send you back to Africa.”

The district suspended the teacher for three days and transferred him to another school.”
Background Pony #3083
I voted for Trump, and if the Dems nominate any of the current frontrunners will do so again. Stories of increased racism have been overblown and are not enough for me to not vote for the superior candidate.

Might vote for Tulsi if she was nominated though.
byte[]
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Patachu  
You’re a master point-misser.

Compare  
“Trump enacts racist policies and enables racist behavior”

with  
“Trump is racist”

One of these things is currently being argued. The other is not.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Vivace  
do you think there’s another credible candidate so far ?

@byte[]  
what racist policies? borders? removing illegals? that’s not racism, every country does that.

You just got a huge bias because you do not know what racism is.

Trump is not racist.
Background Pony #3083
@byte[]  
this kind of attitude is why the dems lost in 2016

@Vivace  
I’m not implying anything, I’m saying I consider him superior to Sanders, Bloomberg, and Mayor Pete, in my opinion.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I don’t know Scoob, but the mystery of why anyone would think the guy with a history of housing discrimination, still thinks that the first black president couldn’t have been American because there’s no way a black man could have been born on American soil amirite?, thinks that the Central Park 5 should still be behind bars after being found innocent because ‘what would a bunch of black and latino kids doing in a park anyway?’, began his political career by saying that Mexicans were drug dealers and rapists, or publicly said that literal Nazis were “Very fine people” is one mystery we can’t solve.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Vivace

I just edited that in. I kept thinking of new racist TOTALLY EXPLAINABLE AND NOT AT ALL DISCRIMINATORY things about the man off the top of my head.

Wonder how much can be found if I looked back through post history/actual googling.
Background Pony #3083
@Background Pony #E420  
They might, though I think it will be more difficult this time. Calling people racists won’t accomplish the goal there. I think Bloombeeg and Sanders are the weakest of the three, Mayor Pete has the best shot I think. His gun policy I don’t like, but I hope he isn’t focused on it, his lack of experience would be a big weakness though.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Patachu

>posts rebuttal of Trump being TOTALLY NOT RACIST 4 REALZIES by…citing an example of Trump reducing someone to their heritage with an explicitly racial epithet.

Big Brain defense right there.

@Background Pony #A63C

I don’t know man. When 99 villagers says that the last guy is a racist 100 times then:

A) 99 villagers are wrong 100 times

or

B) the last guy did a thing that made 99 villagers call him racist 100 times

If only we had 4 years of hindsight and magical digital data bank containing the entirety of human knowledge and history to call upon to see which is the most likely option.

Or we can just skip all that and look at the last guy’s tweets and see straight from the horse’s mouth.
Background Pony #F53C
@Background Pony #A63C  
I think the primary difficulty the Democrats face is that of a free and fair election.

Trump has openly invited an adversary to interfere in our elections. He has directed illegal census-branded push polling campaigns and is just plain making shit up about nonexistent voter fraud. The strikedown of key provisions of the 1965 VRA allows Republicans to make polling places remote and inaccessible for target Democrat demographics, particularly poor minorities. Florida has instituted a poll tax which affects a large portion of black voters. etc.
Lord Hypno
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Bloomberg is fucking garbage to be honest, slimey bastard trying to buy the election. Also recently revealed to be a racist.

If he gets the DNC nomination then I’m voting for the Green party, for one, I don’t see Bloomberg fixing Trump’s mess in any meaningful manner, and second, I don’t want to help set a standard of people just buying elections. You think you can buy my vote? Think again.

Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar might not be my preferred candidates but at least they aren’t trying to just buy the election and have voters on the ground donating to them.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Dustcan  
So far i see a list of almost all possible sophisms:  
  • unsourced quotes  
  • taking a quote out of its context  
  • cherrypicking  
  • guilt by association  
    instead of accusing Trump of racism like a broken record, or of collusion with russia, or being antisemite, like actual nazis accuse him to be a zionist… what exactly do you expect from the opposite party? That still does not make things advance.  
    take your time, I know it’s hard.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide