Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Minorities and Women, time to lock and load:
Don’t let these inbred fascist cultist fucks lay a hand on you.
See how they like it when an AR15 is pointed at them.
Remember, America was and is the most pro-gun nation in history. Guns have more rights than people.
Right up until the Black Panthers started arming. Then Ol’ Saint Ronny Reagan himself became the biggest believer in gun control.
So minorities, there’s an easy and non-violent solution to all our problems right in front of us.
Background Pony #F4FF
@MethidMan
It’s frustrating, yes, I understand, but using guns on politicians is wrong, Republican or not. But if you want to, fine.
We can vote Democrats. After all, they want to codify roe. I think.
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Voting Democratic is at best pumping the brakes on the slide into fascism, but it won’t reverse anything. All their actions are purely performative and shallow. They’ll find some excuse to avoid acting. The best we’re gonna get is the House Dems singing an off-key rendition of God Bless America like they did today.
Background Pony #6B50
Roe should have never been settled the way it was in the first place. That being said while I do think it should be left to the states I also think this decision should have been much narrower.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Companies and economists from across the board are coming out to condemn the move, and it makes sense why.
For starters, corps are loathed to deal with conflicting laws across states. It makes their lives harder. Makes their insurance packages and incentives look less appealing in restrictive states, gives their HR headaches, and can become a policy nightmare depending on what the laws end up being. They’re also in a PR bind, and you’ve got some major brands out their moving to support their female workers (with a few in particular even saying they’ll fund travel for women who want abortions in other states).
The socioeconomic impact is also pretty well documented. Female spending power and job mobility tend to drop in areas where reproductive care options are more restricted, hitting poorer areas particularly hard. In fact, a non-partisan group of major economic leaders filed a friend of the court brief in support of Roe earlier in the year.
Make no mistake, the companies are not taking a moral stand, they don’t actually care. But when a decision looks like it will affect their bottom line and hiring power, then you know they’re going to go ham.
Background Pony #15B5
I can’t think of a better way for pride week to end than the overturning of roe vs wade.
New York getting it’s concealed gun rights back, Roe vs wade, and the Twitter board confirming it’s sale to musk. Tough week huh?
I can only hope this creates a reactionary push by the left to neuter the powers of the supreme court.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@MethidMan
We can vote Democrats. After all, they want to codify roe. I think.
Yeah, uh, about that.
The Dems had half a century to sure up Roe on something other than even-at-the-time-admitted shaky grounds. They spent half a century fundraising off the threat of it ending instead.
Women just lost reproductive autonomy, women and men just lost their right to privacy, gays and interracial couples right to marry are now being openly threatened.
But hey, at least Nancy Pelosi got to grift some money to fill her $1000 fridge with expensive ice cream by saying if you fund her reelection you’re funding the defense of Roe, right?
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The way I see it, there’s one of two things that will happen in the coming months:
a) US politics is about to lurch to the left despite the Democratic Establishments’ best efforts to prevent it, or
b) Liberals eventually lose interest and adapt once again to the creeping fascism, and turn the keys over to the GOP for the last time in November because Muh Inflation.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
I wouldn’t blame pro-choice protestors if they storm the Justice building or wherever they’re outside of, but conservatives would blame them for doing an insurrection.
Or something. I’m not too familiar with how American federal law works.
I’d like to state for the record that I fully endorse a pro-choice version of January 6th, because QAnon supporters can’t have all the fun, and abortion rights are important.
Yes, but like with republicans and gun rights, they couldn’t give up their precious wedge issue in order to raise money and get people out to vote. This is the third democratic administration that had ample opportunities to federally enshrine access to abortion, but they chose not to. This is what #VoteBlueNoMatterWho gets you.
Background Pony #15B5
@Background Pony #F4FF
Desantis doesnt even put his shoes on without checking how Trump does it. He might be the 2028 pick, but he needs to keep his local seat first and prove himself. Trumps got the shallow charisma, a higher Q rating, better name recognition and is still the incumbent president in the minds of many of his 2020 voters.
Trump will run. Democrats best move in my opinion is to have Biden step down in favour of someone younger and than use Trumps age against him.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide