Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

That page has a lot of bills relating to a lot of public policy. But I went through the states map and found all of the ones relating to trans youth access to transition care, and found six in total.

Missouri

Illinois

New Hampshire

South Carolina (not criminal) also bars:  
interventions to alleviate symptoms of clinically significant distress resulting from gender dysphoria

Florida

South Dakota (pretty much identical to Florida)

HB 1057 has 43 sponsors. For context, there are 70 seats in the legislative house, and 61% of them are supporting it when one to four are usually required at the bare minimum. If all of them vote for it, the transphobic bill passes the House.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
A Very Stable Genius describes a cabinet meeting in May 2018 where Trump assailed Nielsen in front of about two dozen administration officials over an increase in illegal border crossings. The president was “red faced” and launched an “explosive, extended tirade”, according to the book.

The president furiously berated Nielsen, the authors go on. “Trump was so worked up that some attendees thought he looked manic. Kelly silently shook his head at Nielsen to signal to her to stop engaging with the president. [Jared] Kushner made eye contact with Nielsen and moved his finger across his neck to signal to her to cut it off.”

For the rest of the year, according to the book, Trump’s bullying behavior towards Nielsen continued. He “harassed” her with angry phone calls, sometimes waking her at 5am, and “pestered” her late at night. He often called her after watching the Fox Business host Lou Dobbs complain about illegal immigration and offer wildly unrealistic policy prescriptions.
“The president would routinely call Nielsen to say a version of ‘Did you see Lou Dobbs? You’re totally fucking embarrassing me. This is my issue!’… Sometimes, Trump would refer to one of Dobbs’s proposals and say, ‘Kirstjen, just do it. Just do it.’ ‘But we can’t do it,’ Nielsen would explain, usually because whatever Dobbs had uttered on TV was against the law.”
After one flashpoint, Nielsen called Dobbs and politely offered to help his reporting. Hours later, Trump phoned Nielsen. “Did you call Lou Dobbs?” he asked. She said yes. Trump replied: “That’s great. Lou says you’re very smart!”

I don’t know what’s worse; the year long “red faced…manic…explosive, extended tirades” against a former staffer at 5 a.m., or caring about what Lou Dobbs thinks?

This is your strong man alpha?

Trump became very excited when told he had the power to strike down an anti-bribery law.

In the spring of 2017, Trump was at a briefing with Rex Tillerson, then the secretary of state, and aides in the Oval Office. At the mention of a bribery allegation, Trump “perked up” and told Tillerson that he wanted his help in scrapping the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the authors write.

Trump said that it was “just so unfair that American companies aren’t allowed to pay bribes to get business overseas,” according to the book, “A Very Stable Genius,” by Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig.
“I need you to get rid of that law,” Trump told Tillerson.
Tillerson explained to the president that he could not simply repeal the legislation, according to Rucker and Leonnig. He pointed out that Congress would need to be involved in any effort to strike it down.
Undeterred, Trump told Stephen Miller, a senior policy adviser, to draft an executive action to repeal the law. Tillerson, the authors write, later caught up with Miller in the hallway, where Miller said he had some skepticism about whether that plan for unilateral executive action could work.

Imagine being so against laws that when told you can’t get rid of bribery laws you try to break the law just so you can break more laws.

Oh in some good news for once: you know how Trump wanted Ukraine to open an investigation in order to help his reelection? He didn’t care about the results or anything, he just wanted the soundbite announcements? The very thing that made him go down in history as the third president to be impeached? Well Ukraine is finally opening an investigation…into Trump.

Ahem.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Ereiam  
Do any French people use this site?

Is MLP even popular in France?

I’m surprised that I’ve never seen a Yellow Vest Pony drawing.

I don’t think this one counts:  
full
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The Phase One trade deal is a bust.

The import tariffs are to remain in effect, passing the burden onto US consumers. There is considerable skepticism that China would be able to honor its “200billion” agriculture buying pledge, and even if they did they’d face backlash from the WTO. Avoiding that, and generating artificial demand may drive up costs and drive down prices, hurting farmers more than it would help.

And the IP and tech language? It carries almost no teeth, meaning that China won’t have to make any major moves to stop forced tech transfer.

It is clear that this deal was hashed out quickly in China’s favor so that Trump could have a “win”. A win that was overshadowed by the duel “I’s” of Iran and Impeachment.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I’ll you all something, I wouldn’t be surprised if that Dictatorship defending and fanart hating, (YES, THEY WERE OKAY WITH ALL FANART BE WIPED OF THE FACE OF THE EARTH WHILE ALSO STATING THIS ON A SITE THAT IS KNOWN FOR ITS LOVE OF FANART), BP I fought with on this thread months ago turned out to be some sort of sockpuppet for a shady operation of some kind.

In this day and age of corporate and political warfare, it’s not unheard of for governments and companies to disguise themselves as just another average joe to helped spread misinformation and pervert the public perspective.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
All Senators has been sworn in for the impeachment trial, which will begin Tuesday.

Edit: Delware GOP leader removed from office following anti-Semitic comments in response to her Dear Leader’s impeachment.

Jordan was criticized earlier this month for an anti-Semitic Facebook post in which she denounced impeachment by singling out Jewish people and claiming those who support impeaching President Donald Trump are Jews “in name only,” the Delaware News Journal reported.

Trump’s defense team for his impeachment has been announced. It’s Alan Dershowitz and Kenneth Starr. The lawyers who, amongst other things, helped Epstein get his initial slap on the wrist for pedophilia.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Joe Biden wishes to do away with Section 230:  
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/1/17/21070403/joe-biden-president-election-section-230-communications-decency-act-revoke?__twitter_impression=true

Dumb move Biden, the last thing you want is to piss off the internet community, you’re just giving people more reason to not support you as the one to face off against Trump.

Unlike most EU Citizens who were blissfully unaware of Article 13/17, Americans ain’t so ignorant when it comes to protecting their virtual rights.
NeonThriller

My paranoia is at an all time high, And considering the stakes here, I’m scarred for life  
It’s now clear, When he says he want 230 revoked immediately, I THINK IT’S SAFE TO SAY THAT THE WEB’S DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!!
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

Actually, most American’s are just as, if not more, ignorant of a good 90% of the laws they exist under.

I’m on the fence about this. That section needs changing, because it has been used as a shield by organizations like Facebook and Google to allow them to run shadow lobby campaigns while feigning ignorance. On the flip-side, it is useful as a haven provision that allows for companies to keep feedback visible.

I think the better way would be to amend it so that it is harder for companies to use it unfairly.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Oh Suzie Q, we don’t love you.

Susan Collins has replaced Ol Mitch as the most unpopular senator in their home state.

That is very bad for her, because unlike Mitch, she lacks the deep-seated advantage in a state that has been moving more liberal the past decade or so.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
They should just scrap that entire 1996 law and start from scratch.

As good as 230 is, the rest of the law is peak Boomer nonsense. Born from a time where media and the internet was much, much different.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide