Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #FAA3
@Background Pony #FAA3
Pretty sure he hates both candidates. Since they are both old as shit.
Ah, well, I suppose we all have opinions on that. Age doesn’t matter much to me so long as the person can do the job, and I think Biden still can. Trump, conversely, never could and never will be able to.
If we live in the timeline where Biden wins the election by a single vote in Florida of all places I will take back everything I said about our universe’s continuity.
I keep thinking about how hilariously great it would be if Kennedy ended up taking half of Trump’s voters in every red state, and as a result of that Biden won in all 50.
Background Pony #D717
As much as I’m glad to see him convicted, I have a sinking feeling this might backfire, given that Israel/Palestine is probably just going to fracture whatever lead Biden has just enough to let Trump slip through.
I am not ready to be deported for this.
At least some of you guys are American citizens/ live overseas.
Background Pony #7A74
Unless he is jailed or taken out legally in some other way Trump remains a threat. Time is running out if they are going to stop him from running.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Call me selfish, but if it comes to the affairs of another nation, or the protection of democracy in mine, I’ll vote to protect democracy.
Do you think things will be better in the middle east if Trump wins? I will put money on him sending US troops into Palestinian, or drone strikes. A wasted 3rd party vote will probably get more Palestinians killed, and cause even more strife in the middle east.
Trump has already said that “Israel isn’t doing enough” and wants to deport Muslims. You’re falling right into Trump’s and the GOPs trap.
What will your conscious say when even more US bombs rain down in the middle east?
Background Pony #7A74
@igotnopicks
Well, it would severely hamper him and hopefully turn enough people against him, costing him the election. But again, time is running out. If he is to be stopped from running it has to happen soon.
Background Pony #7A74
@Terton
One can hope someone at Boeing gives him some tea or shows him the view from a very nice window in New York.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Zincy
Yeah, if there’s one thing most of the politicians on both sides agree on, it’s the support for Israel unfortunately, and I wouldn’t be surprised if even the 3rd parties threw in their support as well on their platform.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I can’t afford to “vote on my conscious” about far flung shit.
I’ve got to put food on the table, and protect me and mine, and that’s as far a field my voting is going to go.
I’m a federal employee, as is the misses. I’ll vote for the party that is most likely to keep me and mine employed. The misses is a vet, and I’ll vote for the party that will keep the VA funded. And I’m an LGBTQ+ person and member of an alternate religion, so imma vote for the party that won’t send me to the camps.
I feel for those people dying, I really do. But I cannot afford to “vote with my heart”.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
It’s not comfort, it’s preventing more suffering here at home.
Do you have any idea what living in a fascist state is like? You’ll find out real quick if Trump gets back in and the GOP are able to get away with that “project” of theirs.
You have no idea what’s coming if you think it’s only about “feeling more comfortable”.
The death of democracy is not a fiction and has happened before. Make no fucking mistake about that.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Penguin Dragneel
Sadly, I think Trump will benefit by you not voting Biden. Third parties almost never wins, so in practice voting third party is akin to voting for Trump. We live under extreme circumstance, and voting wrong will be worst than feeling bad about who you vote for. Take it from a conservative who’s going to vote for Biden because I don’t want Trump to fuck any more people over, including LGBT+ people like you. Better to feel guilty for choosing the lesser of two evils if it means you get to live and try to improve your country.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
At this point in time, there are only two candidates that can be realistically expected to gain over 40% of the vote.
That effectively means any vote not for one directly helps the other.
This isn’t a system where protest voting does anything other than help one of the candidates.
We’re in a situation where you have to chose between dying of gangrene or amputating a limb. Doing nothing or taking an aspirin isn’t going to help. So, assuming you actually want to live, grin and bear and grab the bonesaw.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Moonflower of Peace
Honest to god, shit like this is why there needs to be a fucking overhaul with the government. When the main choices for president come down to a genocidal pig and a more overtly genocidal (and bigoted) pig, then that’s a sign that maybe we should stop letting these old bastards run the damn country.
If it comes down to it, I’ll pick the lesser of two evils, and I don’t blame anyone else for going down that route as well. But I am fucking sick and tired of these decisions being made by dipshits who were raised in an era where segregation was considered “A gOoD tHiNg.”
Background Pony #7A74
Vote for Biden. Don’t run Putin’s errand and vote for Trump or Kennedy. Russia/China will use all sorts of social issues to cause division. America is under immense pressure now, I hope it can weather the coming storm.
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Completely agree. Biden sucks and I’m sick of having to vote for the lesser of two evils. Electoral College needs to gtfo and something better put in place. Instant runoff voting or similar needs to be the law for elections at all levels. That way I can stop.
Now, as for my own thoughts about folks staying home or voting third party to spite Biden. First, in my own experience, I think the number of accelerationist leftists who are actually going to do so is proportionally small.
Most of the arguments breaking out over on Bluesky involve my leftist comrades who absolutely are going to vote for Biden, but are complaining about having to and how shit he is. They’ve clarified multiple times they are planning to vote for him in November, but that doesn’t stop liberals from flooding their mentions with threats of Trump putting them in camps. Like, one straight up said the quiet part out loud: They care more about people being excited for Biden than actually voting for him, and they take it as a personal insult when people who vote for him out of necessity complain.
Heading into November, this is what I have advocated: If you live in a state that is really red or really blue, where your vote is extremely unlikely to affect the outcome, you are excused from voting Biden this year - but I heavily recommend showing up to vote Dem on the downballot if the local races are competitive. If you live in a swing state, you’ll not have the option. Try to see it more as a vote against Trump instead of a vote for Biden.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Penguin Dragneel
I’m not arguing against fixing a broken system and burning the rot away, but getting to that point requires keeping the man who wants to replace that system with a dictatorship out of office.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide