Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@AaronMk
Eco’s Ur-Fascism is so psychological in its explanation, abstracting from class and even politics in general, that’s it’s borderline worthless
@YourPalContrail
Fascism doesn’t exist due to individual views but because it’s a social movement which finds its support because its political programme does benefit the individuals involved
Maybe a few individual fascists can be swayed, but the vast majority overall can’t be. Fascism inherently draws itself from the middle class, the petit bourgeois, as to preserve their middle class status in society which is unstable, and so they take it out on minority groups to establish a form of caste system so as to better secure their status
@Violet Rose in The Rain
First of, it’s literally a pamphlet, it’s just a page
Secondly, bigotry and authoritarianism has existed since time immemorial. Would you consider George Wallace’s presidential campaign “Segregation Now, Segregation Tomorrow, Segregation Forever” to be a fascist movement? What about Nixon? Huey Long? All of them are despotic and full of bigotry, but one wouldn’t call it fascist. Fucking hell, a lot of that list could also be attributed to the Fatah-led Palestinian Government(again I’m not calling them fascist, just showing how the list is very much wrong in many aspects)
As for your question, the Russo-Ukrainian war is a capitalist war, an imperialist war. Russia is the main aggressor of course, but still a war between capitalist states
@Ciaran
Trey Sesler who shot up his family was an anime reviewer, Brenton Tarrant referenced an anime meme during his mass shootings, and because I feel like being mean, Adam Lanza was a pedophile so he probably viewed loli as well
We only got Stair and Hale, they can cope more
Edit: Fuck there’s also the FedEx shooter who was a brony
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Would you consider George Wallace’s presidential campaign “Segregation Now, Segregation Tomorrow, Segregation Forever” to be a fascist movement?
Yes.*
I’m sorry, were you expecting any other answer from me? You throw around buzzwords like “the government is paleo-conservatist and thus not fascist” and expect to be taken seriously?
We’re seeing more money and power get concentrated into major private corporations along with the loss of privacy like the abolishment of Roe V Wade and what’s going on in Florida (Don’t Say Gay, for one) and all you can say is, “durr, not Fascist because I said so.”
* Edit: So I did some skimming on what he did. Flipping on his policies on integration just because he lost one election against someone who had the blessing of the KKK shows he’s a opportunist piece of shit. That really doesn’t make it any better.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Violet Rose in The Rain
George Wallace’s segregationist campaign was not fucking fascist lmao(your edit doesn’t change my point, an individual’s viewpoints has nothing to do with the social movement they represent)
Once again it’s this conflation of authoritarianism with fascism that is completely ridiculous
We’re seeing more money and power get concentrated into major private corporations along with the loss of privacy like the abolishment of Roe V Wade and what’s going on in Florida (Don’t Say Gay, for one) and all you can say is, “durr, not Fascist because I said so.”
More money and power being concentrated into private corporations is a truism for capitalism at every point of its existence, this has nothing to do with fascism, as for loss of privacy, how is that fascist either? The fucking Obama administration engaged in mass surveillance of US civilians, and the repeal of Roe V Wade has been championed by conservatives since Roe V Wade was enacted
Again, what’s exactly fascist about these measures? None of these are anything new under capitalism
You can consider something terrible without considering it fascist. Communist Czechoslovakia was an authoritarian hellhole that forcibly sterilized Romani women, repressed workers rights and engaged in mass surveillance of its populace. But it wasn’t fascist, as horrible as it was
Violet Rose in The Rain

I’m done.
You wanna split hairs over what counts as Fascism and what isn’t according to some arbitrary criteria you haven’t even told me about till now? Scream into the void.
I’ll be here, watching as my mental health worsens while transgender people serve as the canary in the coal mine and America becomes a Fas- oh, I’m sorry, white supremacist and right-wing nation that strips people of its rights.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Catholic schools get swatted
Now this is crossing the line. O top of that there’s been a rash of other schools getting “swatted”. All after the Nashville one.
And a bunch of Russia news:
Russia to take lead of UN security council
Yeah you heard that right. Putler will be taking control of it soon. They better find a way to stop them.
Russia threatens Finland and Sweden over joining NATO
No surprise here. Let Putler throw a fit over it. Just means he gets Article 5’d faster.
China to help Russia block Youtube
And VPN’s will be right after it. Can’t have those anti war and truth videos available to Russian citizens you know.
Oh and you know that security service building that exploded? It may have been them trying to take apart a Ukrainian suicide drone to examine it.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I believe private and religious schools should be made illegal and taken over by states. They’re a drain on educational resources and serve only to pander to rich people who don’t want their kid to interact with poor or non-white peoples.
I can’t think of any other country besides America where private and religious schools exist. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Zaknel
That’s because more resources are devoted to the individuals. Ain’t got nothing to do with religion, public schools just lack adaquate resources to compete.
I was homeschooled, and scored so high on my GED I was awarded a high-school diploma and a special award in Jobcorps, it was the highest score of all their past attendants.
Not that the GED or outperforming a bunch of kids from broken homes is that hard. Also anyone in Florida who scores >3000/4000 gets the highschool diploma.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I can’t think of any other country besides America where private and religious schools exist. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Australia. There’s a private K-12 school (or whatever you want to call it) a short drive down my local arterial.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Eco’s Ur-Fascism is so psychological in its explanation, abstracting from class and even politics in general, that’s it’s borderline worthless
Umberto Eco Not Writing Nonfiction That Won’t Be An Unrepairable Distraction Challenge (impossible)
Violet Rose in The Rain

I said I was done with the whole discussion of “what is Fascism” but my friend had something to say.
I mean, if we’re playing devils advocate Fascism is just one strain of right-wing authoritarianism since it existed long before Mussolini or Hitler. Buuut in practice it tends to lead towards the same results irregardless of the actual ideological nuances involved, so at this point it’s kind of splitting hairs whether you’re a theocratic conservative authoritarian or a literal fascist when it’s the same means to the same end.
Violet Rose in The Rain

A conservative nonprofit group founded by former Trump administration Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said it poured about $9 million into state elections last year, backing nearly 200 candidates. Now, some of those candidates are pushing a wave of legislation boosting DeVos’ longtime goal: subsidizing private schools with public dollars.
Using at least $2.5 million from DeVos and her husband, the American Federation for Children has played a pivotal role in getting what supporters call “school choice” policies passed into law in at least three states and introduced in several more, according to current and former GOP legislators, lobbyists for teachers unions and academics.
Hey, let’s play a hypothetical scenario. If we’re having a pie-baking competition and I steal some of your fresh ingredients to make my own pie and get first place, can I truly say I won the competition?
Zaknel
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
I thought it was common knowledge that public schools are primarily funded through local property taxes. I also thought there were only 720 billionairea in the US, not enough for every district. But of course, it’s gotta be greedy people’s fault. Not the fact that government funded public schools WILL perservere regardless of their failure rate, whereas a private school will lose its paying customers if that happens.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!

In digital purgatory
@Zaknel
I didn’t assume either way. It would have been more correct for me to say that they just have more resources to allocate to students, rather than much in the way of special curriculum.
Usually religious schools you can get away with knowing less of the standard curriculum depending on how well your theology studies go. This makes more sense than it seems, when a lot of them are going into theology positions.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Why do you think the failure rate is higher?
It’s not because private schools are inherently better because they are private, but because they are better funded.
Adequately fund public education and you will put it on par with any private institution.
Moreover, it’s a good thing to have a guaranteed place to receive an education. Private schools are not everywhere, and are in fact rather limited in number. And if you subject them to market forces their numbers in certain areas could drop even further.
Public education fills the gap and ensures that even far-flung rural places have some form of education.
Better funding, better access to resources, and higher pay for public teachers and administrators would go a long way to helping.
The “market” and private sector forces are not always the answer to every question. There are places where the market is a better option, and places where the government is the better.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide