Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Valerie Shimmerwing
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@patachu  
Actually, both sides are at fault. Consumers have desires, some of which are harmful such as buying fast food, and corporations satisfy them to make a profit off of them to pay for means of subsistence and luxuries, but people aren’t going to stop eating at places such as McDonald’s because their desires can become habits, so it would follow corporations have to be deterred from satisfying the consumers’ desires, it would follow the desires of consumers have to be indirectly regulated by the government, because people are that inclined to follow the bait as had happened throughout history such as the Germans believing the propaganda of Adolf Hilter that had asserted the Jews and the government of the Weimar Republic were responsible for the hyperinflation that was happening in Deutschland and the Russians believing the propaganda of Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili (Joseph Stalin) that had asserted the kulaks, who consisted of most peasants and opponents rather than just prosperous peasants, have to have their food collectivized because they were hogging all the food and were burning the arable land of the USSR, which were committed because of the food quotas that were devastating to the peasantry, but the collectivists nor the public were told this, so they persecuted their targets and caused the Soviet famine of 1932 to 1933.

To condense my point:

Because people can be easily duped, businesses have to be directly regulated to indirectly regulate consumers.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@angrybrony  
the same thing normally. people will move to the company that has the best offer for internet bandwidth and cost.  
and the other company will have to adapt and propose an offer like it always existed.

unles the dumb, and trust me they are the majority, the dumb fucks will fall for an ad like “wow only 9,99/month for Netflix!” but hey on Netschmuck it’s onmy 5,99/mo ( with limited bandwith past a few gigabytes please read outr terms of services good goyim)

what? it’s the true. people are dumb. they buy a new iphone every year. they spend their time and welfare on games. they actually pay for netflix and would pay for youtube or shit just like they pay for shitty DLC. they are so submissive to get fucked they even buy shit like Alexa and GoogleHome, in addition of a smartphone to be spied, and think less.

this is not Trump the problem. this is the dumbed down consumers who don’t think. they get what they deserve, and you should have no mercy for these people, they will move on and still enjoy watching CNN, Slate, Fox News or the HuffingtonPost as the only source of information. oscillating between Tumblr/Facebook/Twitter.

@Fluttershy Studios  
Yes, it’s the consumers who built this. Again, the 3/4 of the population would not understand a word about this conversation. and yes, people can be duped and that’s the problem. Idiocracy is coming closer than you think.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@patachu  
I remember when Apple started doing commercials around the early 2000s which was pretty much them telling the consumer “Hey, buy our product. We look like this. Look at the other people. He doesn’t look fun does he?”

They treated consumers like literal children and a lot bought it hook, line, sucker.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Cyborg_pony  
generally, when someone pretends to change our habits and claim it’s for our own good, …never trust these guys.

for having worked and studied advertising and communication, the idea remains the same to sell a product or a political agenda. the same. and people there are skilled at it. there’s psychology, a lot of psychology to pass a new product or a brand. catchphrases. ideas. memes. butthe craziest thing to consider is that you, as a guy who will plan a campaign of communication. an ad and all, will have a target. you.

yes, you are a target. people are paid to make you cry, make you dream, make you believe shit and lie to you, and want you to remain dumb.

I think if there’s one thing to keep in mind ITT, is how all of this is working with a simple plan; to push people into a spiral of dumbing down, because dumb people are easy to manipulate, and will believe you.

Smart people, people who think are the enemies.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

generally, when someone pretends to change our habits and claim it’s for our own good, …never trust these guys

Stop! I can’t handle so much truth!

Okay, I can, but I know some can’t.
Background Pony #972E
Yo why am I hearing about net neutrality again. I don’t follow the freaking news.
Because the FCC is planning to kill it. Or at least FCC Chairman Ajit Pai is.

Here are a few relevant points.  
The proposal, put forward by the F.C.C. chairman, Ajit Pai, is a sweeping repeal of rules put in place by the Obama administration. The rules prohibited high-speed internet service providers from blocking or slowing down the delivery of websites, or charging extra fees for the best quality of streaming and other internet services for their subscribers. Those limits are central to the concept called net neutrality.
The proposal from Mr. Pai, a Republican, is widely expected to be approved during a Dec. 14 meeting in a 3-to-2 party line vote from the agency’s five commissioners. But some companies will probably put up a legal fight, or actions by lawmakers, to prevent it from taking hold.
The clear winners from the move would be the giant companies that provide internet access to phones and computers, which have fought for years against broadband regulations. A repeal of the rules would allow the companies to exert more control over the online experiences of American consumers.
The New York Times
The move is one of the more significant deregulatory efforts by Republicans since President Trump took office. Ajit Pai, who was nominated to head the FCC by Trump in January, has said undoing the “net neutrality” regulations passed by his predecessor was one of his top priorities.
Those rules were passed in 2015 by a Democrat-led FCC which said it wanted to make sure all content, whether from big or small companies, would be treated equally by Internet providers.
The Washington Post
In short, net neutrality rules treat the internet like a utility, helping to control what consumers are charged and ensuring there is no paid prioritization - where internet service providers would be free to create so-called fast and slow lanes, allowing them to choose whether to block or slow certain websites and to charge more for better quality.
If the rules are dismantled, it will mark a massive win for telecommunications giants, including AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast, the parent company of NBC News. The repeal could allow them to charge subscribers more money for access to certain sites and services.
–NBC News

@Mike  
@Background Pony #55F7
But Ajit Pai isn’t. He thinks cable companies will be fair without it.
Well he would know, seeing as how he once served as an associated general counsel at Verizon.

No conflict of interest there I’m sure.

@patachu  
Obama did nothing, he was a good actor, a cool guy but the same government remained in place.
You have some very weird ideas about what a president is capable of doing.

I mean, I’m sorry Obama was not able to single handedly solve every problem in America, but that’s not something we should expect him to be able to do. Every issue you complained about required a lot more people working on it than just him, and quite frankly there was a good portion of his presidency where the Republican majority opposed pretty much everything he tried to do. It’s one of the major reasons he had so many executive orders, the sheer unwillingness of the other side to work with him on anything.

And he did have accomplishments. Healthcare was a big one, and it still survives despite repeated attempts by Republicans to replace it with something far worse or nothing.
Patachu

@Background Pony #5B89  
thanks for your post, now let’s analyze the sources.  
-The New York Times, owned by AOL Time Warner, the main corporation has been against Net Neutrality and will shill to kick Net Neutrality.  
-NBC and the Washington Post are a part of the group NBC/Comcast/Universal, who also are known to fight Net Neutrality.

You know, I already exposed this shit years ago on 4chan /g/ when the first time it was Obama who was blamed for threatening Net Neutrality and we traced the same shit, who owns who. AT&T with Viacom. Cox and the multitude of local newspapers and sites. Microsoft on NBC. Rupert Murdoch, etc.

now think a bit. don’t go on CNN, Slate, Facebook and think by yourself. What these companies, who literally owns the internet, its infrastructure and sadly, have an influence on its content, through Google, Bing, Amazon, Yahoo, Apple, what kind of point would they lose at changing anything that could make them lose customers to the concurrent company?

All of this is a spook.

I wonder if there’s a word in English to explain this kind of situation, like a guy who wants to fuck you is telling you “Attention! you will be fucked, watch for your ass!”

full  
Wendesday November 22. When Jeb Bush will be elected in 2025, and will place someone at the FCC, we’ll have the same discourse, how the media companies and the news will react despite most sites and social media ARE owned by the same companies.

massive spoilers: in the end, as every time, it’s submitted to a vote, which usually ends into a complete favor of the net neutrality.
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
The funniest thing, is they are causing this “far-right” push,

When some of you guys make sentiment-based decisions as dumb as banning minarets, you will catch the attention of the politicians. Xenophobia within Europe is more widespread than you guys make it seem, and both the xenophobic and “antifascist” components of european society feed each other when it comes to retaliation.  
Countries under the EU have little say what happens in their own country and who does? Some unelected bureaucrat in Germany, and they want to control more of Europe and have an army!

Few of the EU’s “edicts” have an overriding factor. That’s the reason as to why some regions of the EU are wildly different from the rest, such as the “Visegrad Union” of Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic.  
While the EU does have flaws, it is by no means a dictatorship.  
An assessment on the European Commission.
Valerie Shimmerwing

+*Genetic Fallacy

Logical Form:

The origin of the claim is presented.  
Therefore, the claim is true/false.

Example:

Lisa was brainwashed as a child into thinking that people are generally good. Therefore, people are not generally good.

Explanation: That fact that Lisa may have been brainwashed as a child, is irrelevant to the claim that people are generally good.

Exception: At times, the origin of the claim is relevant to the truth of the claim.

I believe in closet monsters because my big sister told me unless I do whatever she tells me, the closet monsters will eat me.  

+*Fallacy of Composition

Logical Form:

A is part of B.  
A has property X.  
Therefore, B has property X.

Example:

Each brick in that building weighs less than a pound. Therefore, the building weighs less than a pound.

Explanation: In the example, it is obvious because weight is cumulative.

Exception: If the whole is very close to the similarity of the parts, then more assumptions can be made from the parts to the whole.
Cyborg_pony

So, anyone remember those 4 that kidnapped a beat the disabled guy?

Apparently the just secretly removed the hate crime, even though under the law itself it was considered.

However a happy ending, if a reddit comment is to be believed:  
They upgraded the charges. Kidnapping is a Class X felony with a mandatory minimum of 6-30 years, and it’s a lot harder to plea down (especially with video evidence) because the burden is all on the defense. If convicted under the “hate crime” statute they could have gotten off with a couple hundred hours of community service. It’s a stupid law anyway. We should be prosecuting people for their behavior, not how they feel or what they think. That’s just Orwellian.

So I hope they get the max 30 for what they did, which was akin to torture.
Valerie Shimmerwing

From the Illinois Compiled Statutes:

(720 ILCS 5/10-2) (from Ch. 38, par. 10-2)

Sec. 10-2. Aggravated kidnaping.

(a) A person commits the offense of aggravated kidnaping when he or she commits kidnapping and:

(1) kidnaps with the intent to obtain ransom from the person kidnaped or from any other person;

(2) takes as his or her victim a child under the age of 13 years, or a person with a severe or profound intellectual disability;

(3) inflicts great bodily harm, other than by the discharge of a firearm, or commits another felony upon his or her victim;

(4) wears a hood, robe, or mask or conceals his or her identity;

(5) commits the offense of kidnaping while armed with a dangerous weapon, other than a firearm, as defined in Section 33A-1 of this Code;

(6) commits the offense of kidnaping while armed with a firearm;

(7) during the commission of the offense of kidnaping, personally discharges a firearm; or

(8) during the commission of the offense of kidnaping, personally discharges a firearm that proximately causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, permanent disfigurement, or death to another person.

As used in this Section, “ransom” includes money, benefit, or other valuable thing or concession.

(b) Sentence. Aggravated kidnaping in violation of paragraph (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of subsection (a) is a Class X felony. A violation of subsection (a)(6) is a Class X felony for which 15 years shall be added to the term of imprisonment imposed by the court. A violation of subsection (a)(7) is a Class X felony for which 20 years shall be added to the term of imprisonment imposed by the court. A violation of subsection (a)(8) is a Class X felony for which 25 years or up to a term of natural life shall be added to the term of imprisonment imposed by the court. An offender under the age of 18 years at the time of the commission of aggravated kidnaping in violation of paragraphs (1) through (8) of subsection (a) shall be sentenced under Section 5-4.5-105 of the Unified Code of Corrections.

A person who has attained the age of 18 years at the time of the commission of the offense and who is convicted of a second or subsequent offense of aggravated kidnaping shall be sentenced to a term of natural life imprisonment; except that a sentence of natural life imprisonment shall not be imposed under this Section unless the second or subsequent offense was committed after conviction on the first offense. An offender under the age of 18 years at the time of the commission of the second or subsequent offense shall be sentenced under Section 5-4.5-105 of the Unified Code of Corrections.
Valerie Shimmerwing

To quote What is a Class X felony in Illinois?:

The Class X felony is, short of first degree murder, the most serious felony offense on the books in Illinois. Upon a finding of guilt, the court cannot sentence the defendant to probation. The offense has a mandatory minimum sentence of 6-30 years in the Department of Corrections. The judge must sentence the defendant to prison.

The only way a defendant can receive probation is if the prosecution agrees to amend the charge (e.g., by reducing the class of felony to a lower grade that allows probation). Because of the mandatory minimum sentence, the prosecution has all the power in negotiations.

Even a first-time offender who has no criminal background is subject to a mandatory prison sentence. It is not a matter of the judge’s discretion in sentencing.
Valerie Shimmerwing

@HJSDGCE  
Yeah, the charge is, for all four perpetrators, a violation of 720 ILCS 5/10-2(a)(1) [Aggravated Kidnapping (Ransom)], so they will serve a mandatory minimum sentence of 6 to 30 years at the judge’s discretion, if the prosecutor doesn’t decide to lower the grade of the charge.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide