Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6954
In my experience reading political threads, Democrats sure like to pretend red states are monoliths where EVERYONE in them votes Republican.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
  • Then it turned out she was only special because she’s Sheev Palpatine III. Hooray for agency!
  • The two good Terminator movies (and one good TV show) were a female-led franchise. Sarah Connor, mother of the future? You’ll take badass Linda Hamilton from my cold dead hands.
  • GB ’16 wouldn’t have been any better with male leads. Fuckin’ Kevin James and shit? God help us.
  • There’s a lot more to Star Trek than Discovery. Picard’s still a dude last I checked, and Strange New Worlds (2022) is gonna star Captain Pike and Spock from the TOS days.
@Background Pony #6954
Can confirm. Live in Orange County, Florida. An island of blue in a sea of red. It’s tough.
Background Pony #6954
A lot of red states are red because of gerrymandering, where empty rural areas count more than the blue urban areas where people, you know, actually live.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Background Pony #6954
Can’t really gerrymander state-level elections. But there are things you can do as far as voter suppression. (Conversely, voter mobilization is easier when everyone’s packed together. Maybe that’s part of why the Dems’ turnout is so swingy.)
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
“I won’t wear a mask because I’m not a coward” says cowardly man shouldering an automatic rifle and wearing body armor because he saw a black man get too close to his house once.
Background Pony #C9EE
@Background Pony #6954
I don’t think that’s limited to Democrats. I think people just see that a state went red or blue for a few election cycles and assume that state is therefore Democrat or Republican. State elections are always the more interesting ones, whose the governor? Who are the senators? The state reps?
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

• Those movies had no plan and suffered for it.
  • Sarah Connor is awesome. But she was not the only person in T1 and T2. Her son, Arnold etc. All really well written. Strange that SC is not referenced more when people wonder how to make a good female action character. (Alien/Aliens must be mentioned here as well.)
  • It would have been better if it was marketed properly and was written as a sequel instead of a reboot. Respect the source material!
  • Kurtzman and his 21 magical producers cannot make Star Trek. They are currently in their fifth season of complete failure. Discovery is shit. Picard is even worse, complete gutting of the character and setting. I have no hope whatsoever for Strange New Worlds.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Vast majority of people in Japan wearing masks even though mask mandates were never issued.
Japan masked up before it was cool. Tons of Asian countries masked up before it was cool. They had SARS. The first one. Now we have SARS-Cov-2 and Americans refuse to learn. Which makes all conspiracy theories and resistance to mask mandates so fucking hilarious.
Actually, this is what an intelligent culture does when it’s been hit by epidemics over and over. It’s the same across Asia. The West gets hit once, and suddenly it’s all about them and how they’re being ‘subjugated’, and it’s all to destroy their life. Nope, sorry, it’s just common sense.
We’ve been so lucky to avoid such disease, and we’re very lucky this wasn’t worse. We would’ve been done for.
Also, no political party in Japan is spending billions to weaponize non-mask wearing for the purposes of facilitating a culture war to ensure people vote Republican to ensure billionaires taxes remain low.
The moment it becomes political advantageous to be anti-science is the moment you’re Amerifucked.
Idiots saying masks don’t work when other countries had been using them successfully even before COVID. American conservatives are immune to opinions from outside of America. Guns, healthcare, wages, public services. If it isn’t shouted at them from a rural truck blogger, they don’t wanna hear it.
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
You know what would fix this mess? A blanket ban on antivaxxers entering hospitals. You want to stand up for a virus, you can fucking deal with said virus. The hard way.
Background Pony #B5D6
@Kazapsky
That would be incredibly unethical. Having to support, and even pay for, other people’s poor decisions is what you have to deal with when living in a nice country. If you’re a supporter of universal healthcare this is an even bigger fact.
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
The ethical approach has already failed. This pandemic will never end so long as people continue to fight against masks and vaccines. Sooner or later, governments will either have to put their foot down, HARD, or stand back and acknowledge that the virus has won and a big chunk of humanity is going to die.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide