Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
>referring to 4chan as a singular entity
Y’know that’s why we have the Hacker known as 4chan joke, right?
Regardless, I don’t give two shits about his, or any other entertainer’s politics for the most part, especially if they’re well-off. Marky Mark was right when he said that they shouldn’t really comment on it since due to their wealth they can’t really relate to the struggles normal people have.
Background Pony #C372
I’m hearing that Biden absolutely humiliated Trump on national television.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
More or less. He had a press conference addressingthe Jan 6th anniversary, which naturally includes mentioning that yes Trump was responsible. Didn’t dunk on him or anything, just saying ‘Yeah Former President Trump did this thing.’
Fox News was having conniption fits the entire time. They even put up a montage of how many time Biden said “Former President Trump”, naturally without any of the words surrounding that though. Can’t let your viewers know that Dear Leader attacked his own nation after all.
Background Pony #C372
Biden needs to lay into Trump more. Enough of the, “They go low, we go high” nonsense.
Biden needs to talk about Trump’s business failures, how he cheated on his wives, and how he sexually assaults women.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
The sucking at business and sexual assault thing I can understand, but going after Trump cheating on his wives I don’t, especially in the current political epoch. We all knew that the evangelical base was hypocritical, but Trump’s victory just proved that the so-called “moral majority” lost the culture war over a decade ago, and their ability to swing presidential elections isn’t what it once was; so going after Trump with regards to his infidelity won’t do shit with either his base, or potential voters who don’t care about that.
If Biden really wanted to hurt Trump, he’d build the wall, ramp up sanctions against China, and destroy the global pedophile cabal; things that Trump couldn’t quite get done.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
A lot to take in during the closing hours of this anniversary. One of the biggest is how there was a vigil held in Congress to respect the police who saved our democracy 1 year ago, and to honor the ones who gave their lives too. With the exception of Liz Cheney, not a single House GQP Representative was there. Dick Cheney was there too FFS.
Don’t ever tell me that Republicans “Back the Blue”.
Also, here’s a full transcript of Biden’s speech today. It’s probably the most scathing he’s ever been to Trump, and he didn’t even need to exaggerate.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
“All I know about that day was, he was in the dining room gleefully watching on his TV as he often did, [saying] ‘Look at all of the people fighting for me,’ hitting rewind, watching it again,” Grisham said. “That’s what I know.”
Lock him up.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Speaking of locking people up, I know he’s already in prison but I’m watching that recent Channel 5 interview with the Qanon Shaman. He’s actually insane
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I mean we all already knew that. But thanks for going masks off about it now.
Of course they were. They’ve made it clear over the last year the only thing that upset Jan 6 upset them about was that it failed.
No, no, he has a point.
If we want to return to some “Good Ol’ Days”, this one sounds nice.
Background Pony #4177
>Jan 6 is worse then 9/11
Thanks for finding the cringiest takes on Twitter for us
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
I dunno, the part about Jan 6 being “9/11 except half the country is rooting for the plane” sounds pretty on point
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Biden’s economy speech is pretty good.
I’m rather fond of the line “capitalism without competition is not capitalism, it’s exploitation.”
Which is 100% correct. A lot of these so called “capitalist” ultra conservatives don’t want actual capitalism where the market decides fair rates and prices, they want government sanctioned cronyism where them and their mates can stamp down wages and set prices themselves.
Background Pony #5208
@Kiryu-Chan
Except it’s not. Despite the death toll which is an obvious difference, 9/11 was a core turning point in our county. It fundamentally changed how people in the country, led to the longest war in US history, and indirectly led to another one. It was such a moment that people still think of things as being “post 9/11” and “pre 9/11”. January 6th was nowhere near that level.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Yeah 1/6 is nowhere near as impactful as 9/11.
But, like, the very concerted effort to keep 1/6 as inconsequential is another large reason why the day is troubling. Half the country really was rooting for the planes of that day.
Background Pony #5208
@Dustcan
The part that troubles me the most is that we’ve reached a point where we are eat others throats over every presidential election. The two sides of our country, which in general actually agree on most things, have managed to hate each other so much that they would be willing to resort to violence if the other guy actually wins. It’s stupid that we’ve hit a point where instead of sitting down and honestly negotiating a give and take to get things done that the country would want, the strategy is to brute force your policies through or to block anything the other side wants to do in order to not give them a “win”.
I don’t see Jan 6th as an insurrection or terrorist attack. I see it as a temper tantrum from a bunch of people who have been getting more and more pissed off over the years and believe something has to be done. While I don’t believe it alone was a threat to our democracy, I do see it as a wake up call for the country to realize the dangerous path we’ve been moving along. Sadly this keeps feeding into itself. Politicians and journalists see that taking a more radical and provocative stance works (reelection and page views) so they keep doing it. Doing this helps reinforce the views of people, who keep responding positively to it, further encouraging the politicians and journalists. That’s how Trump got elected, he saw what was happening and decided to ride that wave of anger into a presidency.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #5208
I will agree in as much that 9/11 changed everything suddenly and took the whole world by surprise, while 1/6 was a fairly predictable expression of existing trends. However, I don’t know if that’s any better
@Background Pony #5208
Yes, it’s the implications of what it means which make it significant. The peaceful transfer of power, accepted even by the losers, is an essential part of Western democracy - and America need only look to it’s south to see what can happen when that fundament is lacking. (To be fair, they’ve exploited that enough in the past…)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide