Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Fluttershy Studios  
Since this is a pretty big deal, and hate crime was involved, I doubt that the prosecutor would reduce the grade of the charge.

I’m betting on 20 years personally for most. Though, one of them has a charge [Hate Crime/2+], compared to the others (as seen in Cyborg_pony’s post).

What does that mean, btw?
Valerie Shimmerwing

@HJSDGCE  
The hate crime charges have been substituted for Aggravated Kidnapping (Ransom) as of now and can be seen in the reports I’ve linked to bring information up to date.

As for hate crime, it is a Class 3 or 4 felony for the first offence and Class 2 for more than one offense.

Sec. 12-7.1. Hate crime.

(a) A person commits hate crime when, by reason of the actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or national origin of another individual or group of individuals, regardless of the existence of any other motivating factor or factors, he commits assault, battery, aggravated assault, misdemeanor theft, criminal trespass to residence, misdemeanor criminal damage to property, criminal trespass to vehicle, criminal trespass to real property, mob action, disorderly conduct, harassment by telephone, or harassment through electronic communications as these crimes are defined in Sections 12-1, 12-2, 12-3(a), 16-1, 19-4, 21-1, 21-2, 21-3, 25-1, 26-1, 26.5-2, and paragraphs (a)(2) and (a)(5) of Section 26.5-3 of this Code, respectively.

(b) Except as provided in subsection (b-5), hate crime is a Class 4 felony for a first offense and a Class 2 felony for a second or subsequent offense.

(b-5) Hate crime is a Class 3 felony for a first offense and a Class 2 felony for a second or subsequent offense if committed:

(1) in a church, synagogue, mosque, or other building, structure, or place used for religious worship or other religious purpose;

(2) in a cemetery, mortuary, or other facility used for the purpose of burial or memorializing the dead;

(3) in a school or other educational facility, including an administrative facility or public or private dormitory facility of or associated with the school or other educational facility;

(4) in a public park or an ethnic or religious community center;

(5) on the real property comprising any location specified in clauses (1) through (4) of this subsection (b-5); or

(6) on a public way within 1,000 feet of the real property comprising any location specified in clauses (1) through (4) of this subsection (b-5).

(b-10) Upon imposition of any sentence, the trial court shall also either order restitution paid to the victim or impose a fine up to $1,000. In addition, any order of probation or conditional discharge entered following a conviction or an adjudication of delinquency shall include a condition that the offender perform public or community service of no less than 200 hours if that service is established in the county where the offender was convicted of hate crime. In addition, any order of probation or conditional discharge entered following a conviction or an adjudication of delinquency shall include a condition that the offender enroll in an educational program discouraging hate crimes if the offender caused criminal damage to property consisting of religious fixtures, objects, or decorations. The educational program may be administered, as determined by the court, by a university, college, community college, non-profit organization, or the Holocaust and Genocide Commission. Nothing in this subsection (b-10) prohibits courses discouraging hate crimes from being made available online. The court may also impose any other condition of probation or conditional discharge under this Section.

( c ) Independent of any criminal prosecution or the result thereof, any person suffering injury to his person or damage to his property as a result of hate crime may bring a civil action for damages, injunction or other appropriate relief. The court may award actual damages, including damages for emotional distress, or punitive damages. A judgment may include attorney’s fees and costs. The parents or legal guardians, other than guardians appointed pursuant to the Juvenile Court Act or the Juvenile Court Act of 1987, of an unemancipated minor shall be liable for the amount of any judgment for actual damages rendered against such minor under this subsection ( c ) in any amount not exceeding the amount provided under Section 5 of the Parental Responsibility Law.

(d) “Sexual orientation” has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph (O-1) of Section 1-103 of the Illinois Human Rights Act.  

To quote Illinois Felony Classes Explained:

Class 2  
A Class 2 felony is punishable by three to seven years in prison and fines up to $25,000. Class 2 felonies include arson, and some drug possession (2000 grams but not more than 5000 grams of marijuana), as well as theft of $2,000 to $10,000.

Class 3  
Class 3 felonies carry a prison sentence of two to five years, as well as the $25,000 in possible fines. Examples are aggravated battery, and theft (between $300 and $2,000).

Class 4  
Class 4 felonies are considered the least serious and carry a minimum prison term of one year. Class 4 felonies include aggravated assault, stalking, and some drug possession (30 grams but less than 500 grams of marijuana), and felony DUI.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Capitalism is simply generalized Commodity Production  
End of story  
It’s nothing else but it can be something more
Valerie Shimmerwing

Cases like Covington’s bring up a worrying issue that most would or should be worried about, considering the relative enhancement of race relations today; and that issue is the rise of racism against whites amongst blacks and/or, as I have read somewhere, the rise of pessimism amongst blacks that trust in whites is not possible today. It is disheartening to read sections, as quoted from what I cited, such as  
It is impossible to convey the mixture of heartbreak and fear I feel for him. Donald Trump’s election has made it clear that I will teach my boys the lesson generations old, one that I for the most part nearly escaped. I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people.
Meaningful friendship is not just a feeling. It is not simply being able to share a beer. Real friendship is impossible without the ability to trust others, without knowing that your well-being is important to them. The desire to create, maintain or wield power over others destroys the possibility of friendship. The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous dream of black and white children holding hands was a dream precisely because he realized that in Alabama, conditions of dominance made real friendship between white and black people impossible.
History has provided little reason for people of color to trust white people in this way, and these recent months have put in the starkest relief the contempt with which the country measures the value of racial minorities. America is transfixed on the opioid epidemic among white Americans (who often get hooked after being overprescribed painkillers — while studies show that doctors underprescribe pain medication for African-Americans). But when black lives were struck by addiction, we cordoned off minority communities with the police and threw away an entire generation of black and Hispanic men.

and  
Barack Obama’s farewell address encouraged us to reach across partisan lines. But there is a difference between disagreeing over taxes and negotiating one’s place in America, the bodies of your children, your humanity. Our racial wound has undone love and families, and ignoring the depths of the gash will not cause it to heal.
We can still all pretend we are friends. If meaningful civic friendship is impossible, we can make do with mere civility — sharing drinks and watching the game. Indeed, even in Donald Trump’s America, I have not given up on being friends with all white people. My bi-ethnic wife, my most trusted friend, understands she is seen as a white woman, even though her brother and father are not. Among my dearest friends, the wedding party and children’s godparents variety, many are white. But these are the friends who have marched in protest, rushed to airports to protest the president’s travel ban, people who have shared the risks required by strength and decency.
There is hope, though. Implicitly, without meaning to, Mr. Trump asks us if this is the best we can do. It falls to us to do better. We cannot agree on our politics, but we can declare that we stand beside one another against cheap attack and devaluation; that we live together and not simply beside one another. In the coming years, when my boys ask again their questions about who can be their best friend, I pray for a more hopeful answer.

as the issue from the perspective of blacks–supposing the author Ekow N. Yankah, a professor at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University, represents a significant portion of the black community–is presented to be a lack of trust, which I think is quite true because, while the African-American civil rights movements have brought blacks to the same platform as whites, trust has not been developed in the aftermath, for with every war, there are repairs and, indeed, not much was repaired.
Arcaire
Ten Seconds Flat - Zero to booru hero in under 24 hours.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - :^)
Always Codes Drunk - In the Zone

Systems / Ops Alumni
@patachu  
I literally can’t tell if you’re pro- or anti- NN and it’s annoying me.

Honestly if anyone is unironically anti-NN they deserve sixteen duck badges and I’ll add their IP to the firewall throttle so they can experience what it’d be like when an ISP can arbitrarily choose your per-site bandwidth allotment unless you upgrade to the premium memeium $64.95 entertainment package.
Background Pony #CA36
@patachu
I literally can’t tell if you’re pro- or anti- NN and it’s annoying me.
Honestly if anyone is unironically anti-NN they deserve sixteen duck badges and I’ll add their IP to the firewall throttle so they can experience what it’d be like when an ISP can arbitrarily choose your per-site bandwidth allotment unless you upgrade to the premium memeium $64.95 entertainment package.
I’ll second that. I’m honestly scared about this whole thing, and the fact that it’s already expected to pass the FCC just makes me sick. No one but the IP providers want this thing, but that idiot Ajit Pai is perfectly willing to throw a well functioning system and a decade of progress under the bus to make it happen.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Background Pony #C8EF

If it’s any consolation I was reading an article about the coming vote and it mentioned any time something like this happened before it ended up in court and over ruled. Current internet rules were the first to be upheld by a court in 2015. So the last line of defense will end up in the judiciary system.
Background Pony #CA36
If it’s any consolation I was reading an article about the coming vote and it mentioned any time something like this happened before it ended up in court and over ruled. Current internet rules were the first to be upheld by a court in 2015. So the last line of defense will end up in the judiciary system.
As much as I’d like to hope for that, I’m not at all confident that will be the case here. 2015 was an entirely different government, with an entirely different set of priorities than the current administration’s deregulation-palooza.

@angrybrony  
so is anybody else really nervous about the net neutrality vote?
Yes, extremely. It’s only three weeks away, and with the FCC now having a Republican majority all the early predictions are that it will pass on party lines. I’m finding it very hard to keep from panicking.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Cyborg_pony  
Hah! There’s no way such thing could happen. We’re all well-functioning intellectual adults that can separate cartoons from real life. How would such a thing occur?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide