Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
@Kiryu-Chan
Given the circumstances (victims are all Asian and it took place on a major Chinese holiday) I’d say this would have been a hate crime but so far it doesn’t seem like it.
Shooter has been confirmed to be Asian too, and it doesn’t seem to be racially/politically charged afaik.
Background Pony #1F81
@Kiryu-Chan
Given the circumstances (victims are all Asian and it took place on a major Chibese holiday) I’d say this would have been a hate crime but so far it doesn’t seem like it.
Shooter has been confirmed to be Asian too, and it doesn’t seem to be racially/politically charged afaik.
Update: Police have found a van that appears to be long to the suspect. Police have him surrounded and are currently in a standoff.
No updates on if they have been arrested yet afaik
Posted Report
Background Pony #282A
@Background Pony #1D40
You spend 8 years trying to tell people that shit is slowly getting more and more extreme, try to point out the hypocrisy of the people who yell about free speech actively cheering when books are banned or when people they dont like get their free speech blocked, and only get called a cuck, SJW, or soyboy in response.
And then barely any people actually getting it through their thick skulls whats happening when the status quo warriors flat out say the cruelty is the point.
You’d be a bit jaded too.
“Later they say those people want mass murder.”
Oh and here’s a post by Elijah Schafer, popular right wing commentator, posting a meme about killing trans kids
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Another 6 documents were found at Biden’s residence. Making this the… third? Fourth time this happened and around 20 documents or so total?
Good on him and his administration for continuing to cooperate so they can find these things, but it still keeps happening.
Background Pony #5A3A
Good on him and his administration for continuing to cooperate so they can find these things, but it still keeps happening.
To be fair, it has been pointed out that this is more of a problem with the system itself than any sort of malice or criminality on Biden’s part.
Adds Scott Amey, general counsel for the Project on Government Oversight, “I’d bet you that if they go back to all of the living presidents and root through their homes and their libraries and their warehouses and garages, they’re going to unearth some classified documents there.”
Posted Report
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”
— Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Lord of the Rings provides some good context here.
Recall the saying that all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.
And also remember that Fangorn Forest got mulched because the ents chose neutrality in the face of all encompassing evil. And only after they were personally harmed did they deign to do something about it.
There is no such thing as neutrality when the choice is between opposing evil or ignoring it.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1D40
You’d be a bit jaded too.
I would. And I am, though perhaps somewhat less. This sort of thing is happening not only in US. But I still think it’s important to stay calm and rational. Exaggeration detracts from the statements you are making. There’s still a lot of undecided or easily swayed people, but if we seem unreasonable, they won’t listen. Even I cringed at the hyperbole, despite agreeing with you. (I assume you were that BP.) People who are undecided would react even more negatively.
“Later they say those people want mass murder.”
Pro-Trump Candidate Calls for Executing Parents of LGBTQ+ Kids
Oh and here’s a post by Elijah Schafer, popular right wing commentator, posting a meme about killing trans kids
I repeat again: I am not denying that it’s happening, because it is. There’s a scary amount of extremists talking about killing minorities, especially LGBT people.
I am not denying the fact that these bigots are mostly right-wing. And I’m not saying that there’s only a few of them. There’s way too much.
The only thing that I was saying is that accusing all right-wing or even just right-leaning people of doing this, is wrong. It’s like accusing all even slightly left-leaning people of being TERFs just because some of them are. Or accusing all Ukrainians of being neo-Nazis just because some of them are.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Violet Rose in The Rain
“Help the oppressed and the oppressor”
“I understand about helping the oppressed but wdym by helping the oppressor?!”
“By stopping him (from oppressing others)”
–convo between a man and his companion in a desert ca. VII century CE
“If you see oppression, stop it with your hand. If you don’t have the ability, then with speech (in all of its form) and if that isn’t even possible, then with your heart (by disapproving it)”
–same man, same desert, same time period.
However, be tactful about it in practice. Don’t just start throwing hands. Unless you’re a character in a TVseries/movies/comic/manga/novel/vidya game in which case go for it.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1F81
@Kiryu-Chan
Given the circumstances (victims are all Asian and it took place on a major Chibese holiday) I’d say this would have been a hate crime but so far it doesn’t seem like it.
Update: Police have found a van that appears to be long to the suspect. Police have him surrounded and are currently in a standoff.
No updates on if they have been arrested yet afaik
Update: the shooter is now dead of a self-inflected gunshot after the police tried to arrest him
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I think I kicked the hornets nest on another forum for going after Germany’s unwillingness to send tanks to Ukraine.
Was bombarded by a wave of “Well ackshually!!!” responses ranging from “Russia will nuke Germany” to “they’re being ‘tactical’” followed by many, many downvotes.
Posted Report
Background Pony #9B05
Remember when Obama said people just need to “out-organize” voter suppression?
Just ignore the millions of people who can’t organize because of disabilities, lack of access to transportation, or just don’t have the time or money to organize for their political party.
Posted Report
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Zincy
there is a few reasons America isn’t all in yet.
>it’s not profitable (you can stop reading here if you choose)
>there is no urgency, we know it’s going to be shock and awe
>It would be histories biggest disregard for human life since Christianity, much of our country might dissent, and the world will be terrified of us.
it’s the people who are scared of mutually assured destruction, the apprehension of the common man, combined with lack of profit or urgency is why we sleep. Russia is scared and broke, which is why they’re doing silly shit instead of outright action.
A nuclear bomb is a crude device, it’s a tube that joins two glowing rocks. A child could make a schematic for one. Getting that device into our air space is the impossible task. Our technological capabilities are godlike compared to them, if there was any urgency that destitute country huddling over a pile of uranium would be a glass parking lot. America will use its Jewish Space Laser to etch ‘Made in America’ on the glass crater that is Russia.
Posted Report
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Beth
Because there was no violence in the world before Christianity. I’m well aware that people have done atrocities in the name of religion (not just Christianity), but it’s BS to claim that Christianity is all about disregarding human life (especially when the bible is about being decent to other people, including non-believers).
Posted Report
Beth
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
Yeah you’re right, that’s just some stupid shit i sprinkle in.
My point would probally be stronger if I didn’t blur the line between jokes and facts so much. it’s not even a good joke, it’s kinda just shitty. the jewish space laser thing was funnier.
My bad. I forget how many decent people I can offend by choosing arbitrary targets to shit on.
Christianity doesn’t propagate a disregard for human life. Some people with such disregard just like to use stuff like religion to propagate their shitty behavior.
Sorry.
Posted Report
Beth

In digital purgatory
I got to be tripping balls on acid to even vaguely forget that morality is the cornerstone in which most common folk interact religion.
Not all christians are Joel Olsteen or homophobic cultist. Most religious folk use religion as a tool for understanding our inborn morality, and simply are not too critical of their faith, because it isn’t broken for their intents and purposes.
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Latest I heard is that his ex-wife (div. 2005) has commented on the shooting. She said he was quick to anger.
That combined with the fact most of the people he shot appear to be over 50 makes me think this could have been a personal grievance with one or more families, or possibly his own family.
MethidMan
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Lol, did he seriously not realize he was in big trouble? What, was he expecting a pat on the back from the FB-fuckin-I?
Lock that motherfucker in the slammer, he fuckin’ deserves what he gets.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide