Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Let’s take guns out of the picture for a second.
The US is the only country in the modern world where this happens on the reg. In fact, we are several orders of magnitude ahead of our the next first world nation in terms of mass shootings, and one of the only first world nations where school shootings happen.
This indicates that there is something unique to America that is triggering these shootings.
So, regardless of the ultimate cause, it is most definitely because we are fucking up somewhere and something is absolutely broken.
Also, per CNN
“Firearms were the leading cause of death among children and adolescents in 2021, for the second year in a row, according to a CNN analysis of data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Firearms first surpassed motor vehicle crashes as the leading cause of death for children and adolescents in 2020, after a sharp increase in the first year of the pandemic. Deaths from both firearms and motor vehicle crashes increased again in 2021, CDC data shows.
In 2021, at least 4,733 children and adolescents ages 1 to 19 died from firearms. That’s a 9% increase from the year before, representing nearly 400 more deaths. About 4,300 children and adolescents died from motor vehicle crashes in 2021.
About a tenth of all firearm-related deaths in the United States were among children and adolescents.
Additional analysis from the University of Michigan Institute for Firearm Injury Prevention shows that firearm injuries, motor vehicle crashes and drug poisonings represent nearly half of all deaths among children and adolescents.”
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy
There are a lot of possible contributing factors that could be pointed to. But we’re not going to do anything about any of them, because that would require acknowledging that our country could be improved in some way.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
You want to know why the semi automatic rifle, specifically designed to put lots of lethal ammunition downrange as quickly as one can pull the trigger, and can be augmented with various magazines to carry up to 20+ shots, that is designed for ease of use and is commercially available, is good at causing mass killings?
Tis a fuckin mystery man. I have no idea what about its design is so good at causing mass killings. The world may never know.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
It would be the first mass shooting known to be perpetrated by a trans person.
Guess all trans are mass shooters now.
it really is disheartening to see that shitstorm. Clearly being trans doesn’t make one become a serial murderer. but the climate the United states is in its like people shut off their brain an go to the easiest scapegoat when investigating further into motives is necessary.
Already happening. Just browse through the comments on this Twitter post. And there’s plenty more on there. As for Gab? LOL “false flag” posts abound since the shooter is seen wearing 2 different pairs of shoes at different times (and because Christian schools wouldn’t let trans people attend).
But there’s also posts like this on there too:
And have video of the actual takedown. The Uvalde PD should take a lesson from this.
YourPalContrail
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

high altitude cloud pone
I mean I’m not trying to offend you it just sounded in the way you framed the statement that armalite made the rifle specifically commit mass shootings. sorry if there was a misinterpretation, I just don’t appreciate the snark. after all neither one of us want innocent people to die, none of us do.
Background Pony #1D40
@CaptainXtra
The surveillance bullshit must end. I don’t think anyone likes to be watched. If a politician started using freedom from surveillance as a platform, they could get a lot of popularity cheaply. But I haven’t heard about US politicians doing this and I don’t understand why. In Europe we at least have pirate parties and such.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
I’m concerned about this shooting spawning off copycat shootings, as high-profile terrorist attacks often do. It’s already hard to explain to people that the shooter being trans is a coincidence, but if it repeats within a short time span, it’s going to get much worse.

In unrelated news, Russians released a video allegedly depicting Ukrainian soldiers harassing a Russian-speaking woman. It was quickly shown to be fake and the place it was filmed in was geolocated to be in the Russian-occupied part of Ukraine. A pro-Russian Telegram channel criticized the video for being too obvious of a fake and said “there is still much for us to learn and improve upon”.

@Background Pony #E763
It’s just posturing and signalling that Russia will protect Belarus. There is no additional danger, as EU and US are already in range of Russian nukes.

Regarding the situation in Israel, I’ve heard it seems to stem from two things:
  • Israeli right-wing parties have long criticized the Supreme Court for - in their view - intervening too much and using judicial powers to stop legislation that was voted for by a majority. So this reform is not unexpected. What is unexpected is that this reform goes very, very far.
  • Netanyahu was forced to form an alliance with radicals because everyone else refused. The radicals of course expect him to do radical things. If he doesn’t, he might lose their support. And if no one wants to associate with him, he will become irrelevant. This is why he’s reluctant to back off.

@MethidMan
If you wanted to do that, you’d have to distinguish between the person and their beliefs. You might accept the person, but you can never accept their evil beliefs. You’d need to make it very clear that any sort of nazi bullshit is absolutely unacceptable. If you see them spouting bullshit, patiently and kindly educate them on why it is bullshit and why it is unacceptable. But if you catch them trying to convert anyone to nazism, kick them out. You want to influence them, not let them influence others, nor provide them with a platform.
The same applies to other harmful ideas.
A lot of people have harmful ideas that they aren’t very attached to. They should hang out with reasonable people who will weaken those ideas. If society rejects them, they will turn to extremists who will reinforce those ideas instead. So I believe we should try to help them. We just need to stay careful to not let anyone abuse our good intentions.
I used to be slightly LGBT-phobic. If everyone rejected me and self-righteously screamed at me about how evil I am, today I would be strongly LGBT-phobic. I was lucky people I interacted with were reasonable and made good arguments.
Posted Report
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@MethidMan
If you wanted to do that, you’d have to distinguish between the person and their beliefs. You might accept the person, but you can never accept their evil beliefs. You’d need to make it very clear that any sort of nazi bullshit is absolutely unacceptable. If you see them spouting bullshit, patiently and kindly educate them on why it is bullshit and why it is unacceptable. But if you catch them trying to convert anyone to nazism, kick them out. You want to influence them, not let them influence others, nor provide them with a platform.
The same applies to other harmful ideas.
A lot of people have harmful ideas that they aren’t very attached to. They should hang out with reasonable people who will weaken those ideas. If society rejects them, they will turn to extremists who will reinforce those ideas instead. So I believe we should try to help them. We just need to stay careful to not let anyone abuse our good intentions.
I used to be slightly LGBT-phobic. If everyone rejected me and self-righteously screamed at me about how evil I am, today I would be strongly LGBT-phobic. I was lucky people I interacted with were reasonable and made good arguments.
Makes sense…
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
Ukranian Canadians 🤝 Florida Hispanics
Right-wing Christians who fled left-wing regimes and took their backwards views with them.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@Meanlucario
Ukranian Canadians are generally more to the left of Florida Hispanics, to be fair. For one they’re more LGBT-friendly (and aren’t as likely to support right-wing parties).
But they are very nationalistic, and nationalism by definition is a backwards, right-wing view (I’m of Irish descent; am I waving an Irish and American flag around all the time? No, because I don’t let blood define me).
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Russia has likely surpassed 300k casualties, made even higher when you consider natural attrition from retirements, discharges, and non-combat related fatalities.
So that is over 300k dead, injured, MIA, captured, defected, retired, or otherwise discharged.
Which, btw, is more losses than the Russian army has suffered since the end of WWII…combined.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@Meanlucario
A Ukranian Canadian group actually tried to get Top Gun: Maverick’s Oscar noms nullified. The reason? Because it was partly financed by Russian oligarchs.
Tellingly no other Ukranian advocacy group rallied behind that call. Because it was dumb (plus the financing was exhausted before the invasion, so it wasn’t like the studio could just give them the money back).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide