Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@lonewolf
That article questions why Ukraine hasn’t pushed harder into Kherson by now, and I think Crimea has a lot to do with it. The more they can soften up Muscovy’s supply lines and rear guard, the easier it’ll be for them to finally advance. Taking their time doesn’t pose a similar threat to their own operations, because a) they’re on defense, so their supply lines aren’t as stretched, and b) they’re being backed up by NATO and the US in particular, and we are absolute motherfuckers when it comes to logistics. We slapped together a whole-ass invasion of a country on the other side of the planet in a matter of weeks without blinking.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Tetraethyl lead is one of leads most toxic forms, and it easily aerosolizes. It’s particularly dangerous for children, and it lingers in the environment.
I’ll shed no tears for its further departure, the industry should have adapted years ago when leaded fuel was being phased out in every other industry.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy
“But our ma and pa store specializes in given lead poisoning to children! This is just big corporations crushing small businesses! Only we should be allowed to poison children!”
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@The Smiling Pony
Frustrating, to be sure, but the deal does require him to testify against the Trump Organization later this year. Not against Trump personally, but given how much of TFG’s alleged wealth is tied up in his alleged businesses, that may be a distinction without a difference.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
I just got an email from the US Department of Education concerning my Defense to Repayment and the class-action lawsuit against the people responsible for giving out loans for all the diploma mills. It concerns a proposed settlement and a list of schools that were pretty much classified as those same diploma mills (and my school, The Art Institute, made that list.) If I understand correctly, if the court approves the settlement, my student loan will be pretty much discharged, guaranteed. Heck, I heard that ITT Tech students were also having their loans discharged.
It doesn’t pay to give us a shitty education via diploma mills.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Biden’s admin is doing fantastic work dealing with those for-profit diploma mills.
I’m hoping he does some broad dept relief to, and maybe a cap on tuition prices.
That would be grand.
Background Pony #1D40
Lithuanians and Poles launched a money collection named “Legion of Boom” to buy drones for Ukraine. They want to raise 5 million € for Polish Warmate loitering munitions from WB Group and Ukrainian Topaz drones from UkrJet. They hope to finish before August 24 because this is the date of Ukrainian Independence Day. (Poles also point out that August 23 is an anniversary of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, which is a good time to spite the Russians.) The initiative was conceived by Andrius Tapinas, who was also responsible for the Lithuanian collection for a Bayraktar TB2 drone.
Blowing up Russian ammo depots sounds like a great use of money, so I have donated. I’m not sure if I can link to the collection or if I should just keep the above as a fun fact.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
Modern GA aircraft use the green 100UL avgas instead of the blue 100ll avgas. I’m not denying the adverse health effects of leaded fuels. So now the aircraft that are unable to use 100UL will be older aircraft like the Cessna 172 which is widely used by flight schools and is an airframe that dates back to the late 1950s early 1960s. Most modern aircraft are also more fuel efficient so there is clearly a reason why small part 61 flight schools (and yes some larger part 141 schools) use these older planes. Assuming we both agree that dissolving a majority of flight schools fleet without compensation is a bad idea, what would your solution be?
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
What is your advice regarding Russian and pro-Russian trolls who say “what about the children of Donbass?”
They use the Donbass separatists and Russians, with their eight years excuse, as their reason to hate and exterminate Ukraine. This is why I regard the words “Donbass” and “Donetsk” as abominations, Putinist excuses for total war and ruin.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I mean, trolls will be trolls, it’s not like you could ever change their mind.
You could say “What about the overwhelmingly superior death toll and suffering caused to the rest of Ukraine by Russian bombardments?”, but then they’ll immediately pivot to another propaganda talking point (“AZOV BATAILLION! BIOLAB SUPERWEAPON! NEW WORLD ORDER!”) and consider you “owned”. There’s no use arguing with them.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Adapt or die, thems the breaks.
We should not be burning lead, a known neurotoxin, even in small amounts. Especially given its effects on small children.
I am going to have to call a little irony on “abortion is bad cause it kills children” if you’re then going to brush over the dangers of literal lead that has an intensely negative impact of developing nervous systems. Even small amounts of lead introduced into the environment can be quite bad for local populations.
[@lonewolf](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=5278691#post_5278691
Apples and oranges, this is specifically about a known toxin. Car exhaust is bad, but it’s a lot less bad now that they don’t put lead in it.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
I also read that whataboutism is a cultural problem in Russian society.
IIRC people who engage in this disgusting, selfish practice may have thought that nobody will ever listen to them, since all they see are Western or US issues everywhere, and not theirs (Palestine, Kashmir Muslims/Hindus, US war crimes). Their backgrounds include:
  • nationalist
  • communist, “anti-imperialist” (but supports Russian and Chinese militarism)
  • left-wing
  • Black, Latino, Asian, Russian (“White”), Pakistani, Chinese, Hindu, Muslim nationalist
  • Nazis (more “Whites”) also engage in this insanity too, like “what about Dresden”, “barbary slave trade”, “Zimbabwe/South Africa”.
The reason why I hate whataboutism and everyone who practices it is because they will never answer for their own crimes. They will always point out others’ errors (and of course we will do the same for ourselves because we are not like them), and they will never correct their own.
They just want to be heard and be praised as “the perfect ones”, while they commit war crimes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide