Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
…except the only reason you had a Trump presidency was because there was a Bush presidency. Did everyone forget how we got from there to here? Let’s see:
Bush steals the election from Gore with the help of the SC -> 9/11 happens, giving the Bush admin the excuses they need to enact their ghoulish neocon desires for the country and the planet, leading to the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq abroad, and bolstering the housing market at home -> the invasions turn into immense quagmires and the housing bubble implodes, leading to the GFC -> Obama wins a landslide victory because he promises to not make those same mistakes -> Obama fumbles with his promises and the Snowden leaks damage Obama’s legitimacy -> Democrats choose Clinton to be Obama’s successor, but due to her issues and people sick of Democrat fuckups, Trump becomes president.
If Gore had won in 2000, and assuming 9/11 still happened (if you’re one of those people who thinks the CIA wasn’t involved in that), it’s likely that people’s knowledge of Trump would be “that guy from the Apprentice?” because we’d still be a decade off from someone like him running.
I’d also be remiss to add that Bush is the reason that climate change policies were put on the back burner, so if you’re a Thunberg type, you should be pretty angry at Bush for squandering nearly a decade of time by not trying to cut emissions.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
assuming 9/11 still happened (if you’re one of those people who thinks the CIA wasn’t involved in that)
For the record, chemtrail mix runs more than hot enough to melt steel beams.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Joke’s on you, as I tend to believe most of the official 9/11 Commission’s findings. I do wonder if certain groups or individuals did have a degree of foreknowledge however. Not in either the LIHOP malicious sense, or the “on ‘x’ day ‘y’ will happen in this way in this order”, but more of a “a terrorist attack carried out by islamists involving airliners” type way.
That isn’t outside the realm of possibility either, especially given what we saw with that recent school shooting, where the evidence leading up to said shooting would strongly suggest that a shooting would happen soonish. I can very much see someone connecting the dots before 9/11, and instead of telling the authorities, tries to benefit from something like that happening.
And even if they did go to the authorities, they wouldn’t have fully pursued it either, because neither side would have a clear idea what such an event would look like (hindsight is 20/20 after all), thus even with the best of intentions all around, such evidence (Islamic terrorists carrying out an attack with airliners) is hardly actionable. Put bluntly, nobody knows what a 9/11 would actually look like until someone carries out a 9/11.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Ebalosus
We all know Bush and his oil lobbyist buddies are responsible for pulling the US out of the Kyoto agreement. Still, going after him 20 years after the fact seems nearly as pointless to me as digging up the corpses of Milton Friedman and Ronald Reagan to hold them accountable for their part in the current neoliberal world order.
@Ebalosus
Leaks happen. From my understanding, the CIA’s involvement was that they knew for a fact that there was an imminent terrorist attack in the making but, due to office politics and a myriad of other factors, they were so incompetent at communicating and coordinating with the other alphabet agencies to stop it that the hijackers were able to carry their plans virtually unimpeded.
Background Pony #3F81
@Ebalosus
The economic recession would have still happened under Gore and would have probably been around as bad, Afghanistan invasion would have also happened, though no Iraq which would be nice. I think after that we would get a new Republican president, but you’re right that it wouldn’t be Trump. I think people would be unhappy with Gore and vote for a more standard Republican.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Ereiam
It’s been claimed that the the slow transition because of the recount fight was a big reason why. Apparently many of the state positions were unfilled or confirmed only months prior.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
I’m not entirely sure the recession would have been as bad.
The subprime crisis is what caused the housing market collapse, and thus the recession.
Several prominent dems back in the day brought up measures to curb a potential crash (though even they likely did not know just how back the coming collapse would be).
Theoretically, if several of those measures and regulations had been put into place, banks may have ratched back their little subprime schemes.
Dems would also have been quicker to enact stimulus legislation and at a higher price tag.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
After about a week on “indefinite suspension” CNN has officially shit canned Chris Cuomo.
I don’t think it was reported but Cuomo the CNN reporter was caught in hot water after it was revealed he had been suppressing stories negative about his brother Andrew Cuomo’s Covid response in New York. That, and using CNN resources to run opposition research on his brother’s political enemies.
So yeah. Fuck the Cuomo brothers.
Background Pony #8F91
@Zincy
George Bush had actually tried to push through reform of Fannie and Freddie, but the Dems opposed him. Now maybe this was just typical DC bullshit of one party opposing an ides because the other proposed it. Personally I’m not convinced the reforms would have helped much anyway, but I think the Democrats at the time didn’t have the appetite for any meaningful reforms and if they were in power their attention would have been focused elsewhere. As far as the stimulus, I don’t know if they really would have been quicker to get things passed, or what would have passed. It’s really impossible to say if they would have been better or worse, so much of the reaction boiled down to blaming the other party and political maneuvers.
I’m confident the recession would have been the same with Dems in charge, I’m not confident what the initial reaction would have been. If I had to bet I would say it wouldn’t be much different.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Supreme Court: “we’re neutral on abortion. Let the state legislatures decide that.”
People: “But those legislatures are so rigged they don’t actually represent the people of those states”
Supreme Court: “Yeah, we know. We’re neutral on that too.”
————
Zincy and Dusty, any advice on this?
Thanotos Omega

@CaptainXtra
Will possibly bite them in the ass, they didn’t dare to oppose it nationally because that would instantly offer dems a super popular easy thing to run on in national elections, but at the same time this could hurt republicans in purple states where people felt less concern because they were protected from this issue now they have to actually care about it, red states will of course suffer the worst as their is not a large enough blue contingent for the independents to rally behind, to oppose it,
Background Pony #C9EE
@CaptainXtra
It definitely requires reform, but I don’t think it’s the court’s job. Reform has made some progress, with states embracing it, but sadly this is one of those things where the party in power is so incentivized to keep it up that reforming is difficult.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
David Nunes is resigning from Congress in order to become a c-suiter of Trump’s new social media outlet.
Given that dems were likely going to Gerrymander him out of office, and he’s facing flack for his cavalcade of idiotic controversies, he likely just read the tea leaves and decided to cut and run.
AaronMk
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
Thinking about when the heroin used to be good in this country. Bill Clinton was president, Kurt Cobain had just died, and Khun Sa my beloved was at the top of his game. Now the CIA has slipped and knows nothing but get captured at Pizza Hut, lose election, and cede market to the Chinese.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide