Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
IIRC, they were some big shot assassin squad loyal to Putin or something. So much so they were contracted to kill Zelensky.
That worked out about as much as everything else Putin has done.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Basically not comparable at all? Afghanistan happened in retaliation to the 9/11 attacks, and the US was successful in rolling through. It wasn’t a complete routing, but while the Afghani army did put up good resistance the US was the clearly superior entity the entire time. The US also had international support and assistance.
Pretty much everything above is the opposite for Russia’s attack on Ukraine. It was unprovoked, they’re getting humiliated, [Everyone Disliked That] keeps popping up every hour towards Russia, etc.
I mean, I guess there’s a comparison in (planned) future wars. The US used Afghanistan to springboard into a war with Iraq with lies. New info is coming out that Russia planned to lie into wars with other nations after Ukraine.
But that’s about it.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan
Thing is, at this point Putin needs Zelenskyy alive. He might be the only person in the world who could convince the Ukrainian people to lay down their arms. And even then, a good chunk of the populace might be like, “fuck that, we’re killin’ Russkies.”
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Hypothetical memes about Ukraine’s actual badassery aside, word from Ukrainian civilians and military is that they don’t want to fight at all. Russians and Ukrainians are practically family, and in many cases there’s actual blood relatives across both nations.
There’s seems to be a popular saying in Ukraine of “If Russia lays down their arms, there would be no war. If Ukraine lays down their arms, there would be no Ukraine.”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It occurs to me that NATO could just turtle up if Russia attacked.
They could win the war without even having to step foot in Russian territory by basically letting Russia break itself on their lines. Given that none NATO European countries like Sweden and Finland would likely join now that Putin has showed his hands means that NATO could just create a defensive bulwark and just let Russias 80s and 90s era tech fall to pieces. Punctuated with airstrikes and artillery attacks whenever the so much as put a foot on the border.
This would allow NATO to fight a war without escalating it, likely lessening the chances of it going atomic.
I’d have to read up on the laws in question before forming an opinion.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Like I mentioned before, this has more in common, ironically, with Hitler’s invasion of Russia …
Or Napoleons invasion of Russia …
Or the Eastern front of World War 1 …
Or the Swedish invasion of the Tsardom of Russia …
Or the Polish invasion of Russia …
It’s almost like Russia decided to fight a land war, in a former part of the USSR … IN THE WINTER
Genius.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

In response to texas’s attack on trans youths the Biden administration has issued a strong reposnse calling for victims to contact them and bringing federal agencies to bear on the matter which could threaten to massively defund all the agencies involved in enforcing this assault on the health and well being of trans youths and their families,
Also fucking assholes are apparently going after girl scouts over their cookies for not being healthy and for made up ties to planned parenthood,
Background Pony #7F4F
@neutralgrey
Russia has never been a real military threat to NATO since the dissolution of the USSR. They have made progress in modernization, but the real threat is to their neighbors like Ukraine.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide