Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
And people will be like “but mah taxes”.
Like bitch, we already pay high ass taxes in the US, even in red states. I’d rather my tax dollars go to building shelters and buying food for the needy rather than blowing up brown people in some far flung desert.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The 40s through 70s had much higher corporate and wealth taxes than we do now and conservatives claim those were the “glory days”.
When everyone pays their fair share, we all prosper.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Okay, looking at pictures from last night’s weird Newsom/DeSantis debate…
Does DeSantis have some sort of palsy? Seriously, his facial expressions go beyond “doesn’t understand human emotions” straight into “pretty sure has neurological problems” territory.
I’m not even joking or trying to be funny, some of them actually do look like facial ticks.
Vortaxonus

@Zincy
@Angrybrony
I definatly know that a major if not the main reason for our current debt crisis is due to the various conservative administrations (such as the trump and nixon ones) giving the aforementioned rich tax breaks among other things.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
With a vote of 311-114, Santos is now the 6th member of Congress - 3rd since the Civil War - to be expelled.
105 Reps joined all Dems to cut the turd lose.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
For fun I dug through the research, polling data, votes, and rhetoric to do the GOPs job and craft what would, generally, be the most moderate stance on abortion they could take.
While a pretty sizeable majority of Americans (between 55 - 62% depending on the measure) support abortion access, only a minority of that group support fully unrestricted access.
A restriction of 23 weeks, with exceptions for rape, incest, and the health of the mother. (The average ranges between 20 and 25 weeks, so slapping it in the middle).
No felony or criminal charges for the mother or the doctor for just performing the procedure (polling and research show that huge majorities oppose criminal liability for the mother and doctor, but civil liabilities haven’t really been polled much.)
And increased funding for adoption services and natal care. (Again, huge majorities support this).
That position right there would plop you right in the middle of the bell curve.
The GOP however cannot do it, because an impressive 35ish % of their voting base oppose anything that is not a full ban.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
It’s being reported that Santos’ name plaque has been removed from his Congressional office and the door’s locks has been changed.
For a system infamously slow to do anything, they sure couldn’t wait to get rid of him. I’m having a hard time disagreeing though.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

Dating gurus really be turning people into objects to be manipulated on both sides of the board.
@Poison Trail
Well armed forces recruiters aren’t meeting their mark recently…
(The recruiters would kick me out when I say “so when do we liberate Palestine and gtfo out of the Middle East?”)
I’m a bit late but what would your honest reaction be if someone told you the US was going to legit liberate Palestine?
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
A restriction of 23 weeks, with exceptions for rape, incest, and the health of the mother. (The average ranges between 20 and 25 weeks, so slapping it in the middle).
Wasn’t that literally the abortion law pre-Dobbs? The abortion law pre dobbs was 24 weeks and after that states can legislate as they wish
So it’s unlikely that the GOP would adopt this position when it’s the position they have fought against for like half a century
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Precisely, they would drive off their base.
Hence their dilemma. The GOP literally cannot adopt an actually popular moderate position as they’ve backed themselves into a corner.
People have been making the “dog chasing a car” comparison to the post Dobbs GOP. But I think it doesn’t go far enough.
Not only does the dog now have no idea what to do since it caught the car, said car is now actively reversing towards it.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
You know I’ve seen a lot of stats thrown around about how real median wages in the US are higher than pre-pandemic and yet many people are still miffed at the state of the economy and while I’m not certain why, I have a few theories
  1. Wealth inequality. Basically, for those who are doing well, they are doing especially well, while for those who aren’t, it really isn’t going well and as a result it just balances out in the stats
  2. While wages have generally caught up with inflation, for several important necessities, the rate of inflation for those individual products are way higher than the general rate of inflation and wages haven’t caught up. A key example is housing where housing prices have fucking skyrocketed since the pandemic started(in Singapore this is especially bad), so while generally, wages have caught up with inflation, for several individual important necessities, it’s not enough
@Zincy
Honestly from the stats I read, many Americans don’t agree with the 24 week limit either and would be ok with a lower limit, just more of a 15-16 week limit rather than a 6 week limit
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It “Bothsided” the issues despite the overwhelming proof that one side of the political spectrum is clearly more comfortable in it’s embrace of disinformation and propaganda while normalizing those engaging in criminal activities on their behalf.
I get that they don’t want to be the ones targeted by extremists, but it does make for a tone-deaf discussion that conveniently ignores the elephant in the room that’s foaming at the mouth and waiting for the call to strike.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The first female SCOTUS Justice, Sandra Day O’Connor, has passed away at 93.
She had a lengthy 25-year term. In that time, she was the tiebreaking vote to stop the infamous Florida 2000 recount, stealing the election for Bush over Gore.
She was also a critical vote to prevent the overturning of Roe v. Wade the first time Republicans came for it. But her eventual Republican replacement, Alito, voted to get rid of it later anyways.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide