Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Mitch McConnell has announced that he will be stepping down as Senate Republican Leader this November. Likely meaning that regardless of who wins the Senate this year, he will not be Senate Majority Leader.
Background Pony #1F81
@Dustcan
I think that was just an urban legend that got debunked ages ago
I remember someone uploaded a video of them playing the original German version of the game to YouTube and getting the Good Ending, which involved the chapter with the concentration camp and the Nazi stuff
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Given how Republicans are poised to win the Senate purely based off the seats in play for the elections, whoever is going to be in that position is going to be the main obstructionist for the next 4 years.
A rabid badger at this point would be more sane than whoever is going to be allowed to get that seat.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I wouldn’t really say “poised” since the dem incumbents in Montana and Ohio are both polling well above all their potential rivals. And Wisconsin, Arizona, and Pennsylvania will likely go whichever way the presidential election goes.
And Maryland is being overhyped. Hogan may have been a popular governor but that doesn’t always translate to other offices. Plus, a major abortion amendment will be on the ballot at the same time, which will boost dem and independent/lib turnout.
Really, only West VA is a lost cause.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Vivace
Kinda surprised he actually did, TBH, I was fully expecting they’d have to pry the position away from his cold, dead hands.
Like #D717 said, however, now the question is whether the GQP will manage to find someone even worse to fill in his shoes.
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

This article basically lays out what needs to happen in order to counter all the MAGA death cult propaganda that’s spoonfed to MAGA conservatives; rather than focusing on the message (you can talk about facts to these people all you want and they’ll just ignore you), focus on the way the message is delivered.
Basically have a different kind of messenger, someone they know, or at least someone who looks like they’d be someone they’d know (a fellow southern dude) talk about Drumpf like he’s not in their best interest by arguing about how he abuses their kind of ideals (“loyalty, trust and community”). Also appeal to their patriotism and use humor to reach out to them by cracking jokes.
It’s similar to the kind of strategy you use to get a kid to eat his broccoli by smothering cheese all over it or how you get a kid to talk about their feelings by having them talk to a hand puppet instead of a grownup.
MAGAts are already convinced that “dem ebil commie woke libruls” are their enemies and the only way to reach out to them is to appeal to their emotions rather than just facts by using the above-mentioned strategies.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
“Worse” is a term that’ll need some qualifying when it comes to McConnell.
His entire career is a case of ‘Bothering by the Book’ when it comes to procedure, only to be like “Their more like guidelines than rules” when it comes time for him/his party to force something through. Combined with Dem’s Liberal ComplicityTM, this allowed him to be an incredibly effective legislator.
But MAGA is just plain crazy. They can’t be patient, they are unable to flatter and compliment, they can’t play the long game, and all around unable to use dogwhistles correctly. They suck at legislating, so this makes it easy for even Democrats to call bull on their policies and thus oppose it.
For a long time McConnell could run the Senate even as the Minority Leader just by taking advantage of loopholes and decorum. MAGA needs a numerical advantage just because they are too stupid to read in between the lines.
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It comes back to the basics of deprogramming, undoing cult brainwashing and deeply indoctrinated beliefs by essentially considering the person to be incapable of rational thought and having to hold their hand all the way.
The process is very difficult when someone is so far gone that they instinctively lash out to ingrained trigger words and have so many mental shortcuts and talking points ready to throw at you that it just… feels all hopeless.
In the end, there are some which are just too far gone, and they’re being primed to explode at a moment’s notice. There is a matter of national security at play here.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The NY appellate court has slapped down Trump’s appeal for the $350-450 million dollar fraud case.
In order to appeal a case, the defendant has to put forward a percentage or totality of the fine they are charged with. Trump, a multi-billionaire (heavy citation needed), tried to only put up $100 million. The appellate court told him no, it has to be the full near half billion or else he can’t appeal.
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

His lawyers had a 1800 pages long argument as to why he shouldn’t have to pay the bond, apparently. Credit where it’s due, even if they used ChatGPT (cause why not) it’s still a pretty impressive amount of bullshit.
And again, if your client is still arguing in bad faith and throwing threats around at the judge, it’s pretty hard to claim that the punitive damage is “excessive”.
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The most likely scenarios are that he doesn’t pay for the appeal and continues playing shell games to shift proprieties around to avoid having them seized, the kind of trickery an experienced conman with an army of “criminal” lawyers would have, or that an “unknown benefactor” posts the bond at the eleventh hour to cause further delays.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
As far as I understand, they either keep it until A) Trump takes it back or B) if Trump doesn’t take it back then the courts just put it towards paying off his fine.
Considering how Option A will still end up as Option B in practice, Trump is unlikely to be keeping that $100 mil for long regardless.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Trump has been removed from the Illinois primary ballot per a judge’s ruling.
Of course this is pending the SCOTUS determination of whether the Constitution means anything, a case they’ll rule on… eventually. Maybe.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Well the Supreme Court is going to listen to Trump’s case about having immunity in April. Gee I wonder how that is going to go?
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I’m currently thinking about the truth told by Israel, about Gazan children and minors: that they’re not innocent, that they’re future terrorists.
Is true.
13000 children dead, hundreds of children have lost limbs, thousands have seen dead relatives and friends, and hundreds of thousands of children starving and sick.
You got 8yos breadwinners because their other male relatives are incapacitated or disabled.
You got anecdotes of 5yo boys explicitly saying they’d rather die than suffer. suicidal 5yos, how about that.
Israel is right. In Gaza there is villain backstory playing out in every single one of them children.
Villains that world superpowers could still try to undo, but won’t. They will be Villains that we help make.
I guess we kill em all before that happens? After all, Israel MUST live no matter the cost. Right?
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
I guess we kill em all before that happens? After all, Israel MUST live no matter the cost. Right?
I mean, the international community kinda decided that back when they forcibly carved a Jewish state out of a region that wanted nothing to do with Jews.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

And now the international community, especially the global south is wondering why a particular superpower is consistently preventing them from doing
@Kazapsky
That is not an entirely accurate statement.
Jews have lived in the region as citizens of various nations as minorities. The communities have considered the jews as locals, but jewish.
That drastically changed and the animosity and antisemitism got amplified when the international community decided to go ahead with the Zionism project. Israel basically ignited dormant antisemitism in the region.
Point is, it’s not like they DIDN’T want anything to do with jews, since they used to consider arab speaking jews living there to be locals anyway.
An analogy; MUSLIMS. How many times have you heard western pundits asking if muslims are loyal to the nations they’re local to? Especially after the idea of a modern caliphate got brought up
Muslims DON’T have a muslim-land-for-all-muslims-free-citizenship-no-passport-needed country, btw.
I got asked if I is loyal to SAUDI one time.
nyugga I draw hijab hentai and I aint even from there! I aint loyal to shit!
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Well, the international community does average like twice a year a UN vote to tell Israel to stop it’s rampant human rights abuse, but America is there every time to be the sole vote protecting them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide