Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
Is it weird that I have a little bit of a boner after that speech? Whoever wrote that thing deserves a raise, a bonus, and possibly a Ferrari.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
It seems like Progressives are more likely to pile on Biden than The Alt-Right is in the immediate aftermath of the Union Address.
Once again, there’s reasons to criticize Biden but they need to focus on finding and helping enact solutions for the better.
They can’t just sit there and rant 24/7.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The speech itself was fine while addressing the issues of his age and what he’ll do about the economy in particular.
Based on the conversations I engage with in my social circles, I think a lot of the anger is coming from queer leftists in particular, because they felt straight up insulted when Biden said “I have your back” on trans rights. Since as far as they can tell, he’s sat back and done little to nothing as red states across the country strip away their rights, force them to uproot their homes and move. Many have become homeless, and there’s been at least three high profile murders of trans people - two in the US and one in the UK. It’s good to see the Department of Education has opened an investigation into the Owasso School District in Oklahoma, but it feels like too little, too late.
I will be voting for him under duress in November, for the sole reason that he needs to win Wisconsin to win reelection, and it’s going to be by razor thin margins that could make my vote a deciding factor. But many of my queer friends are demoralized and disengaged, because they have learned they will suffer regardless of who is President. Big corporations will keep folding like wet napkins to boycott threats from Christofascist terrorists, red states will keep making life Hell for them (and increasingly ending it altogether), and Biden is (far as I know) continuing to push for KOSA - which could drive most queer content off social media sites and beyond as we are once again labeled “harmful to minors.” All while he continues to provide arms and money to a rogue apartheid state as it commits genocide and whose soldiers joke about it on Tik Tok.
So yeah, the point is, I think us lefties and queerfolk are entitled to our anger and frustration, because we HAVE been calling for solutions, and up til now have been ignored, talked over, even yelled at for rocking the boat.
And I get it, we account for a relatively small slice of the electorate that won’t necessarily carry Biden to a second term, so he can afford to ignore us. Really he’s gotta focus more on the low information voter whose only understanding of the election is that prices were low under Trump, and now they’re high under Biden. THEY will be the deciding factor in this race.
midob

E9th, C6
So, a few months ago the local council, in their infinite wisdom decided to make a road on my commute a “low traffic neighborhood” (blocked off with bollards). It was a wide, road with good visibility.
Now all traffic is diverted via a busy narrow road directly outside a school, with houses opposite the school; accidents happen there weekly.
Who in their right mind comes up with this shit?
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Who in their right mind comes up with this shit?
If I had to hazard a guess, probably selfish NIMBY types who know people on the council (if they didn’t get themselves voted in there) and take undue advantage of their influence to screw over the rest so they’re no longer inconvenienced by traffic nuisances.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Oh man, they are going to have to watch a lot of One Piece to make it up to Hasanabi after this.
Ronna McDaniel has officially stepped down as the RNC Chairperson. Lara Trump, Donald’s daughter-in-law, has assumed the role.
Trump’s takeover of the GQP is complete. Let’s hope Lara was telling the truth when she said “Every penny” of the RNC will go to Trump’s legal fees. Not only is there not much there (after Trump already drained it), but as Trump is now a declared candidate for president it will br illegal to pay his fees and the RNC will lose what little money it has in fines.
And also leave Republicans across the country with no assistance in their own races.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The US has air dropped some relief aid into Gaza. The packages landed on and killed 5 and injured 10.
Yeah, sometimes you can’t even call it a metaphor when the analogy is just too on the nose.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Every word of this is true.
In this particular case it was from a stream where he had a Houthi militant on and one of the first and only questions he asked was, no joke, “Do you watch One Piece?”
He spent the rest of the stream soying over him and praising him as “[You’re] just like Luffy!”
I believe this was after the Houthis had already killed people so yeah.
Trump has managed to post his bail for the E Jean Carroll case after an insurance company covered for him.
Well, they ain’t getting that money back.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I’ve learnt that the Alt-Right gets triggered if you say the following:
“If it’s easier to get a Rocket Launcher than an Abortion, something is seriously wrong with your society.
midob

E9th, C6
@Ereiam
My thoughts exactly.
People shouldn’t buy houses on busy roads if they don’t like the idea of passing traffic 🤷
I guarantee house prices on that road have gone through the roof since it was implemented.
Corrupt councillors helping themselves and their mates.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
As foreign secretary in the Lloyd George ministry, he issued the Balfour Declaration of 1917, which supported a “home for the Jewish people”.
Yeah, protesting Israel’s current/past actions or their system of government is fair game. But you’re not going to get too many sympathizers by protesting Israel’s very existence.
Well, maybe you will, but there’s a high chance those types hate Israel for who they are rather than what they do.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Arguing that the creation of Israel as a Jewish ethnostate was an inherently bad idea that required mass displacement of people already living there isn’t bigotry. It was an act of Western colonialism, and about as good an idea as it was to sending former American slaves to live in Liberia.
Honestly I’d have been more upset had the painting not been related to something to do with Israel. Least it’s on-topic.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan
The existence of a state is nothing to freak out about until you find out that the state itself claims that in order to exist, it must do the things it do.
Hypothetically, if there is a land named Israel with 100% jewish ppl who aren’t doing anything but vibing and minding their own bidnis, then yes, to hate its existence would count as antisemitic.
But when a state claims to be literally fighting for its existence and it MUST do whatever it is they’re doing right now to survive and is being backed up by the world’s superpowers using their taxpayers’ money…
Then idk. Maybe such a state shouldn’t exist. But that’s just me.
Am I okay with a land for the global jewish community to call home, a land named Israel? Yes
With said land being in the Levant? Yes
With its territory reaching all the way from river to sea? Yes
Am I okay with it treating its non-jewish residents as garbage criminals vermin? No.
With it denying equal civic rights to said non-jewish residents? No
With it segregating said residents into ghettos, putting it under martial law, surveil it by the most advanced CIA shit, its residents prone to disappearing and arrested for fuck-all reasons? Fuck no.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
In a pleasantly surprising move, Virginia passed a law to enshrine and protect gay marriage even if the Supreme Court or Congress overturned it.
It passed with slight bipartisan support (all the dems and a handful of Republicans) and after a bit of faffing by Sweater Vest TM he still ultimately signed it into law.
It does, however, inculde a caveat of “religious organizations” being able to refuse to perform weddings. However, it prevents state and local officials from denying marriage licenses or marriage services. Meaning you won’t have any rogue state employees refusing to issue licenses because of “held religious beliefs” bullshit.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Despite being a “southern state,” extreme right-wing stuff doesn’t fly here at the state level.
No statewide offical can win without running up numbers in NOVA, Norfolk, Richmond, and Roanoke, all of which tend toward the middle and left. Those 4 regions (if you include the whole “Valley” of Roanoke, Salem, Radford, Blacksburg, and Christansburg) contain over 80% of our population.
So, outside of a few bumpkins in the House, most VA politicians are of the more moderate side of their parties.
There are some further left folk, particularly in NOVA, but even they’re sort of scaled back a bit.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In that case, if Governor Youngkin is going to want to win a second term, he’ll need to back away from the “parents’ rights” shit he campaigned on when he first got elected, now that it’s been exposed for what it is.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide