Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Mr grump  
Excuse but that has never been the case  
Remember the civil rights movement ?  
Look at all the current social issues right now  
Society is fucked beyond all belief
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Commune  
Society changes and adapts with it’s people. People are not inherently good or bad but are inherently selfish.  
It takes a sense of morality and Idealism to overcome your inherent selfishness but it happens more often then you’d think because while people are inherently selfish almost everyone wants to be good.

Blaming society when it is people who make horrible choices is pointless. Civilization is only as civil as we are.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Mr grump  
People are inherently egoistic, yes  
But as Rousseau pointed out and as well as Kropotkin(albeit for different reasons), early societies practiced mutual Aid and things that would not make sense if we think humans to be entirely selfish

What rousseau pointed out was that Humans have natural love for each their(not motivated by society), it is what drives us to help each other. Kropotkin on the other hand, says it is mutually beneficial to help each other and that this mutual benefit is what gives mutual Aid societies it’s strength

And you are assuming that humans are entirely in control of their environment but as I pointed out, money is something that no one can control  
It is a social relation beyond the grasp of mankind  
This social relation can shape and shift morality, states and people
Valerie Shimmerwing
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Congress better not treat the repairs of Harvey like they treated the repairs of Sandy. Ted Cruz and his lackies stalled the effort to effectively repair New York and other affected states by voting against a relief package and instead voting for a series of funds for projects such as Smithsonian repairs, upgrades to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration airplanes, and Head Start, which the receiving programs found to be insufficient. Repairs must be direct, not indirect, though a $51 billion aid package was quite costly, so they should focus on repairing homes or some other habitats and then consider the importance of repairs for other facilities. The Texans and all others suffering, then on, from hurricanes need rescuing and repairing, not reminding and refunding. No giving disasters more words than their victims like Trump did by tweeting, “HISTORIC rainfall in Houston, and all over Texas. Floods are unprecedented, and more rain coming. Spirit of the people is incredible. Thanks!” but empathetic, heartfelt leadership, not the leadership people like former Republican congresswoman Nan Hayworth support–which is taking credit for FEMA, the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement beginning their work as is standard procedure and not even attempting to describe the victims’ plight–so no “Wow!”, but “We will help in every way that we can to save these people, bring them back to their feet, and finally give our goodbyes to the people and children who died.”
glorycat

@Hypnosryan
You’re thinking of the Tea Party. The alt-right was founded by white supremacist Richard Spencer, who wasn’t part of the ruling class until January of this year.

I hope you’re kidding, because if not you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about at all.

The “alt-right” as we know it today originated on 4chan, more specifically /pol/ (politically incorrect), which was called /new/ (news) back in 2010.

Richard Spencer had absolutely nothing to do with it until very recently, the last year or so really.
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@glorycat  
He’s even wrong about him being a white surprimesist.

He’s a white nationalist, Which is just “I don’t hate you, I just don’t want you in my country.”

Which still isn’t very good, but it’s nowhere near Ghazi Kodo levels of bigotry.
Commune

🚙
@Cyborg_pony  
The reason is due to that an evacuation order would lead to a massive traffic jam and seeing how the flooding basically made the roads non-existent at this point, one can see where he is coming from
Background Human
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

CHS, Class of 20XX
@glorycat  
Dickie Spence founded AlternativeRight.com back in 2010. Before that he was an editor at Takimag, where the term was first used in 2008. Y’all are following in his footsteps, not vicey versey.

@Cyborg_pony  
That’s actually worse. White supremacists don’t mind “lesser” races, as long as they understand who’s in charge. Dickie doesn’t want them around at all. You might say he wants some Lebensraum for white people.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide