Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1D40
banned unmarried women from purchasing contraceptives
Huh, I didn’t expect that. AFAIK the argument against contraception is that married couples should be “open to children”. But an unmarried woman is not the person who should be “open to children”. She is the person who needs contraception the most. If you deny her contraception, it’s going to end in abortion, which is considered to be much worse. So such a ban seems counterproductive.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Let me end this essay with a few points that I want people who believe in liberty for all people to ponder: 1st off, true Liberals & Libertarians have been far too lax for far too long. They have let the lying Anti-Abs terrorize them in to silence. They even have ceded the terms of the debate. Witness how Pro-Abortionists don’t even call themselves Pro-Abortionists- as if the word abortion is dirty. This is a victory for the Gyno-Nazis. By using the euphemism Pro-Choice they have wimped out. What are they Pro-Choice about? Free Linoleum for all? No. Abortion. Say the word & say the term Pro-Abortion with pride. YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT. All of time & human history proves that those with the more Liberal & Progressive agendas win in the end. In 30 years, when the Anti-Abs are a relict of the last century, how will future Progressives & Libertarians judge those who had to fight if they could not even vocalize their beliefs? That said- I am Pro-Abortion, not just Pro-Choice- we need less people in this world. 2ndly, Pro-Abortionists must be on the offensive, not simply reactionary to the vile tactics of the Gyno-Nazis. A fetus is not a human being because it’s a non-autonomus being, totally dependent on its mother. Most Pro-Choicers wimp out & say a fetus is not a human being because of (mumble, mumble, mumble….). STOP IT! What’ll happen in a couple of decades when all pregnancies can (for a cost), for their full 9 months of gestation, be done without a body- i.e.- be done in a laboratory? You will need a SPECIFIC reason(s) to be Pro-Abortion. Reason 1 was the aforementioned autonomy argument. Reason 2 is that every human being has an absolute right to determine whether or not his/her genes get passed on- or not. Point #3- as part of pre-emption Pro-Abs should point out over & again the intimate connections the Anti-Ab movement has with both the scurrilous pedophilic Roman Catholic Church, &- even more chillingly- with White Supremacist/Neo-Nazi movements who believe abortion is a plot to genocidally wipe out the GREAT WHITE RACE! In short, these are not peaceful, smiling old Grannies, but KKKers a generation or 2 removed. & a 4th & final point to consider is this: deep down, in the very core of the Republican Party, there’s not a politician who truly wants Roe vs. Wade overturned. Huh?, you say. That’s right- real Conservatives, & their more reasonable counterparts, are just throwing a bone to the fanatical Christian Rightists, so that their support remains intact. But why? Because the real Republican power brokers know that the day that Roe vs. Wade is overturned will mark the beginning of the end for the modern Republican Party as we know it. The backlash from Liberals & feminists, not to mention moderate Republican women who would leave the GOP in droves, would be a Death Blow the Republicans could not recover from. It would be the 1968 Democratic Convention x 100 on the political self-immolation scale. It would not only doom the Republicans, but unleash a firestorm that would spell the end of the Conservative movement. The GOP would fracture into at least a ½ dozen smaller parties which would be a cacophony of permanently minority voices which would make the diversity of the modern Democratic Party seem harmonious by comparison. These are the realities. The future is far brighter, despite the recent Supreme Court ruling which overturned the application of RICO laws to the criminal Anti-Abs, than Pro-Abs realize. In a few decades people will be wondering what all the BS was about- just as people today wonder what all the BS about Civil Rights was about. After all- it seems so manifest, in retrospect, that only a true psychotic could deny its truth; almost as manifest as a young teenager’s seeing an actual human fetus in formaldehyde & realizing he’s never run into someone like that on the street. Thanks, Mr. Wallenfels!
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I struggle to have sympathy for transphobes who are concerned that they will get shouted at for their views when I’ve lost family, been refused banking services, healthcare, and housing, had my head kicked in, and a tonne of other grim stuff just because I’m trans. You know?
Like, my dude, if you wanna give it (transphobia), then you’ve gotta learn to take it (being told that transphobia isn’t acceptable).
The cultural conversation around trans people in this country is heinous and we need to do better. A good starting point would be “having human decency”, but what do I know, I’m just a trans guy with a journalism degree.
Background Pony #D478
I hope the government starts helping the mothers they’re forcing to have babies.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Don’t you get it? It’s not about saving babies, it’s all about punishing women for having casual sex, whether it’s throwing her in jail for having an abortion or shoving babycare needs down her throat without any assistance whatsoever, they just want women to suffer for having sex.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I wouldn’t blame pro-choice protestors if they storm the Justice building or wherever they’re outside of, but conservatives would blame them for doing an insurrection.
Or something. I’m not too familiar with how American federal law works.
Latecomer

I’m trying very hard to convince myself someone crashing a plane into the Court while they’re in session would only make things worse…
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

Daily reminder that Republicans are just doing this to make people they don’t like suffer. They’ll still be forcing their mistresses to get abortions.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide